12-25-2014 01:33 AM
44 12
tools
    While we are waiting for the upgrade of android L my question is, will you root your note4 right now or wait for L to come out and then root?
    10-16-2014 08:28 AM
    Wait for lollipop
    10-16-2014 08:33 AM
    What is the benefit of rooting with these new phones? I rooted my G3 and the only thing it did was cause a huge delay on the home button.
    10-16-2014 08:36 AM
    What is the benefit of rooting with these new phones? I rooted my G3 and the only thing it did was cause a huge delay on the home button.
    Why did you root then? If you aren't going to explore all that you can do with a rooted phone you shouldn't do it. Wireless Tether, move more stuff to sd card, disable / remove bloatware, use apps that require root are just a few benefits. If you have to ask, don't..
    Muffdawg69 likes this.
    10-16-2014 08:57 AM
    Why did you root then? If you aren't going to explore all that you can do with a rooted phone you shouldn't do it. Wireless Tether, move more stuff to sd card, disable / remove bloatware, use apps that require root are just a few benefits. If you have to ask, don't..
    Everyone starting out has to ask. Osmosis isn't a reliable source of education. I rooted my G3 thinking I would do those things but it caused serious issues before I adjusted or moved anything so I quit messing around with it. I have read a couple of things where people who used to root their devices now say there is not much point so I was asking for opinions.
    10-16-2014 09:14 AM
    If you want to use multiwindow how it should be used (allowing all apps an equal shot at sharing the screen with another app), then rooting will help! I root all my devices, but I'm big into tasker and secure settings and titanium backup and greenify and last but certainly not least, xposed framework. Once you get used to the functionality of what root can offer, unrooted android phones feel like an iPhone in comparison (and yes, I do have an iPhone as well, so to me the comparison makes sense, I'm not just blowing air out a hole). My $0.02...
    bassplayrguy and Gr8c3ful1 like this.
    10-16-2014 09:51 AM
    Why not root now, enjoy your rooted phone for the 5-6 months until lollipop comes out to the note 4, then just flash stock root lollipop to your phone? No real advantage in waiting...
    10-16-2014 09:53 AM
    While we are waiting for the upgrade of android L my question is, will you root your note4 right now or wait for L to come out and then root?
    Why not root now, enjoy your rooted phone for the 5-6 months until lollipop comes out to the note 4, then just flash stock root lollipop to your phone? No real advantage in waiting... sorry for the double post, I though I responded with quotes the first time...
    10-16-2014 09:55 AM
    I want to root but I'm scared lol. Don't really need custom rom just want my titanium backup and remove bloat.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-16-2014 10:02 AM
    I am debating root.. There is really only one reason I want to root.... I hate that hangouts is using the Samsung emoji. They look so stupid... I'd rather use Google's emoji .
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    10-16-2014 10:21 AM
    How easy is it to do a basic root to remove bloatware? How high is the risk?
    10-16-2014 10:43 AM
    Note 3 was the first phone that I did not root. I did not feel the need to. I don't think I will root Note 4 either.

But I don't think I will use Touchwiz Launcher. I have always used a third party launcher. I try different launchers but keep coming back to Nova.
    DreamSTi likes this.
    10-16-2014 10:49 AM
    I will root to remove Carrier iq and some of the bloat; and install titanium backup and greenify.
    10-16-2014 10:53 AM
    How easy is it to do a basic root to remove bloatware? How high is the risk?
    Right now, high. Hopefully not for long. Depends on what methods people create. Keep an eye out for future development.
    Jeff Ouellette1 likes this.
    10-16-2014 10:54 AM
    I know that is an individual decision and the reason I want to root is to use tasker, remove the boatload, possible change the dns and more stuff, I guess I'll do it now and upgrade to lollipop and then return root
    10-16-2014 12:09 PM
    Root. But it should be worth noting that the AT&T and Verizon versions can't be rooted with the methods available right now due to their locked boot loader. A new exploit well need to be found for those.

10-16-2014 12:50 PM
    Root. But it should be worth noting that the AT&T and Verizon versions can't be rooted with the methods available right now due to their locked boot loader. A new exploit well need to be found for those.

I was going to hold off using the phone until an exploit is found, but that may be a while....
    10-16-2014 01:08 PM
    If you want to use multiwindow how it should be used (allowing all apps an equal shot at sharing the screen with another app), then rooting will help! I root all my devices, but I'm big into tasker and secure settings and titanium backup and greenify and last but certainly not least, xposed framework. Once you get used to the functionality of what root can offer, unrooted android phones feel like an iPhone in comparison (and yes, I do have an iPhone as well, so to me the comparison makes sense, I'm not just blowing air out a hole). My $0.02...
    That's not a comparison really.... An un rooted android phone isn't the same as an iPhone and an outright lie pretty much.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-16-2014 01:29 PM
    I will root to remove Carrier iq and some of the bloat; and install titanium backup and greenify.
    I think carrier iq is only on t-mobile versions. I know all my AT&T Samsung devices never had it. And verizon said no on any of them I think

10-16-2014 01:31 PM
    I think carrier iq is only on t-mobile versions. I know all my AT&T Samsung devices never had it. And verizon said no on any of them I think

AT&T Samsung phones have had it in the past .. not many but it has been there --- Samsung: 25 million phones with Carrier IQ; other devices have 'dormant' code | Android Central
    10-16-2014 01:34 PM
    AT&T Samsung phones have had it in the past .. not many but it has been there --- Samsung: 25 million phones with Carrier IQ; other devices have 'dormant' code | Android Central
    My s2 skyrocket, s3 and s4 didn't have it on AT&T

10-16-2014 01:35 PM
    My s2 skyrocket, s3 and s4 didn't have it on AT&T

I can't really say since I haven't had those phones but Samsung is the one that actually confirmed it in that article.
    10-16-2014 01:38 PM
    I can for sure tell you att note 3s have it. I had to root so that I could disable it.
    Almeuit likes this.
    10-16-2014 01:42 PM
    I was going to hold off using the phone until an exploit is found, but that may be a while....
    Exactly right. Could be weeks, likely months. Bummer.

10-16-2014 01:52 PM
    That's not a comparison really.... An un rooted android phone isn't the same as an iPhone and an outright lie pretty much.

I guess I was trying to say that overall experience jump (customizability) from an iPhone to a nonrooted android phone is similar to the jump from a nonrooted android phone to a rooted android phone.... not that unrooted android phones and iPhones are identical in user experience.
    10-16-2014 02:51 PM
44 12