12-25-2014 12:33 AM
44 12
tools
    The OP implies that rooting will make it impossible to upgrade to Lollipop when ever it is released. I'm confused.
    10-16-2014 02:34 PM
    but I'm big into tasker
    This alone is worth rooting. Your other reasons are good too, but good god Tasker is awesome.
    10-16-2014 02:38 PM
    I rooted last night and it's one of the best things I've done!
    10-16-2014 10:00 PM
    If I have been understanding previous posts on this topic correctly us Verizon and also the AT&T customers are going to have to wait for developer workarounds to root out phones. Do I have that correct at least for the Verizon versions?
    10-16-2014 10:09 PM
    I rooted last night and it's one of the best things I've done!
    What carrier?
    10-16-2014 10:14 PM
    What carrier?
    tmobile has root already

Sent from my One A0001 using Tapatalk 2
    10-16-2014 10:31 PM
    If I have been understanding previous posts on this topic correctly us Verizon and also the AT&T customers are going to have to wait for developer workarounds to root out phones. Do I have that correct at least for the Verizon versions?
    Exactly right. Could take a while.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-16-2014 11:25 PM
    The OP implies that rooting will make it impossible to upgrade to Lollipop when ever it is released. I'm confused.
    Im going to root just because tasker and be able to use my moto 360 along with it, but anyone knows if this is true????
    10-19-2014 07:01 PM
    Im going to root just because tasker and be able to use my moto 360 along with it, but anyone knows if this is true????
    Probably not. You may need to unroot first, which should be easy, and then upgrade to 5.0. Then, in theory, wait for someone to figure out how to root again, and then reroot.
    10-19-2014 07:22 PM
    I don't plan on rooting since I screwed it up with the Note 3. That and the only reason I would want to root is for FoxFi which is pointless with no unlimited data.
    10-19-2014 07:32 PM
    What carrier?
    Tmobile!
    10-19-2014 08:44 PM
    Wait for lollipop
    The likelihood of any non-bootloader unlocked device attaining root on lollipop is highly improbable and more likely than not, will not occur. It's not impossible, but highly improbable due to the way Google has finally locked down it's OS to close serious security vulnerabilities that, as of today, makes Android the least secure OS on the market with very little protection for the end user from malware and malicious code.

If you want root going forward, you need to buy a bootloader unlocked phone, such as the Nexus 6 [NX6], which is the first hot-swappable phone you can use on Verizon one month and AT&T the next. I'm not going to go into why root on Android 5.0 ]Lollipop] will likely not occur, as I've made this same point on numerous threads, so if you want to know, look up ChainFire's post on Google+ around the 18th of October and the one he made a week prior which give users an adequate and highly technical explanation as to why rooting non-bootloader unlocked devices on Android 5.0 and beyond is probably a thing of the past and will not occur.

Again, I cannot stress this enough... If you want root and it is important to you, you need to buy a bootloader unlocked device (the Nexus 6 is your best bet as root will occur as soon as ChainFire receives a few files from it). If you do not, you have a 99.99% chance of remaining unrooted on Android 5.0+ until you buy a bootloader unlocked device.
    10-26-2014 06:00 PM
    My opinion is that unless you have something specific you want to do that requires root, don't root. I used to root all my phones since the touch pro 2 days, but stopped doing that with the note 3 and now the note 4. My unrooted phone can do everything I want to do. I also don't have the time to fix my phone anymore when something becomes borked. That is something I used to enjoy though... :-)
    10-26-2014 06:12 PM
    My opinion is that unless you have something specific you want to do that requires root, don't root. I used to root all my phones since the touch pro 2 days, but stopped doing that with the note 3 and now the note 4. My unrooted phone can do everything I want to do. I also don't have the time to fix my phone anymore when something becomes borked. That is something I used to enjoy though... :-)
    I just hate that at&t uses carrier iq. With root, I can disable it.
    10-26-2014 08:58 PM
    The likelihood of any non-bootloader unlocked device attaining root on lollipop is highly improbable and more likely than not, will not occur. It's not impossible, but highly improbable due to the way Google has finally locked down it's OS to close serious security vulnerabilities that, as of today, makes Android the least secure OS on the market with very little protection for the end user from malware and malicious code.

If you want root going forward, you need to buy a bootloader unlocked phone, such as the Nexus 6 [NX6], which is the first hot-swappable phone you can use on Verizon one month and AT&T the next. I'm not going to go into why root on Android 5.0 ]Lollipop] will likely not occur, as I've made this same point on numerous threads, so if you want to know, look up ChainFire's post on Google+ around the 18th of October and the one he made a week prior which give users an adequate and highly technical explanation as to why rooting non-bootloader unlocked devices on Android 5.0 and beyond is probably a thing of the past and will not occur.

Again, I cannot stress this enough... If you want root and it is important to you, you need to buy a bootloader unlocked device (the Nexus 6 is your best bet as root will occur as soon as ChainFire receives a few files from it). If you do not, you have a 99.99% chance of remaining unrooted on Android 5.0+ until you buy a bootloader unlocked device.
    There are multiple bootloader unlocked Note 4 models. No need to deprive yourself of all the Note features with a Nexus.
    10-26-2014 09:36 PM
    There are, however unlocking the bootloader of a Note 4 has a major con... you are no longer eligible to receive OTAs and any newer firmware that may be released (such as Android 5 [Lollipop] when it becomes available). Once you flash an OEM firmware file on a bootloader unlocked Samsung device, you immediately lose your unlocked bootloader and Samsung will not release another certificate so it can be unlocked. In other words, your stuck with a locked bootloader on your unlockable bootloader device.
    11-16-2014 09:46 AM
    Why not go to manage apps and disable the bloat. Check on xda for a list of safe apps to disable.. You can always go back to manage apps / disabled apps and enable them.
    12-16-2014 11:10 AM
    There are, however unlocking the bootloader of a Note 4 has a major con... you are no longer eligible to receive OTAs and any newer firmware that may be released (such as Android 5 [Lollipop] when it becomes available). Once you flash an OEM firmware file on a bootloader unlocked Samsung device, you immediately lose your unlocked bootloader and Samsung will not release another certificate so it can be unlocked. In other words, your stuck with a locked bootloader on your unlockable bootloader device.
    As I've said before, root the Note 4 and then drive yourself insane trying to find a way to put the Knox flag back to valid. It isn't possible. Apparently some people have managed to get their phones fixed despite the tripped flag but why give yourself the grief. If you like to tinker you're better off just buying a Nexus or using a launcher.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-16-2014 06:56 PM
    I really loved having my S4 rooted, but Im scared with all the new updates they have done to prevent it. I recently upgraded to NOTE 4 (3days ago) and am trying to adjust but it is so slow with all the additional crap running in the back ground? Is there anyway to prevent tripping knox (leased phone with sprint)
    12-25-2014 12:33 AM
44 12