Note 4 - How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

Mike Sjaarda

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 4 How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

The people who pre-ordered with att and sprint got their emails 1 day before the could pick them up. Here's hoping for an email today and pick it up tomorrow but again I am setting the bar low.

Derek Stapleton

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

Just heard from a BB rep the following concerning the Verizon Note 4 release:

" I haven't heard of any delays in the release of the Verizon version of the Note 4, nor have I heard anything that would worry me about the release on this coming Thursday 10/23/2014."

So far great news for those of us waiting for our preordered Note 4 from BB.

Posted via the Android Central App

nashi#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Costco still charges tax on the current price for the phone. Walmart is one of the few sellers that doesn't or didn't do this. Tax is calculated on the retail price of the phone, pre rebate. If the register brings up a coupon, you pay more tax. If they set the price of the phone with the rebate included you pay less tax.

peaster3

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Here's a funny update to my situation. After preordering on 10/12 and still waiting for an email, I called my BB and asked if there were any cancellations since we are past 72 hours after launch. Turns out they did have one cancellation and it was for a person who has the same name as someone I work with (BB shouldn't have told me their name). I could have been mean and just claimed the phone, but I reached out to this co-worker to see if she had preordered the Note 4. She said her boyfriend did, but BB sent them and email cancelling it so he bought an iphone from somewhere else.

I claimed the phone at BB to be picked up later today. The store clerk made it seem like he was doing me a favor by holding it for me despite the fact that I have a preorder and they were going to just sell the cancelled phone to whoever walked up. I'm pretty done with these folks.

x081967

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Let us know if you're successful in getting it, and if you traded in a phone.

I've stopped trying to check in with best buy to see if the phone is in. I get more annoyed with each contact. I'm thinking it might be a couple weeks before I get mine. I pre-ordered 10/16.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

Also when I went to BB to get my note 4, I took in a printout from the website that said headphones were included, the guy threw in a package of Samsung headphones!! Like I said my BB salesman was awesome.

AT&T still say it does on BB website, VZ does not :(

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Just heard from a BB rep the following concerning the Verizon Note 4 release:

" I haven't heard of any delays in the release of the Verizon version of the Note 4, nor have I heard anything that would worry me about the release on this coming Thursday 10/23/2014."

So far great news for those of us waiting for our preordered Note 4 from BB.

They really have no clue, they pretty much make up whatever they feel like at the moment. Better to get you off the phone/out of the store happy then to have to deal w/ someone freaking out about something they have no control/idea about.

tiarosi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Costco still charges tax on the current price for the phone. Walmart is one of the few sellers that doesn't or didn't do this. Tax is calculated on the retail price of the phone, pre rebate. If the register brings up a coupon, you pay more tax. If they set the price of the phone with the rebate included you pay less tax.

True. But Costco isn't offering it w/a rebate. I've never paid tax on $600-$800 and gotten it for, say, $200-$300. Funny/fishy thing, though, I just checked Costco's site to see if they have it available yet & the price jumped $22. Yesterday it was still $278 as when it was originally listed & today it's now $300 but still not available, "Coming soon". I am so ticked at BB especially after reading these posts because we all know walk-ins are being accommodated & being sold phones on the spot. And that's fine but not fair to all of us who took the time to pre-order. I do not have the time to camp out there just to get it. If not for the $200 off incentive I'd a cancelled my order already & waited for Costco. I called yesterday & today. Same bs answer, not all of the store's (Sprint) shipments have arrived but I will get my Note. When? I have no idea but I am so super-ticked.

peaster3

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok gang. I never got an email saying that my preorder arrived, but I did get my Note 4 due to a cancellation as I mentioned in a previous post.

When I arrived at the store, the guys had the phone put away for me with my name on it. The guy I was working with was very cool and friendly. However, when he went into their system to activate my Note and keep the same service that I currently have, it would not allow him to do it. We spent 1 1/2 hours working on this and finally AT&T had to jump in directly.

So the phone is activated and he goes to process the gift cards ($200 trade in and the additional $50 MyBB). He took my trade in (a Nokia 920 worth $15) and gave me the $200. He wasn't able to access the $50 MyBB in his system. I was going to use that to buy the S-view case, so he said he would just see if he could give me the case for free.

He called the general manager over to explain what was going on and the GM was adamant that I was just S.O.L. on the additional $50. I showed him the pics on this forum and especially the one where a user posted the invoice/receipt showing both GC's being given, but the GM wanted to argue. He finally said that he would give me the case for half price. I said ok, but told him that his approach was not necessary. I never raised my voice or mistreated any of the store personnel in any way. I stepped away for a moment because I was on the phone with AT&T making sure that my plan stayed the same. A few minutes later, the GM came over to tell me that he wanted to keep my business (I never threatened to leave) and he ended up giving me the case.

Anyway- I love the Note 4 (it's my first - I have used Galaxy S devices since the T-Mobile Vibrant) and I am excited to learn all of the cool stuff I can do with the S-Pen .

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Took about a week to get mine. From start to finish it took about 45 minutes to get everything set up and paid for. Plus I walked out with $250 in gift cards which was pretty sweet ($200 for the phone trade in and $50 for the Phone Freedom deal).

Derek Stapleton

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I received my pick-up email for a Verizon Black Note 4 that I pre-ordered on 9-24. Pick-up starts tomorrow for Verizon Note 4's and I was told by our local Samsung rep that they may not have enough of the Verizon Note 4's to meet all the pre-orders.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Do you know if i could take the BB phone and register it for insurance at VZW?

My last two VZW phones were purchased from Amazon and I signed up for VZW insurance on both of them after they were activated. No problem whatsoever.

Derek Stapleton

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Took about a week to get mine. From start to finish it took about 45 minutes to get everything set up and paid for. Plus I walked out with $250 in gift cards which was pretty sweet ($200 for the phone trade in and $50 for the Phone Freedom deal).

Is it too late to get in on the Phone Freedom deal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz