Note 4 - How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
So the best buy mobile store I just went to to get my at&t note 4 the assistant manager who upgraded me somehow took away my unlimited data and didn't put any data plan on the line in the end after she assured me nothing changed even after I told her I don't see any data on the line anymore. On the phone with at&t now. First and last time I upgrade at bb.....

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Well...preordered Oct. 11 and have not received any notification at all about status.
There are about 4 best buys within 20 miles of my home and this morning (24th) just happened to check online stock and sure enough one store had one available. Figured, hey, why not give it a shot.

To keep it short, they had a black one (same as what I preordered) and started unwrapping the box, transferring my phone number, and activating the new phone. Took quite a while since they were having systems issues (basically slow).
Finally got around to doing the BB trade-in and they determined my keyboard slide out Samsung phone (Amazon new for $7 ) wasn't a smartphone. Said it had to have Play store on it??? So I pulled out the $5 Chinese tracphone I got at a flea market that was about 1 year old and had Android 4.?? on it. They couldn't find it in the system and said it wouldn't qualify and I reminded them nicely the Ad says "ANY" working smartphone*. They were frustrated and super busy so the team leader told the guy to just give me the $200.00 discount. I then asked about the $50.00 BB Elite credit and they pulled out a flyer that said it ended last week? I didn't have details so couldn't argue.

So, I got my N4, in the color I wanted, with $200 coupon...and still haven't gotten my preorder. Can't wait to see when that arrives.

Don't you think BB should've checked the validity of the tradein before opening the new N4? If they would not have honored their Ad I would've left without the phone and obviously required them to reactivate my current G3.

Just my experience.

*Oh, a nice lady standing next to me was buying a iPhone 6 and she heard me say "the Ad say ANY (working off course) smartphone" not those in their system....She couldn't help herself, i guess, and loudly said "I guess BestBuy means ANY smartphone THEY approve!". I laughed and think she helped my cause.

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get the extra $50 off even though it expired last week. They had a flyer at the register and the bbm rep scanned it and deducted an additional $50.

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Went in to a local Best Buy (Southern California) and was told I could not just get one. They made me pre order even tho it's been out a week now? So we'll see when I get it. I have the $50 GC so and finally found a smartphone that shows up on their approved list. A who knows how old Samsung Galaxy S 4g. Rep told me it had to be worth more than $10 on the trade in site: https://tradein.bestbuy.com/client/#/catalog/ in order to qualify for the $200 off.

I'm off this weekend so I will check out a few other stores to see if anyone has cancelled pre orders. Hopefully I can get it in my hands sooner rather than later.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Went in to a local Best Buy (Southern California) and was told I could not just get one. They made me pre order even tho it's been out a week now? So we'll see when I get it. I have the $50 GC so and finally found a smartphone that shows up on their approved list. A who knows how old Samsung Galaxy S 4g. Rep told me it had to be worth more than $10 on the trade in site: https://tradein.bestbuy.com/client/#/catalog/ in order to qualify for the $200 off.

I'm off this weekend so I will check out a few other stores to see if anyone has cancelled pre orders. Hopefully I can get it in my hands sooner rather than later.

There's a lot of opinions on the trade in phone needing a value or not. I've been told you need minimum value of $10 and ANY phone even at zero value from the same store. What others have said on this thread is, just skip the screen, and the promo should go through? I'm not really sure how people are pushing for the BB reps to take any phone as long as it shows in their database.

Derek Stapleton

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
There's a lot of opinions on the trade in phone needing a value or not. I've been told you need minimum value of $10 and ANY phone even at zero value from the same store. What others have said on this thread is, just skip the screen, and the promo should go through? I'm not really sure how people are pushing for the BB reps to take any phone as long as it shows in their database.

I traded in a BlackBerry Curve that came up as $0 in BB trade in system. All the Mobile rep had to do was select the "RECYCLE" option and I received the $200 GC.

Posted via the Android Central App

tiarosi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I traded in a BlackBerry Curve that came up as $0 in BB trade in system. All the Mobile rep had to do was select the "RECYCLE" option and I received the $200 GC.

I finally got my N4! I traded in my old HTC Evo that I know was worthless. I actually went back to BB a couple of days after my pre-order just to make sure it would be acceptable & 2 reps assured me it would be. They stated "any working smartphone" and that as long as it powered up. That's what the ad says. So I think maybe Zergslayer69 should argue that point.

No wait in line at all but the whole process took about 1 hr. 40 mins. It was worth it, though. I had an old, old plan w/16 Gb of data which I was only using about a 5th of so the rep changed my plan to actually save me about $12+ a month, she gave me a $5 discount on the S-View Cover (which I quickly am not wild about), applied the Glass Invisible Shield for me and, lastly, transferred all my contacts, picts & such from my Galaxy S3. So that's why it took so long. I didn't mind. I was watching WS Game 3 on a big screen TV while I waited for the latter! Cool!

The only thing I forgot, dang it, was to ask for the $50 offer that expired last week! That would've paid for the S-View Cover. I may return it because it's kind of difficult to take off & put back on. (I take the flip cover off my phone when I get home; only like to use it when I'm out & about.) Also, mine came w/headphones. They were in the box.

All in all I had a good experience despite the fact I was angry for having had to wait an extra week to get it. The rep was very knowledgeable, professional & careful she did everything correctly and I was thankful for that. I'm a happy camper now!

Last edited:

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
My experience was as well. The only wrinkle was that I was stealing an upgrade from one of my other lines so they wouldn't let me upgrade to the edge program. Took about 40 minutes or so.

pbdc13

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Finally got the email yesterday and picked it up.
Tried to trade in my Palm Pre, but there were small cracks on the side so they said no. Pulled out my old Motorola Photon which they took.
Got another $10 off from a best buy email offer i received earlier this week.

Only glitch was that the sprint activation server was down so I kept getting an activation not complete message, though I could use the phone. I guess the server came back on line later that night because the activation finally completed.

It came with earbuds.

Got a free travel coffee mug that said Samsung Galaxy on it too!

Last edited:

manjil

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
i'm still waiting to hear from BB in NYC for the White Verizon Note 4 pre-order.. ugh, so frustrating.

anyone in NYC receive the WHITE one on Verizon already? Any ETA?

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my Note 4!

So the best buy peeps were great. Took my old iPhone 3G and turned it into $200. First, I hated that they automatically shut off my old phone, so had to activate the note 4. I wish I could have activated the sim when I was ready (have my screen protector, case, etc).

So I had to take the sim and out it into my Note 3. Anyway...

They told me the hold up was because Samsung is sending phones to carriers, and carriers have to send them to best buy. She said the carriers are slowing it down... (maybe, maybe not). That's why they come packaged in a carrier box and not the Samsung box.

She said, normally Samsung would send phones right to best buy, but for some reason, they are doing it this way...

Well my waits over, time to get on the accessories train and load up my apps. Hope to be in full swing by next week. We will see if i miss root. If I do, I'll be selling this and buying a T-Mobile version outright.

Pat P 413

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Was anyone else overcharged when they signed up for Verizon edge today? I happened to notice the paperwork and saw that they were charging me for $750 retail price with 24 monthly payments of $31.27. However, according to Verizon and Best Buy's website the edge plan should be based upon a retail price of $699.99 with 24 monthly payments of $29.17.

The BB mobile rep called Verizon and they said we were not the first ones to call about the discrepancy in price. Did anyone else have this problem and were you able to get it resolved? Thanks!

This happened to me too!! My final amount was 750, not 700, BUT when BB charged me just the tax for signing up for verizon edgo, it came to $49 bucks ( NJ - 7%). So you get $49 as an amount if the item you are buying is 700 dollars, NOT 750, so BB is doing SOMETHING FISHY with charging customers $50 EXTRA UNTAXED dollars!

Were you able to make any progress regarding getting that extra 50 bucks back?

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me too!! My final amount was 750, not 700, BUT when BB charged me just the tax for signing up for verizon edgo, it came to $49 bucks ( NJ - 7%). So you get $49 as an amount if the item you are buying is 700 dollars, NOT 750, so BB is doing SOMETHING FISHY with charging customers $50 EXTRA UNTAXED dollars!

Were you able to make any progress regarding getting that extra 50 bucks back?

I noticed that they changed the price a week before release day and then had them correct it when I bought it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12