04-21-2015 09:56 AM
448 ... 161718
tools
    Can anyone explain the new battery stats on lollipop to me? I don't get it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info-screenshot_2015-04-01-05-48-27.jpg  
    04-01-2015 05:53 AM
    Guys, really need help here, first time android user. Somehow after update to Lollipop, exchange service is killing the battery.
    See this, does it look normal to you?

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info-screenshot_2015-04-01-09-08-01.jpg  
    04-01-2015 09:52 AM
    wow. how do you guys manage to get your screen to use just 14-16% of your battery? mine used 47-51%
    04-02-2015 03:01 AM
    Guys, really need help here, first time android user. Somehow after update to Lollipop, exchange service is killing the battery.
    See this, does it look normal to you?

Looks like your Exchange Services is running too much, do a search for that on the boards. I think I remember seeing somewhere that the Exchange thing can drain battery
    04-02-2015 11:43 AM
    So here's an interesting twist. Just got my spare OEM battery with charger case. My first use of my new battery gave me almost an hour and a half extra screen on time!

So here's my question for those getting 5 hours or more SOT: do you guys use fast charging? If so, how often do you use it/have it on?
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info-1428045352730.jpg  
    04-03-2015 02:17 AM
    So my day was somewhat calm only played clash of clans to collect reasorces other than that i surfed the fourms watched some videos downloaded some stuff and got around 8 hours of nonstop use while 4 being idle/sleep the graph shows that my charge lasted from 10am to 10 pm so umm yea dont worry about the rest i charged to 50 percent last night because i had to go out.

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info-screenshot_2015-04-03-08-46-09.jpg  
    04-03-2015 07:57 AM
    Dont use fast charging unless you need to i heard it damages your battery thus giving you bad battery life later on.

04-03-2015 08:00 AM
    Dont use fast charging unless you need to i heard it damages your battery thus giving you bad battery life later on.

I dont know, i always use fast charging and so far my battery life is ok (maybe). Anyway can someone comment on my battery life? i wanna know if its decent enough.

see attachment as i can't post link yet 😅

as far i can remember
    wifi is on all the time
    auto brightness on
    bluetooth is connected to wireless headset
    power saving on
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info-1428073972511.jpg   Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info-1428073987750.jpg  
    04-03-2015 10:13 AM
    I dont know, i always use fast charging and so far my battery life is ok (maybe). Anyway can someone comment on my battery life? i wanna know if its decent enough.

as far i can remember
    wifi is on all the time
    auto brightness on
    power saving on
    That battery life is phenomenal if it's accurate! The readings only reset after you charge it to 90% or more. Also, partially charging it during will affect the readings too. How long have you had your phone?
    04-03-2015 11:32 AM
    That battery life is phenomenal if it's accurate! The readings only reset after you charge it to 90% or more. Also, partially charging it during will affect the readings too. How long have you had your phone?
    Yes i believe it is since i fully charged my phone in the morning then use it for the whole day till i reach 3% then took a screenshot. I think there is some area for improvement? since i've seen people who have screen that only use around 34% mine uses 46%
    04-03-2015 08:30 PM
    This is Day 1, first charge. From a full charge after I picked up the phone then over night until the morning. Tell me this isn't beautiful?!!! This is without our firmware update as well.

Heavy texting, re-downloading apps. With Wifi and GPS on, and email client running an IMAP and Gmail account on push. Along with Facebook notifications on, messenger on, and Tapatalk notifications on for multiple subscribed threads.

Attachment 141782
    Attachment 141783
    Nice!!
    04-04-2015 12:23 PM
    So here's an interesting twist. Just got my spare OEM battery with charger case. My first use of my new battery gave me almost an hour and a half extra screen on time!

So here's my question for those getting 5 hours or more SOT: do you guys use fast charging? If so, how often do you use it/have it on?
    I use fast charging as well as power saving mode when my battery gets really low.
    04-04-2015 12:26 PM
    I updated my Verizon Note 4 yesterday afternoon to Lollipop. I did not do a factory reset, but I did do a clear of the cache partition immediately after the update. After TouchWiz crashed a couple of times on restarting the phone, things have smoothed out. Overall, it was a mostly uneventful and successful update for me. Since I did the update using the home wi-fi while on the charger, the batter was still at 100%, so shortly after completing the update, I pulled the charger to test battery life. What follows is a look at my battery life over roughly the last 22 hours and 45 minutes. During this time, I used the phone as I normally do, which includes some phone calls, some texting, a couple of games of euchre, checking the battery stats, setting up my location for the Smart Lock feature, and probably a few things I've forgotten I did. Oh, I also slept for a few hours too, which you can see on the History details screenshot where the screen is not on.

Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info-screenshot_2015-04-04-15-43-26.jpg
    Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info-screenshot_2015-04-04-15-43-35.jpg
    Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info-screenshot_2015-04-04-15-43-15.jpg
    04-04-2015 03:32 PM

see attachment as i can't post link yet

as far i can remember
    wifi is on all the time
    auto brightness on
    power saving on
    Are you using stock battery?
    04-05-2015 12:03 PM

as far i can remember
    wifi is on all the time
    auto brightness on
    power saving on
    04-05-2015 12:04 PM
    Yes. I just had my note 4 for 4days and so far battery life has been amazing. I can even use my Mobile data in a
    bad reception area and still get good battery.
    mak916 likes this.
    04-06-2015 08:50 AM
    Yes. I just had my note 4 for 4days and so far battery life has been amazing. I can even use my Mobile data in a
    bad reception area and still get good battery.
    How many apps do you have and are you running Lollipop yet? I was getting really good battery life until Lollipop.
    04-06-2015 10:06 PM
    I'm just upgraded my note 4 to lollipop 5.0.1 last week and I'm very happy with the battery life, it's definitely better compare to KitKat 4.4.4

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info-screenshot_2015-04-07-10-58-44.jpg  
    04-06-2015 10:12 PM
    Something important about reporting battery times and comparing. While I'm not doubting the knowledge of the battery readings, there is something I think people leave out.

So people are like "Omg I don't get 7 hours of screen on time! I only get 4!or 5!"

Remember, some people are only posting their screen on time. If I charge my phone to 100% and the unplug it and use it CONSTANTLY (checking Facebook, watching some youtube videos, texting, etc. Not letting the screen go off for longer than a few moments) I can get 6 or 7 hours or more of screen on time. BUT if you use your phone like a normal person, and it sits in standby for awhile, that time that it's in standby is still taking away from your screen on time. Which I think is why we see some people only reporting 5 hours or 4 hours. If you leave your phone alone for quote awhile, then use it a lot for quick bursts, remember that the time between use is still taking power and reducing your screen on time.

Again, I'm not saying there are people who don't get 6 or 7 hours of screen on time but how you use your phone is going to variably affect how much you get. Sometimes I think we forget this.

04-17-2015 05:16 PM
    If I don't turn my screen on my Note4 says it week will last 4 days. With moderate useage I get over a day out of it.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info-screenshot_2015-04-18-00-29-33.jpg   Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info-screenshot_2015-04-18-00-30-03.jpg  
    Princepia likes this.
    04-17-2015 06:32 PM
    Something important about reporting battery times and comparing. While I'm not doubting the knowledge of the battery readings, there is something I think people leave out.

So people are like "Omg I don't get 7 hours of screen on time! I only get 4!or 5!"

Remember, some people are only posting their screen on time. If I charge my phone to 100% and the unplug it and use it CONSTANTLY (checking Facebook, watching some youtube videos, texting, etc. Not letting the screen go off for longer than a few moments) I can get 6 or 7 hours or more of screen on time. BUT if you use your phone like a normal person, and it sits in standby for awhile, that time that it's in standby is still taking away from your screen on time. Which I think is why we see some people only reporting 5 hours or 4 hours. If you leave your phone alone for quote awhile, then use it a lot for quick bursts, remember that the time between use is still taking power and reducing your screen on time.

Again, I'm not saying there are people who don't get 6 or 7 hours of screen on time but how you use your phone is going to variably affect how much you get. Sometimes I think we forget this.

I tried that once, accidentally used my phone nearly non stop after fully charging it. My screen on time was pretty much the same
    04-21-2015 01:35 AM
    I don't use power saving mode nor do I use fast charging. I have WiFi on all day and Bluetooth as well for my Gear S, Gear Circle and Moto 360. I sync one Gmail account all day, greenify user apps, have max auto brightness set, but I disable location unless I need it and I disable a lot of Google's app sniffing, monitoring, location services, etc per the recommendation of the developer of my custom ROM of choice which is FireKat v11x.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info-uploadfromtaptalk1429625549609.jpg   Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info-uploadfromtaptalk1429625570783.jpg  
    04-21-2015 09:16 AM
    This is far from typical use, (35% after 2 days 19 hours on battery), but I thought I'd post it out of interest... I didn't use my phone much for a couple of days. It was sitting on a kitchen shelf most of the time.

I had one hour screen time, about 30 minutes talk time, and it received about 50 emails. WiFi and Bluetooth were on and the phone was pushing notifications to my Gear 2 watch. I don't have any power saving modes set.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info-screenshot_2015-04-20-09-13-04.png  
    04-21-2015 09:56 AM
448 ... 161718