Note 4 - How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

GrassyKnoll312

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone remember the discount code for the backup battery setup from Samsung? I've searched the threads but can't seem to locate the info. Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone remember the discount code for the backup battery setup from Samsung? I've searched the threads but can't seem to locate the info. Thanks.

register your note 4 on samsung.com with a new account (or if you have a current one that works) and they email you a coupon within minutes. Ive done that at list half a dozen times with my phone addiction. 100% of the time, it works, every time.

GrassyKnoll312

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
register your note 4 on samsung.com with a new account (or if you have a current one that works) and they email you a coupon within minutes. Ive done that at list half a dozen times with my phone addiction. 100% of the time, it works, every time.

Thanks man, I'll give that a go!

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I went to Best Buy, today, to buy the Verizon N4 off contact (I have unlimited data) even though I had not pre-ordered. They said no problem and would give me a $200 gift card in exchange for my Droid X2, which they carefully checked out, even looking for dead pixels.

However, they insisted I would have to sign up for the Verizon Edge program, and they would have to activate the new phone. I could then pay Verizon monthly payments of 699/24 for 24 months. Or I could pay Verizon in full for the phone after the first month. The bummer for me was the Best Buy $200 gift card could be applied to the $56 sales tax on the $699 price of the phone, but not to the original price of the phone. The remainder on the card, of course, could be used on anything else in the store. I was disappointed that instead of getting a N4 for $499, I was going to ultimately pay $646 for the phone. The remaining $146 gift card was of no immediate use to me. Because there was nothing else at Best Buy that I anticipated needing, I decided not to buy the N4 at this time. Still, it appears Best Buy is still in some way, perhaps partly for their benefit, trying to honor the Samsung trade in promotion.

Posted via Android Central App

dehvokahn

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
After reading through all the experiences here and over on xda, I will admit I was concerned about how things were going to go, but it has, so far, been one of the better Best Buy pre-order experiences I've been through.

Hubby and I are both with Verizon, on the same account. When we pre-ordered several weeks ago, they wouldn't allow us to pre-order 2 black GN4s, and said that was a Samsung/Verizon issue and nothing Best Buy could do about it. We begged, pleaded, etc. but to no avail, their system simply wouldn't accept a second black pre-order on the same account. DH said he'd be cool with trying the white one out, and if he wasn't happy, he'd exchange it. Ok, cool, we leave with one black and one white GN4 pre-ordered.

Fast forward to today - we got the email that the black one was in and ready for pick up, but no sign of the white one. At the store, we waited in line for about 30-45 minutes before being helped (and we got in at a good time, in the five minutes after we got there, about 12 more people showed up, mostly for iPhones). Our Best Buy guy walked through the upgrade quickly, and I am the happy new owner of the black GN4. Traded in a $30 Kyocera phone for the $200 gift card without a problem.

We asked if, by any chance, there were any unclaimed black ones, since the white ones haven't come in yet. BB guy took my husband's name and phone number and said he'd be working through to next week, so if any black ones became available before the white we pre-ordered came in, he'd give us a ring. He mentioned that they only had 6 black pre-orders at the store, and may have 10 in stock, so we're keeping our fingers crossed for tomorrow or Saturday. Still not clear on why, if there were extra, we couldn't nab one today, but he was ridiculously helpful, efficient, and competent that I didn't push the issue.

Overall, it went well. Still frustrated about the white/black issue, because if we'd been able to pre-order two black ones, he'd probably have his phone too, but supposedly that's not a Best Buy restriction, so I can't say they did anything other than everything they could for us.

Derek Stapleton

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Was anyone else overcharged when they signed up for Verizon edge today? I happened to notice the paperwork and saw that they were charging me for $750 retail price with 24 monthly payments of $31.27. However, according to Verizon and Best Buy's website the edge plan should be based upon a retail price of $699.99 with 24 monthly payments of $29.17.

The BB mobile rep called Verizon and they said we were not the first ones to call about the discrepancy in price. Did anyone else have this problem and were you able to get it resolved? Thanks!

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I had to do that also, but the receipt is kind of confusing. I will find out today !!!

That is just the $50 you pd to do the pre order. They should have given you a $50 gift card after charging you when you preordered.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Was anyone else overcharged when they signed up for Verizon edge today? I happened to notice the paperwork and saw that they were charging me for $750 retail price with 24 monthly payments of $31.27. However, according to Verizon and Best Buy's website the edge plan should be based upon a retail price of $699.99 with 24 monthly payments of $29.17.

