Note 4 - How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 4 How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

Our best buy got in one. They chose not to fill any preorder with it for 'fairness' and because it would leave them out of stock. They put it up for sale instead, but because I mentioned I had preordered, they wouldn't sell it to me. They said to go home and they'd call if they got more in.

Assholes

Posted via the Android Central App

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

I walked in yesterday with no perorder and got it no contract. Simple as pie, didn't even have to check out at mobile lol. In and out in literally 5 minutes. Thanks to my best buy reward zone platinum I have 45 days to try this note 4 with no restocking fees. :)

I would double check a few things if I were you... first, it's not reward zone platinum anymore, hasn't been for months now... it's called elite plus. Second, I'm pretty sure that the 45 return exchange policy explicitly states that mobile phones are excluded. Just don't want you to get screwed cuz you assumed a thing or two...

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I went back to my Best Buy today... still don't have my phone, didn't expect it either since they didn't call/email. But the guy last night said to come back today either way. So he was there again today and another rep said they couldn't do anything about the $50 extra but I told him that guy sitting right there told me to come back today to do something for me. So finally after round and round with this new guy, he got the manager to give me until the 25th to get the extra $50 on top of the $200 when my Note 4 comes in... IF it comes in before the 25th. I'm hoping it does... and I'm thinking they're probably just going to extend the $50 deal in tomorrow's weekly ad or something anyway.

Also, samsung rep at the store told me the Zagg and other 3rd party brand tempered glass protectors don't fit right and have the 'halo' effect because Samsung sent the wrong specs to them. Anyone got a Zagg or Luvvitt brand glass screen protector to fit right?
I got the Zagg mirror screen glass protector from best buy yesterday . all they had. It fits but you can tell it is like 98% of the entire screen. So if you trace around the outside of the screen there is a small gap left exposed.

I'll try to take a pic to show you. I mean it's better than no protection But yeah this is pretty sad. Why I'm gonna try the S cover. It'll protect the screen until the Companies figure it out

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Our best buy got in one. They chose not to fill any preorder with it for 'fairness' and because it would leave them out of stock. They put it up for sale instead, but because I mentioned I had preordered, they wouldn't sell it to me. They said to go home and they'd call if they got more in.
That's a bunch of crap in my opinion

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

I would double check a few things if I were you... first, it's not reward zone platinum anymore, hasn't been for months now... it's called elite plus. Second, I'm pretty sure that the 45 return exchange policy explicitly states that mobile phones are excluded. Just don't want you to get screwed cuz you assumed a thing or two...

Attachments

• 2014-10-19-00-06-44.jpg
    2014-10-19-00-06-44.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 66

GoProDavidLe

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site

I went back to my Best Buy today... still don't have my phone, didn't expect it either since they didn't call/email. But the guy last night said to come back today either way. So he was there again today and another rep said they couldn't do anything about the $50 extra but I told him that guy sitting right there told me to come back today to do something for me. So finally after round and round with this new guy, he got the manager to give me until the 25th to get the extra $50 on top of the $200 when my Note 4 comes in... IF it comes in before the 25th. I'm hoping it does... and I'm thinking they're probably just going to extend the $50 deal in tomorrow's weekly ad or something anyway.

Also, samsung rep at the store told me the Zagg and other 3rd party brand tempered glass protectors don't fit right and have the 'halo' effect because Samsung sent the wrong specs to them. Anyone got a Zagg or Luvvitt brand glass screen protector to fit right?

I put a Zagg Glass protector on today. Is the "halo" effect that you are talking about where the edges seem to have a slight distortion?

skeetre

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

More that the edges leave a small gap exposed like mchi5 said. I've seen a couple posts, one on amazon and one on xda forums that show the LUVVITT screen protector with the gap. I'm glad I went with the $10 LUVVITT and not a $40 Zagg for now. I've never used the tempered glass ones until my wife got one on her s5 and it was awesome.

skeetre

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

BTW, I noticed that today's Best Buy ad doesn't have the extra $50 trade in for rewards members. I'm hoping my phone comes in this week and they honor it for me. I have a business card that says to give me the extra $50 until 25 October.

Voxelflinger

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

Pre-ordered and got my email to some in Friday or Saturday. I expected a crowd but I was at the store by 4:30 pm CST. Walked right up and the AT&T rep recognized me from the pre-order a week before. She said that BBY had some issues on their end with the upgrade so she stood by while the salesperson processed my order. There was a glitch caused by the pre-order so it was removed and processed as a same day sale. Everything worked out. Traded my two Notes (original Note phone) for two new Note 4s. I got $400 in gift cards plus the two $50 cards when I pre-ordered. Not bad for just walking up to the counter with no line.

scfoster

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Didn't feel like arguing about the return period for Elite Plus. I have that as well and verified on Friday that the return period is 14 days.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

Didn't feel like arguing about the return period for Elite Plus. I have that as well and verified on Friday that the return period is 14 days.
I was told that my off contract purchase held a 45 day return window by two reps. They said if it was on contract, it'd be 14 days.

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Pre-ordered and got my email to some in Friday or Saturday. I expected a crowd but I was at the store by 4:30 pm CST. Walked right up and the AT&T rep recognized me from the pre-order a week before. She said that BBY had some issues on their end with the upgrade so she stood by while the salesperson processed my order. There was a glitch caused by the pre-order so it was removed and processed as a same day sale. Everything worked out. Traded my two Notes (original Note phone) for two new Note 4s. I got $400 in gift cards plus the two $50 cards when I pre-ordered. Not bad for just walking up to the counter with no line.

Disregard my original post (if you read it), I'm didn't read that you bought 2 note 4s... got my hopes up though...

Last edited by a moderator:

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

I was told that my off contract purchase held a 45 day return window by two reps. They said if it was on contract, it'd be 14 days.

Interesting! I'll have to ask about that again then... when I preordered my Verizon note 4, I told them it was off contract and asked about return policy for being elite plus, they said 14 days, but he may not have been in the loop since they don't really deal with full price buyers very much.

my3poos

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site

I had a great experience with best buy in Louisville, KY. They called me The night before, scheduled an appt for me and even had my zaag glass screen protector installed when I got there to pick up my phone!!

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I had a great experience with best buy in Louisville, KY. They called me The night before, scheduled an appt for me and even had my zaag glass screen protector installed when I got there to pick up my phone!!

That's what my BB should have done so I wouldn't had to have waited an hour to get waited on.

Mike Sjaarda

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

Verizon folks that pre-ordered at Best Buy, Who is ready for their email?

Sounds like people who pre-ordered through VZW are seeing shipping confirmations. Lets hope we are done with delays!

tartrate

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Verizon folks that pre-ordered at Best Buy, Who is ready for their email?

Sounds like people who pre-ordered through VZW are seeing shipping confirmations. Lets hope we are done with delays!

Yeah I'm with you here. If VZ people are seeing delivery dates before Thursday, surely our phones should be ready for pick-up at BB by Thursday?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I hope you guys pre ordered early. There are some ppl on AT&T and Sprint that ordered from BB that still don't have their phones because the stores did not receive enough. I am not happy with how this release went even though I have my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey