Note 4 - How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

I had no problems picking up my AT&T N4 today after receiving the BB email that it would be available today. Traded in a S1 AT&T Captivate and received $200 gift card. Had to wait about an hour to be waited on but other than that it was smooth sailing. Kept my grandfathered unlimited data too.

Did you also get the $50 gift card because I didn't, but some here did somehow?

txlnghrn79

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Just left BB with my new Note 4!! Got my $200 for my trade in. Got all my data transfered via the geek squad app. It did it very fast. Got the 64gb SD card, s view cover (they were out of the black/gray ones so they over nighting it to me for free), mirror screen protector, and geek squad insurance (paid in full) . The guy that helped me was awesome!!!

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Only $50 gift card I had was the one I paid for when I preordered a couple of weeks ago. I asked about the My Best Buy which I wasn't registered for and both myself and the salesperson forgot about it when I was paying.

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Sorry haven't posted enjoying the note 4

So because I bought note 4 off contract they wouldn't do the $200 trade in on my Note 3 But they still offered me $225 for my Note 3

Got the Zagg mirror screen glass screen protector. They sold out of the regular glass screen protector.

Currently redownloading all my apps. Loving the sharp screen!

My experience at bb was overall good but sales rep forgot to add my purchase to my BB rewards account. It was $951 total purchase (including the screen protector) . But I can add the purchase manually online.

Oh and best buy charged me $7.99 to have them install the glass screen protector!! AT&T does it for free. Since I'm turning the entire $951 receipt into work and will get fully reimbursed, I'm not as mad about the $7.99 charge. Otherwise I'd be pissed as hell.

In the future may not buy from BB anymore

Worked out great for you and you got a phone unlike lots of us.

Posted via Android Central App

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Worked out great for you and you got a phone unlike lots of us.

Posted via Android Central App
Yeah that Sucks for alot of you guys. Cat believe BB would take all those pre-orders and not have enough.

I think this is the last time I'm gonna pre-order from BB honestly

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that Sucks for alot of you guys. Cat believe BB would take all those pre-orders and not have enough.

I think this is the last time I'm gonna pre-order from BB honestly
Worst is, if they don't make good, it will suck because now we missed the Samsung deal. Oh well...

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Have you thought about this case? They made it for the Note 3. it should be coming soon to the Note 4.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/17/5d1aa0299edb023d53a3857c81e71e03.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I got the s-view from att. Was planning to keep it for a few days while waiting for my spigen clear case from Amazon. But it looks so nice and it shows a few features like flashlight, favorite contacts, heart rate...etc when the cover is closed.
I might just keep it :)

3abde901183e3cc65597b46f8dbd2ed6.jpg

tdgwf

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

An hour and a half of my life spent... But I got my phone from Best Buy finally.... Some idiots they having working in that place.

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Stopped by the BB at lunch time with my pre-order receipt and an iPhone 3GS to trade. Had previously cleared with the BB staff that an outright purchase was okay with the $200 rebate.

Well...... not today. Was told there was no way to process the $200 rebate through the system unless it was a contract purchase. Left empty-handed.

Read the posts on this thread and decided to try again. Printed out some of the posts and one of the receipt images and took them to BB.

They agreed to give me the $200 discount plus the $50 discount. I also had a $220 gift card.

The $200 rebate would NOT process through their system. I watched them try. The manager had to authorize a $200 "rebate trade-in" for the 3GS manually, which took about 20 minutes. Was worth the wait as I walked out with a new Note 4.

Thanks everyone for the posts.

Glad it worked for you late in the day. I wasn't expecting to get the 200 with an outright purchase but I grabbed an old 3gs from a junk drawer and brought it in and cha ching at 10am. Like you said it wouldn't go through. Manager approved and I got the 200. Nobody there knew what the hell to do and because I was the second person they ran with it. Poorly planned launch but I got mine.

Posted via the Android Central App

skeetre

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

After being told to wait until I was called to pick up my phone, I decided to go by in person anyway since I was in the area tonight. Talked to a Samsung rep, who said 1 phone came in and sold real quick, the rest were for pre-orders. I told him I did preorder it. He then asked a BB rep to check on it. They looked in the cabinet and couldn't find it. I said yeah, I called earlier and was told mine didn't come in, but figured I'd stop by since I was in the neighborhood, and maybe it came in this afternoon. They both seemed surprised that my phone wasn't there. Bothers me a bit that they had one come in and sold it, when they hadn't filled all the preordered ones yet.

So I asked if they were giving the $200 and the extra $50 that is in the weekly ad, and the BB rep said yes, they are giving both. I told him that's why I'm trying to make sure I get my phone by tomorrow. He said whether or not I get a call or email, to come back tomorrow and he will try to get the manager to give me the $50, or at least work something out for me and hook me up/take care of me.

I figure if they don't have my phone still, and then don't want to give me the extra $50 either, I'm going to make a fool of myself and print some of these posts, and try to get the $50 or at least a $40 glass screen protector. I did get a $10 LUVVITT tempered glass screen protector from Amazon today, but a review of it says it doesn't fit right, leaves a mm or 2 sticking up around the edges. I also got the Gunmetal Spigen Tough Armor Case for Note 4 in, and it looks awesome! I love the kickstand feature, for a phone this size, that's going to be handy to watch movies and youtube videos.

txlnghrn79

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Also when I went to BB to get my note 4, I took in a printout from the website that said headphones were included, the guy threw in a package of Samsung headphones!! Like I said my BB salesman was awesome.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Also when I went to BB to get my note 4, I took in a printout from the website that said headphones were included, the guy threw in a package of Samsung headphones!! Like I said my BB salesman was awesome.

Wish you would have posted that before I picked mine up!! LOL

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I thought about doing something like that but I was just glad to get the extra $50! AT&T packaging was sooo shoddy its not even funny.

skeetre

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

I'm ordering a spare battery kit from samsung, and 50% with this code r96N5x6 - You have to login to a samsung account first for it to work. Getting a spare battery kit for the note 4 for me and S5 kit for my wife. (S5 kit costs more?!)

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I'm ordering a spare battery kit from samsung, and 50% with this code r96N5x6 - You have to login to a samsung account first for it to work. Getting a spare battery kit for the note 4 for me and S5 kit for my wife. (S5 kit costs more?!)

It costs more because it has the charging cord included. Note 4 doesn't.