The BB mobile rep called Verizon and they said we were not the first ones to call about the discrepancy in price. Did anyone else have this problem and were you able to get it resolved? Thanks!

Not on mine, i got the right price. Everything went really smooth. Took about a 1/2 hour once it was my turn. I walked out of there w/ $300 in BB gift cards in my pocket. ($200 trade in, $50 for signing up in Feb to buy a phone this year, and $50 preorder gift card). $58 tax will be on my first bill unfortunately, wanted to burn a gift card on that.
24 payments of $4.16 and they paid me to get this phone :)

Derek Stapleton

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Not on mine, i got the right price. Everything went really smooth. Took about a 1/2 hour once it was my turn. I walked out of there w/ $300 in BB gift cards in my pocket. ($200 trade in, $50 for signing up in Feb to buy a phone this year, and $50 preorder gift card). $58 tax will be on my first bill unfortunately, wanted to burn a gift card on that.
24 payments of $4.16 and they paid me to get this phone :)

24 payments of $4.16. How did you get that? I doesn't sound right!?

skeetre

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm at BB waiting. I got them to transfer one from bb mobile in the mall to the regular store to fill preorder and get the extra $50 they extended for me till Saturday. Had a 6:30 appointment and its now 7. But... I should get my phone finally.

guitarskoota

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine was suprisingly not bad given how bad my preordering went. I went over lunch at 12:30, was 2 people ahead of me. I was in and out in about 45 minutes as well. Lady was very quiet but knew what she was doing. Unfortunatly I was losing my unlimited data, and I knew this going in to it, but I knew about the unlimited data grandfathered 6gb Max Data plan for $30, so I figured I would upgrade to the Note 4 if I could get that. She knew all about it and got me on it no problem so that was good. I have had unlimited for 3 years and never gone over 4gb at most, usually about 3gb, so I'm not worried. And I'm not spending $750 on a phone, can't afford that. I was a little worried about the tradein. I had a Droid Bionic that had a little chip in the plastic missing right next to the usb port, but perfect shape other than that. She didn't even mention it or even see it I don't think. But all in all it went well and I got my $100 Note 4! Woot.

skeetre

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Well, I finally got it! Took just over 2 hours, but I got my free headphones, extra $50 (made me buy merchandise, then took $50 off, but ok), and still have $170 something left on the gift card after trading in my old HTC Aspire that was worth $20.IMG_3236.JPGIMG_3234.JPGIMG_3233.JPG

What was weird though, the headphones came from a $59.99 slot on the shelf, rang up that price, then they marked them down to free... BUT on BestBuy's website, the same headphones are only $10. At first I was like wow, I got $60 head phones free! Then I googled 'em, and saw they're $9 at Walmart, $10 at Bestbuy. But either way, free head phones.

Philip600rr

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok experience @ best buy. Had a rookie phone guy so it took over an hour. Problems with $5.00 reward certificate. Lulz.... Data plan got jacked up so we had to call verizon to straighten out. But it's all good cause I got my note 4!

dehvokahn

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Hubby and I are both with Verizon, on the same account. When we pre-ordered several weeks ago, they wouldn't allow us to pre-order 2 black GN4s, and said that was a Samsung/Verizon issue and nothing Best Buy could do about it. We begged, pleaded, etc. but to no avail, their system simply wouldn't accept a second black pre-order on the same account. DH said he'd be cool with trying the white one out, and if he wasn't happy, he'd exchange it. Ok, cool, we leave with one black and one white GN4 pre-ordered.

We asked if, by any chance, there were any unclaimed black ones, since the white ones haven't come in yet. BB guy took my husband's name and phone number and said he'd be working through to next week, so if any black ones became available before the white we pre-ordered came in, he'd give us a ring.

Update - our Best Buy guy came through! Called me about 10 minutes ago and said he has an extra black N4 in stock, and has saved it for us. Headed down in about an hour to nab that phone for the hubby, and cancel his missing white pre-order.

Glad we'll both have the phone now, since he kept stealing mine last night to fiddle with it. :)

guitarskoota

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
What is this 6gb plan for $30? VZW?

For Verizon. It's only for Unlimited Data users though that are dropping their data. It's an "incentive" I guess. Works on any plan too. Works for me on Nationwide calling plan, and I have heard of it working on other plans too, so the Edge plan isn't required. Just ask the rep for the 6GB Max Data plan for $30 if you are wanting it, and if they don't know about it, have them call Verizon, because they apparently know about it quite well. There is also an 8GB with hotspot plan for $50 a month as well.