Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info

rdroyer

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I can understand UPSM over night or if you're traveling by but there's definitely no reason for it on a daily basis, completely unnecessary.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I can understand UPSM over night or if you're traveling by but there's definitely no reason for it on a daily basis, completely unnecessary.

I usually only use it over night since I don't want to leave my phone charging all night. But I keep my power charger at home and sometimes my phone gets low at work and so I'll have to turn on UPSM until I can connect to my car charger.

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
This thread is turning into a sickness with everyone trying to squeeze every last minute of battery and screen on time out of their device.
Just use your phone, people!
I can see for the people that are getting less than stellar battery life to post in and try to get feedback from others. But, to start neutering all of your services on your phone just to get a little more screen on time is just silly.
If you lose your power or charger and want your battery to last, put in ultra power saving mode. Otherwise, find the rogue apps causing the issues and just use your phone.
This has been an editorial. Carry on. 😉

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I for one never switch off anything I want, I just dont want very many of Samsung's extra features and apps apart from the s pen. I spend the first few weeks switching off all the other stuff I don't use and making sure nothing is sucking my battery dry for no apparent reason. I do try and eek out extra power....so I can use my phone as much as possible. After a few weeks when I know the phone is running well and what it can do I tend to forget about it.

rsawitzky

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Does this seem normal? If Im understanding this wrong, please correct me, but does this mean that I'm using my battery faster when my screen is off?

Edit: I just realized how long it says since I've been off a charger, momentarily plugged in at meijer to print a picture, so maybe it means since then with the screen off I've used that much? Will check again tomorrow after normal use and update
Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-16-23-06-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-16-23-06-53.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 123

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Does this seem normal? If Im understanding this wrong, please correct me, but does this mean that I'm using my battery faster when my screen is off?

Edit: I just realized how long it says since I've been off a charger, momentarily plugged in at meijer to print a picture, so maybe it means since then with the screen off I've used that much? Will check again tomorrow after normal use and update

Was it running off a full charge two hours ago when you unplugged it? Or was that the Meijer printing?

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
This charge I made some phone calls and what not. Mostly texted throughout the day and before bed played some gta and peggle and then watched some netflix. Over a day of usage at 9% isn't too bad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-18-01-38-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-18-01-38-42.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot_2014-12-18-01-38-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-18-01-38-54.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_2014-12-18-01-31-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-18-01-31-36.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 110

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Man how are people getting these numbers? ! Over a day is cool, but 8 hours of screen on time is insane! I can barely get mine to hit 4.5 hours and that's with Greenify and turning on UPSM when I sleep!

I'm really not taking any extraordinary measures to get these times. I'm running TouchWiz, I do not run Greenify or any memory-cleaning app, I do not use any power saving mode, I keep my brightness down at about 25%, and I've turned off the following programs (and Softcard, which is not shown because it would require attaching another screenshot just to show it):
Screenshot_2014-12-18-16-49-18.jpg

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm really not taking any extraordinary measures to get these times. I'm running TouchWiz, I do not run Greenify or any memory-cleaning app, I do not use any power saving mode, I keep my brightness down at about 25%, and I've turned off the following programs (and Softcard, which is not shown because it would require attaching another screenshot just to show it):
View attachment 155442

Hmm, I wonder if Touch Wiz uses that much less power than my Nova Prime launcher does. If not, it must be a combination of your 25% screen and being in a great mobile reception area maybe?

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, I wonder if Touch Wiz uses that much less power than my Nova Prime launcher does. If not, it must be a combination of your 25% screen and being in a great mobile reception area maybe?

Except I'm not in that great of a mobile reception area. I'm in one of those areas where many times the phone won't even ring when someone calls, but a short time later I'll get their voicemail. It drives me crazy when this happens! But to be clear, this is not a Note 4 issue. The same thing used to happen with my iPhone 5. It's just spotty reception.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Except I'm not in that great of a mobile reception area. I'm in one of those areas where many times the phone won't even ring when someone calls, but a short time later I'll get their voicemail. It drives me crazy when this happens! But to be clear, this is not a Note 4 issue. The same thing used to happen with my iPhone 5. It's just spotty reception.

Well then I would like to know your phone's secret because that's twice the screen time I've seen most posters on this board get! #jealous

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I feel for you, godz. I wish I could help. Perhaps you make and/or receive a lot more phone calls than I do? I actually don't use the phone much - 3 or 4 calls a day at best. My daughter (who lives in Illinois as well, btw - Chicago to be exact) and wife both prefer texting, so that's how we communicate mostly. I do, however, get and send a lot of email every day. And much of the screen time seen in my screen shots is a result of trying out features of the phone (it's the best phone I've ever owned), downloading and trying new apps, listening to podcasts, and things like that.

In case I hadn't mentioned it before, I'm on Verizon. I don't think that has anything to do with my battery's longevity, though. It's always possible, I suppose, that batteries themselves, even though they are all labeled the same, vary in capacity from the factory. One would hope not, and it's not very likely, but it would be a logical explanation for the differing experiences people are having with apparently similar configurations.

If you think of anything you'd like me to compare with your Note 4, let me know.

AlfieBriggs

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Going to get a Zerelemon 1000mah battery pack, 10h screen on time would be handy for certain journeys.

Posted via my amazing Note 4 paired with my Moto360

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I am getting about 7 hours steady for a fortnight or more. Some of those were guesstimates as I physically couldn't use the phone enough to run it down. Hit over 7hrs multiple times though.

Picked up an official spare battery pack with charger, spare battery and carry box so I am set for 14hrs of SOT without having to go near a plug...great phone so far for me!!

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Post your battery life screens and info

I got my Note on Tuesday and haven't really kept my hands off of it for too long, so this really wouldn't be a typical day with normal usage habits. Today I consistently left my screen brightness to about half. I skimmed through a couple youtube videos. Tested out a couple internet browsers and did a lot of web browsing in general. Downloaded and tried some apps to connect on my chromecast. I took a couple pictures and about 3 small videos. I used several applications and more than anything I just did a lot of playing around with phone's UI to see if I came across lag. All this was done while I was connected to "wifi". Again, my day basically consisted of me being lazy and sitting on my couch with phone in hand. Tomorrow I will have more realistic use since I will be working.

View attachment 141440

View attachment 141441

View attachment 141442

How do you get those aliases in your notification pane? The ones for s finder and quick connect?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech