Note 4 Root or not root

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
While we are waiting for the upgrade of android L my question is, will you root your note4 right now or wait for L to come out and then root?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Root or not root

What is the benefit of rooting with these new phones? I rooted my G3 and the only thing it did was cause a huge delay on the home button.

tarpon6

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

What is the benefit of rooting with these new phones? I rooted my G3 and the only thing it did was cause a huge delay on the home button.

Why did you root then? If you aren't going to explore all that you can do with a rooted phone you shouldn't do it. Wireless Tether, move more stuff to sd card, disable / remove bloatware, use apps that require root are just a few benefits. If you have to ask, don't..

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Why did you root then? If you aren't going to explore all that you can do with a rooted phone you shouldn't do it. Wireless Tether, move more stuff to sd card, disable / remove bloatware, use apps that require root are just a few benefits. If you have to ask, don't..
Everyone starting out has to ask. Osmosis isn't a reliable source of education. I rooted my G3 thinking I would do those things but it caused serious issues before I adjusted or moved anything so I quit messing around with it. I have read a couple of things where people who used to root their devices now say there is not much point so I was asking for opinions.

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

If you want to use multiwindow how it should be used (allowing all apps an equal shot at sharing the screen with another app), then rooting will help! I root all my devices, but I'm big into tasker and secure settings and titanium backup and greenify and last but certainly not least, xposed framework. Once you get used to the functionality of what root can offer, unrooted android phones feel like an iPhone in comparison (and yes, I do have an iPhone as well, so to me the comparison makes sense, I'm not just blowing air out a hole). My $0.02...

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Why not root now, enjoy your rooted phone for the 5-6 months until lollipop comes out to the note 4, then just flash stock root lollipop to your phone? No real advantage in waiting...

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

While we are waiting for the upgrade of android L my question is, will you root your note4 right now or wait for L to come out and then root?

Why not root now, enjoy your rooted phone for the 5-6 months until lollipop comes out to the note 4, then just flash stock root lollipop to your phone? No real advantage in waiting... sorry for the double post, I though I responded with quotes the first time...

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I want to root but I'm scared lol. Don't really need custom rom just want my titanium backup and remove bloat.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I am debating root.. There is really only one reason I want to root.... I hate that hangouts is using the Samsung emoji. They look so stupid... I'd rather use Google's emoji :(.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

Note 3 was the first phone that I did not root. I did not feel the need to. I don't think I will root Note 4 either.

But I don't think I will use Touchwiz Launcher. I have always used a third party launcher. I try different launchers but keep coming back to Nova.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

I will root to remove Carrier iq and some of the bloat; and install titanium backup and greenify.

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I know that is an individual decision and the reason I want to root is to use tasker, remove the boatload, possible change the dns and more stuff, I guess I'll do it now and upgrade to lollipop and then return root

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Root. But it should be worth noting that the AT&T and Verizon versions can't be rooted with the methods available right now due to their locked boot loader. A new exploit well need to be found for those.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Root. But it should be worth noting that the AT&T and Verizon versions can't be rooted with the methods available right now due to their locked boot loader. A new exploit well need to be found for those.

I was going to hold off using the phone until an exploit is found, but that may be a while....

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

If you want to use multiwindow how it should be used (allowing all apps an equal shot at sharing the screen with another app), then rooting will help! I root all my devices, but I'm big into tasker and secure settings and titanium backup and greenify and last but certainly not least, xposed framework. Once you get used to the functionality of what root can offer, unrooted android phones feel like an iPhone in comparison (and yes, I do have an iPhone as well, so to me the comparison makes sense, I'm not just blowing air out a hole). My $0.02...
That's not a comparison really.... An un rooted android phone isn't the same as an iPhone and an outright lie pretty much.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I will root to remove Carrier iq and some of the bloat; and install titanium backup and greenify.
I think carrier iq is only on t-mobile versions. I know all my AT&T Samsung devices never had it. And verizon said no on any of them I think

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar