Air Command not working on hover (bug?)

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the AT&T version, and the air commands will not work via hover while pressing the button. The setting is "ON" by default, and I left it that way... nothing. So I did a factory reset, started completely clean... still nothing. Verified the setting, its ON... toggled the setting, still nadda... rebooted, shut down, toggled the setting, pulled the battery, etc, etc.. still nothing.

Tried it with my Note 2 pen (to make sure it was not a bad pen... same thing, everything worked except air command.

As an aside, there is not application link to action memo either. You have to go via the air command menu to get to it... kinda wierd. Maybe a bug? Anyone else having this issue?

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
OK I feel a bit stupid...

To be fair, on my Note 2 (running DittoNote3 ROM) it worked great by holding the button until it popped up... and I did a factory reset for nothing, O well. Thanks for the help!

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.. I deserved that... however, I am very pleased that I did the factory reset. I have found that I play with a phone for a while (few hours, etc) figuring it out... then I do a factory reset and set it up the "final" way based on what I learned from the playing around.

k4ever

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
OK I feel a bit stupid...

To be fair, on my Note 2 (running DittoNote3 ROM) it worked great by holding the button until it popped up... and I did a factory reset for nothing, O well. Thanks for the help!
Don't feel stupid. I had the same thing happen to me. I upgraded from a Note 3 and I spent over an hour trying to find the Action Memo application. I found out it was merged with S Note. I also thought Air Command was broken because I held in the button on the pen (just like on the Note 3) instead off tapping and releasing.

I don't really like some of the changes to Action Memo Samsung made (I love the Note 4 overall!). I'm about to start a thread asking for help exporting my Action Memos from the Note 3 to the Note 4. I haven't figured out a good way to do that yet.

Nhel Amolo

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello ... Just go to Accesibility then vission and turn off switch access and then go back to air command settings ,turn on air command ..

shaiba1711

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
first of all i've been struggling with that problem like 4 ever ... searched allover the internet and no use at all ....
finally you came up with my salvation .... thank you very much .... it feels good to have my s pen back ...
:)

Ajay Vijayan

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I have the AT&T version, and the air commands will not work via hover while pressing the button. The setting is "ON" by default, and I left it that way... nothing. So I did a factory reset, started completely clean... still nothing. Verified the setting, its ON... toggled the setting, still nadda... rebooted, shut down, toggled the setting, pulled the battery, etc, etc.. still nothing.

Tried it with my Note 2 pen (to make sure it was not a bad pen... same thing, everything worked except air command.

As an aside, there is not application link to action memo either. You have to go via the air command menu to get to it... kinda wierd. Maybe a bug? Anyone else having this issue?

hardikkumar1987

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
https://youtu.be/X5A4J1OhnOg
I face this issue and if you also have then watch this video to fix your air command is not working issue in your Samsung galaxy note 4 or samsung galaxy note 5. this method works but not all the time so be sure you update the software with the latest marshmallow update and then follow the given steps in the video. it may be possible that you will not get success in one go so make sure to try as many time as possible and it will start working. It is for sure a software issue and some of the function are the cause to stop the functionality of Air command option in samsung galaxy note 4 or 5 or may be 7. I hope this video will be helpful to you.

hardikkumar1987

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
https://youtu.be/X5A4J1OhnOg
I face this issue and if you also have then watch this video to fix your air command is not working issue in your Samsung galaxy note 4 or samsung galaxy note 5. this method works but not all the time so be sure you update the software with the latest marshmallow update and then follow the given steps in the video. it may be possible that you will not get success in one go so make sure to try as many time as possible and it will start working. It is for sure a software issue and some of the function are the cause to stop the functionality of Air command option in samsung galaxy note 4 or 5 or may be 7. I hope this video will be helpful to you.