10-26-2014 11:54 AM
27 12
tools
    So, I pre-ordered my Galaxy Note 4 at Best Buy a few weeks ago. How long is my pre-order good for? I ask because I would like to wait until Black Friday to get my phone in case it is much cheaper.

However, I know there can be shortages around that time (or that day), and if my phone (the one I reserved) is somehow sold, I might not be able to get one before November 30th, and I could get screwed out of the $200 discount with my trade-in.

So, how long is my pre-ordered phone at Best Buy reserved for me?
    10-16-2014 10:24 AM
    48 hrs
    Dankees likes this.
    10-16-2014 10:25 AM
    So, do I have to buy the phone I pre-ordered, or can I wait and run the risk they'll be sold-out in November?
    10-16-2014 10:27 AM
    My paper confirms...
    Attached Thumbnails How Long Is A Pre-Ordered Galaxy Note 4 Reserved at Best Buy For Me?-1413473368013.jpg  
    Dankees likes this.
    10-16-2014 10:29 AM
    I guess I should read that paper.

I guess I will get it beforehand, just in case they don't have any in November (or there isn't a sale).

Now, you are obviously informed... If I am upgrading, do I have to have my phone opened, etc., in the store, or can I do all of the activation at home so that I can protect it privately, without having some ******-head man-handle my new phone?
    10-16-2014 10:44 AM
    Apparently they are going to activate it for us. I got my email already.
    Attached Thumbnails How Long Is A Pre-Ordered Galaxy Note 4 Reserved at Best Buy For Me?-1413474405419.jpg  
    10-16-2014 10:46 AM
    Nice, Reesh!

Did you get a confirmation email when you preordered?
    10-16-2014 10:49 AM
    Nice, Reesh!

Did you get a confirmation email when you preordered?
    Yep! Like right after I walked out the door. Can't wait! 24 hours from now!! Although I will note, this email says 24 hours not 48...
    Tarek53180 likes this.
    10-16-2014 10:55 AM
    So, we have to let them activate it for us? Seriously? Why?

Hey, can I pre-order via Best Buy, online, and just pick up that phone and not the one I pre-ordered previously?

If so, can I use the $200 deal with the online pre-order (if I don't live in an area that has the right pawn laws)?
    10-16-2014 11:07 AM
    It has to be activated in-store to get the $200 promo.

You could always ask them to let you unbox it yourself. That's what I did with my N2.
    Djm.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-16-2014 11:11 AM
    Hi Reesh, is that the email you received recently or is this the one you got right after you preordered it? The email i received right after reserving it only showed that it has been pre ordered but didn't mention anything about picking it up on Friday.
    10-16-2014 11:17 AM
    That would be good. Then, I could unbox it, get it in the case, and let them activate it.

I was also gonna bring a soft towel with me. I hate it when they take your new phone and put it on their counter. What assholes!
    10-16-2014 11:17 AM
    Hi Reesh, is that the email you received recently or is this the one you got right after you preordered it? The email i received right after reserving it only showed that it has been pre ordered but didn't mention anything about picking it up on Friday.
    This is the email I just got today saying it's ready to pick up tomorrow.

Posted via Android Central App
    wafuzel likes this.
    10-16-2014 11:30 AM
    i didn't get the pickup email as of yet but i am just gonna go to the best buy store tomorrow anyway. if it wasn't for that $200 giftcard promo i would have already had this phone as of Tuesday. All i got to say is that Best Buy better have my phone tomorrow or all hell is gonna break loose tomorrow. lol

update: got my email from best buy now but guess what.. they put the order in for the wrong store. The store that has my phone now cannot accept my phone trade in due to not being purchased at Best Buy due to a local city pawn law. Waiting on the mobile dept manager to call me back to see what options i have but currently not looking good. I should have known Best Buy was gonna give me trouble. Only reason i did the pre order there was for the $200 GC to apply towards the phone and if i cannot do that now, there would be no point for me to buy at Best Buy when i could have just purchased it at a local ATT store as of October 14. So pissed. Sorry but just had to vent.
    Tarek53180 and tdgwf like this.
    10-16-2014 11:47 AM
    good idea, i think i should do the same (bring a towel). i nearly get a small panic attack when they just take the phone out of the box like its nothing then start PEELING off the plastic cover. it's like i get tunnel vision and then a panicky NOOOOOO! comes out. i really wish they didn't have to activate it themselves too... such is life to save a couple hundred dollars though!

reesh11 and Dankees like this.
    10-16-2014 11:58 AM
    Apparently they are going to activate it for us. I got my email already.
    Hey Reesh what cell company are you with?

