Note 4 - How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

Krome Dome

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 4 How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

Verizon folks that pre-ordered at Best Buy, Who is ready for their email?

Sounds like people who pre-ordered through VZW are seeing shipping confirmations. Lets hope we are done with delays!

I'm more than ready... But after reading all the posts on BB forums I'm getting nervous.

Crossing my fingers that everything goes smooth on Thurs at my BB.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mike Sjaarda

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

I'm more than ready... But after reading all the posts on BB forums I'm getting nervous.

Crossing my fingers that everything goes smooth on Thurs at my BB.

I am nervous as well. I am at a small store and pre ordered in 9/25 in white. Fingers crossed.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Best Buy sent me an email saying they canceled my pre order. Funny thing was, I read the email on my Note 4 that I picked up on Friday at Best Buy.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I hope you guys pre ordered early. There are some ppl on AT&T and Sprint that ordered from BB that still don't have their phones because the stores did not receive enough. I am not happy with how this release went even though I have my phone.
I agree. Seems like Samsung underestimated the demand for the Note 4

And for those about to get it good luck. some people had awesome experiences at BB, I personally had less than pleasant experience.

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk

MrDioji

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I'm ready! I ordered on day one. I canceled my Verizon preorder since it sounded like they would start shipping on 10/23 and went to BB so I knew I could pick it up first day. I didn't want to wait through the weekend. Hope it wasn't a mistake to go the best buy route!
Everyone was shocked at BB that I was there for the Note and not the iPhone, so I think I'm first in line at my store.

Chris Lanier

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

For people who got their phones at best buy, do they have the warranties and insurance that the actual carrier would offer? I would hate to accidentally break a new phone and VZW tell me im out of luck because i bought it from best buy.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

For people who got their phones at best buy, do they have the warranties and insurance that the actual carrier would offer? I would hate to accidentally break a new phone and VZW tell me im out of luck because i bought it from best buy.

They do have insurance thru geek squad.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Best Buy sent me an email saying they canceled my pre order. Funny thing was, I read the email on my Note 4 that I picked up on Friday at Best Buy.

The same thing happened to me! I'm thinking, they just sent me an email with copies of my contract in it and now my pre order that I already received was being canceled.

Chris Lanier

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

They do have insurance thru geek squad.

No thanks. I read their insurance coverage, it barely covers anything and doesnt even mention pressure cracks. for VZW's insurance, I can sen the phone back in pieces and have a brand new one for $100

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

Samsung sells their own protection plan now on their website

tiarosi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

I've still not gotten my e-mail. I pre-ordered on 10-7, supposedly the last white one available, & was told I'd get the pickup e-mail by 10-17. Nothing. Called in the evening and went by on Sat. and was told they didn't receive all their shipments yet. I called today, Mon., same bs. (Sorry.) The reason I say that is how can they advertise on their Sunday sales flier and not have the phones for the pre-orders fulfilled yet! I wonder if they're telling walk-ins they don't have any phones yet. (Thinking about calling & asking as if I'm a new customer.)

Also, I have a question. When I pre-ordered, I was told I would have to pay the tax on the pre-order price, which is $800. Here in Union City, CA that'd be $874 total instead of tax on $299 = $327, plus the activation fee, whatever that is. About $35, maybe? Of course then I'd get the $200 off for my old HTC Evo. Still, that doesn't make sense & doesn't seem fair. Anybody out there, especially in Calif., pay the tax on the full price of the phone instead of on sale price??

As I see it, I'll end up paying $210 instead of the projected $162. If it weren't for the $200 credit off my old Evo, I wouldn't have gone through the trouble and just waited 'til it becomes available at Costco and pay $300 plus tax, free activation and free shipping, plus I get 5% off my monthly bill. Seriously thinking about cancelling my order altogether b/c I think it's a rip-off to pay taxes on $800.

Any replies would be appreciated. Thank you!

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I've still not gotten my e-mail. I pre-ordered on 10-7, supposedly the last white one available, & was told I'd get the pickup e-mail by 10-17. Nothing. Called in the evening and went by on Sat. and was told they didn't receive all their shipments yet. I called today, Mon., same bs. (Sorry.) The reason I say that is how can they advertise on their Sunday sales flier and not have the phones for the pre-orders fulfilled yet! I wonder if they're telling walk-ins they don't have any phones yet. (Thinking about calling & asking as if I'm a new customer.)

Also, I have a question. When I pre-ordered, I was told I would have to pay the tax on the pre-order price, which is $800. Here in Union City, CA that'd be $874 total instead of tax on $299 = $327, plus the activation fee, whatever that is. About $35, maybe? Of course then I'd get the $200 off for my old HTC Evo. Still, that doesn't make sense & doesn't seem fair. Anybody out there, especially in Calif., pay the tax on the full price of the phone instead of on sale price??

As I see it, I'll end up paying $210 instead of the projected $162. If it weren't for the $200 credit off my old Evo, I wouldn't have gone through the trouble and just waited 'til it becomes available at Costco and pay $300 plus tax, free activation and free shipping, plus I get 5% off my monthly bill. Seriously thinking about cancelling my order altogether b/c I think it's a rip-off to pay taxes on $800.

In the state of California we pay taxes on the full retail price of the phone, not the sale price. (I've never understood how Costco gets around this but they do) Anyways, I'm in the east bay (Dublin, CA) I preordered a Verizon note 4 from best buy on sept 23rd and was told I would get the email on 10-22 to pickup 10-23 (Verizon release day) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed

tiarosi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for the reply & clarification. I've gone through Costco for my last 2 phones. Better service & shopping experience, but the BB $200 offer was too good to pass up, which is why I couldn't even remember the activation fee amount. Guess I have to get get off my "I was spoiled" pedestal. LOL. Good luck. I hope you get your phone when you're supposed to. I'm w/Sprint. Still waiting for my e-mail.

jennifer

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

same story here, except i ordered on 10/8 (for sprint). i've called a couple of times pretending to be a regular non-preorder customer and i still was told they had none in stock. i'm sceptical that they're not selling to non-preorder customers though so i don't know what to believe. BB is so backwards!

and yeah, that whole tax thing here sucks but unfortunately there's nothing we can do. it's BS.

Posted via my old *** Galaxy S3

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

and yeah, that whole tax thing here sucks but unfortunately there's nothing we can do. it's BS.

Posted via my old *** Galaxy S3

Well actually there IS something you could do. Remember, your elected representatives work for YOU. Send 'em packing the next election cycle. While Cali seems like a lost cause to most everyone in the country, Cali residents still hold the power. Exercise that power.

erinpac

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

I agree. Seems like Samsung underestimated the demand for the Note 4

And for those about to get it good luck. some people had awesome experiences at BB, I personally had less than pleasant experience.

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk

I am not sure it's entirely Samsung. The carrier stores here all have plenty. Amazon's been going in and out of stock on the various versions, but for a while after release was showing it available for overnight delivery, so it seems they had more than enough for their pre-orders. The white AT&T one still shows available for overnight even now. Other retail stores here have plenty.

The deal would have made BB sell more pre-orders than usual, though they should have anticipated that. However, they do not even seem to have the stock they do have organized. For a while, they were still taking orders online after release, despite many people not having their phones yet. The store here also keeps selling some of its phones to walk-ins as they come in, though they haven't filled pre-orders (I haven't been quick enough to get one yet, despite my preorder). They said they were 'selling out' of preorders (and some stores stopped taking them) but it doesn't seem like they have any idea how many they are getting or when, so when they 'sold out' seems to mean nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar