Note 4 Root or not root

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Root or not root

I can for sure tell you att note 3s have it. I had to root so that I could disable it.
fb8ac6fb6e00b6ab65e11da5f131a1eb.jpg

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

That's not a comparison really.... An un rooted android phone isn't the same as an iPhone and an outright lie pretty much.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I guess I was trying to say that overall experience jump (customizability) from an iPhone to a nonrooted android phone is similar to the jump from a nonrooted android phone to a rooted android phone.... not that unrooted android phones and iPhones are identical in user experience.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

If I have been understanding previous posts on this topic correctly us Verizon and also the AT&T customers are going to have to wait for developer workarounds to root out phones. Do I have that correct at least for the Verizon versions?

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

If I have been understanding previous posts on this topic correctly us Verizon and also the AT&T customers are going to have to wait for developer workarounds to root out phones. Do I have that correct at least for the Verizon versions?

Exactly right. Could take a while.

Posted via Android Central App

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Im going to root just because tasker and be able to use my moto 360 along with it, but anyone knows if this is true????
Probably not. You may need to unroot first, which should be easy, and then upgrade to 5.0. Then, in theory, wait for someone to figure out how to root again, and then reroot.

anon(3012187)

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

I don't plan on rooting since I screwed it up with the Note 3. That and the only reason I would want to root is for FoxFi which is pointless with no unlimited data.

JW0914

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

Wait for lollipop

The likelihood of any non-bootloader unlocked device attaining root on lollipop is highly improbable and more likely than not, will not occur. It's not impossible, but highly improbable due to the way Google has finally locked down it's OS to close serious security vulnerabilities that, as of today, makes Android the least secure OS on the market with very little protection for the end user from malware and malicious code.

If you want root going forward, you need to buy a bootloader unlocked phone, such as the Nexus 6 [NX6], which is the first hot-swappable phone you can use on Verizon one month and AT&T the next. I'm not going to go into why root on Android 5.0 ]Lollipop] will likely not occur, as I've made this same point on numerous threads, so if you want to know, look up ChainFire's post on Google+ around the 18th of October and the one he made a week prior which give users an adequate and highly technical explanation as to why rooting non-bootloader unlocked devices on Android 5.0 and beyond is probably a thing of the past and will not occur.

Again, I cannot stress this enough... If you want root and it is important to you, you need to buy a bootloader unlocked device (the Nexus 6 is your best bet as root will occur as soon as ChainFire receives a few files from it). If you do not, you have a 99.99% chance of remaining unrooted on Android 5.0+ until you buy a bootloader unlocked device.

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
My opinion is that unless you have something specific you want to do that requires root, don't root. I used to root all my phones since the touch pro 2 days, but stopped doing that with the note 3 and now the note 4. My unrooted phone can do everything I want to do. I also don't have the time to fix my phone anymore when something becomes borked. That is something I used to enjoy though... :)

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
My opinion is that unless you have something specific you want to do that requires root, don't root. I used to root all my phones since the touch pro 2 days, but stopped doing that with the note 3 and now the note 4. My unrooted phone can do everything I want to do. I also don't have the time to fix my phone anymore when something becomes borked. That is something I used to enjoy though... :)
I just hate that at&t uses carrier iq. With root, I can disable it.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

The likelihood of any non-bootloader unlocked device attaining root on lollipop is highly improbable and more likely than not, will not occur. It's not impossible, but highly improbable due to the way Google has finally locked down it's OS to close serious security vulnerabilities that, as of today, makes Android the least secure OS on the market with very little protection for the end user from malware and malicious code.

If you want root going forward, you need to buy a bootloader unlocked phone, such as the Nexus 6 [NX6], which is the first hot-swappable phone you can use on Verizon one month and AT&T the next. I'm not going to go into why root on Android 5.0 ]Lollipop] will likely not occur, as I've made this same point on numerous threads, so if you want to know, look up ChainFire's post on Google+ around the 18th of October and the one he made a week prior which give users an adequate and highly technical explanation as to why rooting non-bootloader unlocked devices on Android 5.0 and beyond is probably a thing of the past and will not occur.

Again, I cannot stress this enough... If you want root and it is important to you, you need to buy a bootloader unlocked device (the Nexus 6 is your best bet as root will occur as soon as ChainFire receives a few files from it). If you do not, you have a 99.99% chance of remaining unrooted on Android 5.0+ until you buy a bootloader unlocked device.

There are multiple bootloader unlocked Note 4 models. No need to deprive yourself of all the Note features with a Nexus.