10-16-2014 04:05 PM
    Wait is there a downside to having best buy activate the phone? And sad, I haven't gotten any email. I guess I can't get it tomorrow.
    10-16-2014 04:14 PM
    Hey Reesh what cell company are you with?

AT&T
    honda-Dave likes this.
    10-16-2014 04:55 PM
    Wait is there a downside to having best buy activate the phone? And sad, I haven't gotten any email. I guess I can't get it tomorrow.
    Are you on Verizon? If not, give it time the day isn't over. You could get the email tomorrow as well.
    10-16-2014 04:55 PM
    So, I pre-ordered my Galaxy Note 4 at Best Buy a few weeks ago. How long is my pre-order good for? I ask because I would like to wait until Black Friday to get my phone in case it is much cheaper.

However, I know there can be shortages around that time (or that day), and if my phone (the one I reserved) is somehow sold, I might not be able to get one before November 30th, and I could get screwed out of the $200 discount with my trade-in.

So, how long is my pre-ordered phone at Best Buy reserved for me?
    My preorder sales agreement emailed to me from bestbuy says this...

" Best Buy will hold phone reservations for a maximum of 72 hours after the first notification of*phone availability after which time the phone reservation will be cancelled.*"
    10-16-2014 07:39 PM
    i don't think there's a downside to them doing it, i think it's just the OP emphasizing how they just handle our new babies so non-chalantly. then you have people like me who are nuts with that stuff. speaking of, i'm now thinking of bringing some latex gloves for whoever handles mine. my ocd takes over my life in these situations!

i didn't get an email yet either. my BB told me preorders are given in the order received and we're not guaranteed one on release day. ugh. i just preordered last week so i'm trying not to trip.

Dankees likes this.
    10-16-2014 07:59 PM
    i don't think there's a downside to them doing it, i think it's just the OP emphasizing how they just handle our new babies so non-chalantly. then you have people like me who are nuts with that stuff. speaking of, i'm now thinking of bringing some latex gloves for whoever handles mine. my ocd takes over my life in these situations!

i didn't get an email yet either. my BB told me preorders are given in the order received and we're not guaranteed one on release day. ugh. i just preordered last week so i'm trying not to trip.

Jennifer and I are very alike. No one touches my phone but me!
    jennifer likes this.
    10-17-2014 08:34 AM
    Has anyone who pre-ordered from Best Buy not received their email to pickup their phone yet? I went on Friday to pick it up before going out of town but they turned me away. This is getting pretty ridiculous, if you ask me...
    10-21-2014 09:54 AM
    Has anyone who pre-ordered from Best Buy not received their email to pickup their phone yet? I went on Friday to pick it up before going out of town but they turned me away. This is getting pretty ridiculous, if you ask me...
    I pre-ordered a Verizon model - I haven't gotten anything, yet.
    10-21-2014 09:59 AM
    Yup! Pre-ordered through BB. Paid for the $50 gift card. Haven't received an e-mail stating that my phone is in yet. And they can't tell me where I sit in the pecking order for pre-orders or when they expect the phones to come in. And it sucks! Especially considering that I was in an AT&T store today that had the phone in stock. I just couldn't pay the extra $200 for the same phone. What's worst is that this is my first switch from IOS to Android but this is making me feel like it is a sign that I should just go buy the IPhone 6 Plus and stay with IOS.

Does anyone have any idea of the status of AT&T or Samsung shipping these pre-ordered BB Note 4s.
    10-21-2014 08:15 PM
27 12