Note 4 Wi-Fi reception strength?

iSpark

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed if your wifi signal strength while connected being bad or not to good?

I have a iPhone 5s, iPhone 4s, GS5, GS3, and other older phones that still work, and their strength always seem to be at least full to half signal.

The N4 is only full bar wifi strength when I'm in close proximity to the router/AP ( I have 3 for whole house coverage.) If I go beyond 30 to 40 feet from any point, it drops to no bars on the wifi signal strength and switches to cell data.

This is my only issue so far with the N4, the wifi signal strength is very weak.

George H Martin

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Try turning off Smart Network Switch. Settings>Wi-Fi> Untick check box for Smart Network Switch

This will stop the handset switching back mobile data when Wi-Fi signal is weak.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Try turning off Smart Network Switch. Settings>Wi-Fi> Untick check box for Smart Network Switch

This will stop the handset switching back mobile data when Wi-Fi signal is weak.

This may help you.

I am still getting full bars of wifi all around my house... I do have a really good router that has awesome range so that helps.. But so far I'm not noticing anything different than my Note 3.

Attachments

• 1413465637993.jpg
    1413465637993.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 107

George H Martin

May 14, 2014
Visit site
This may help you.

I am still getting full bars of wifi all around my house... I do have a really good router that has awesome range so that helps.. But so far I'm not noticing anything different than my Note 3.

WTH??? Taking credit for my previous post by screen-shotting it, re-posting it and then agreeing with it. Not cool, man.

Last edited:

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
This may help you.

Random question but what app are you using?? Looks so cool! Lol

Posted via Android Central App

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
WTH??? Taking credit for my previous post by screen-shotting it, re-posting it and then agreeing with it. Not cool, man.

Dude simmer down. He quoted you above and said "This may help". The purpose of his screenshot was to show he had full wifi reception.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

What? I was reading your post and snapped a screenshot to show you my wifi strength... Then I quoted what you said and told the OP this may help... As in your suggestion may help him. I wasn't taking credit or claiming anything ? :?.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Everyone please calm down. The point of the forum is for everyone to share information. I have had people take what I said and repeat it. I am sure many people have. No big deal. Likewise, I repeat what others have posted, if I see that it is good information.

Also, this was discussed in the Note 3 Forums a long time ago too. So it isn't something new.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

iSpark

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I can turn off the "smart switch" feature, but the reception strength (on distance from router) is still poor on the N4. It seems like the N4 is just weak or something on the wifi side of things.
All the other devices I have floating around the house are good. :-\
I'll get some pics showing the strength side by side on a few devices later today.

kludger

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
It could also be that the iphone wifi signal display UI is less accurate, I know on my iphone4 and ipad2 it will often show strong signal where when I check the signal strength in dB it is not a strong signal and doesn't show as strong on my PSVita.

I've always suspected different manufacturer UIs have different scales for bars and that Apple just shows a more optimistic scale than my PSVita, when my Note 4 arrives today I will be able to confirm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae