10-19-2014 01:11 PM
96 1234
tools
    I don't know... Most people aren't going to leave a carrier due to a phone releasing 3 days later... Just like I don't see many people staying with a phone (like iPhone or any phone) because it releases when the other carriers get it.
    Agreed. It is mostly enthusiasts that really care about the release date, and Verizon knows that. The average Joe isn't all that concerned. They will just wait for it to come out and be done with it.
    10-17-2014 10:24 AM
    The sad thing is that Verizon has probably been sitting on their stockpile of Note 4's for weeks and just won't ship.
    stackberry369 likes this.
    10-17-2014 10:29 AM
    I pre-ordered my VZW Note 4 at Best Buy and was told it would be available 10/17, I even saw the availability date of 10/17 on the screen when ordering. I just called the store to see if it was available. They spoke to the cellular supervisor who said it should be there today but they wont know for sure until the truck is unpacked which hasn't occurred yet. I verified that it was a VZW phone and they said yes it should be there and the email will be sent as the truck is unpacked.

I'm still not holding out hope that it will actually be available until the 23rd but it's worth trying if they keep saying it will be there. I don't believe that this is the only Best Buy in the country that has the VZW Note 4 available today so I'm just assuming that the people working there are idiots and that I won't have the phone until the 23rd until I see an email saying differently.
    10-17-2014 10:29 AM
    So, Verizon and I have been tweeting back and forth today ..... still no word on the ETA though. But it is going to be my next question.

Is the Note 4 coming out on Verizon tomorrow?-1413560586144screencapture.png
    10-17-2014 10:45 AM
    I just can't understand why anybody thought it would release today? Verizon itself never once said the 17th. since day 1 it's been 23rd.
    Because someone posts how their cousin, has a friend,who's brother works at best buy or Verizon store, and he says his store will be selling it on the 17th.
    jayochs likes this.
    10-17-2014 10:50 AM
    Because someone posts how their cousin, has a friend,who's brother works at best buy or Verizon store, and he says his store will be selling it on the 17th.
    Or the 2 Verizon employees at the stores that verbally tell people "yes, we will have it here on the 17th!"
    10-17-2014 10:58 AM
    When I pre-ordered my Note 4 from VZW the date on the web site read it will ship by 10/17. Impatiently, I visited a local BB store yesterday (10/16/2014) and they told me they will have the VZW N4 on 10/17/2014. I visited the BB store today and they the N4 for Spint and AT&T, but no Verizon. Next, I checked with VZW customer service about my pre-order and now they are saying it should by 10/21 to arrive on 10/23. I'm trying to put it out of my mind, but every time I blink a Samsung Commercial comes TV/Radio about the next big thing ... how they tell me about the next shipment.
    10-17-2014 11:19 AM
    Was this at Best Buy or a Verizon store?
    Verizon store
    10-17-2014 11:41 AM
    I was Told at my Verizon Store and at Best Buy the release date for the GNote4 will be 10/23/14!!!
    10-17-2014 12:14 PM
    Went to a corporate Verizon store today, hoping for a chance to play with a demo note 4. Talked to the store manager, who said he's as shocked as I am that they don't even have a demo phone yet. And he said he was told up until last night that they were going to have the phone today, and then informed last night it would be the 23rd. I didn't expect to get the phone today, but it's less than a week before it will be released for VZW and they don't even have a demo phone. However, most of the other reps were talking up the droid turbo, new Sony phone and Nexus 6 to their customers...... Hmmmmmmm
    prakash99 likes this.
    10-17-2014 12:42 PM
    True... the VZW stores do not have a demo, however ... if u r looking to play with one, BB has the Note 4 demo for Sprint and AT&T.
    Megan Lemon likes this.
    10-17-2014 12:56 PM
    You do know that is an auto attendant, right? You have been tweeting with a computer
    So, Verizon and I have been tweeting back and forth today ..... still no word on the ETA though. But it is going to be my next question.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1413560586144screencapture.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	141530
    Harlemknight and curney like this.
    10-17-2014 01:06 PM
    I pre-ordered my VZW Note 4 at Best Buy and was told it would be available 10/17, I even saw the availability date of 10/17 on the screen when ordering. I just called the store to see if it was available. They spoke to the cellular supervisor who said it should be there today but they wont know for sure until the truck is unpacked which hasn't occurred yet. I verified that it was a VZW phone and they said yes it should be there and the email will be sent as the truck is unpacked.

I'm still not holding out hope that it will actually be available until the 23rd but it's worth trying if they keep saying it will be there. I don't believe that this is the only Best Buy in the country that has the VZW Note 4 available today so I'm just assuming that the people working there are idiots and that I won't have the phone until the 23rd until I see an email saying differently.
    "The truck is unpacked" is their way of realizing that they screwed up on their release date and setting the table for them telling you that it was unpacked, but now it's just waiting for someone to break down the pallets of merchandise....
    10-17-2014 06:52 PM
    You do know that is an auto attendant, right? You have been tweeting with a computer
    SHHHHH!!! You're going to ruin his dinner plans for this weekend!
    10-17-2014 06:55 PM
    I don't know... Most people aren't going to leave a carrier due to a phone releasing 3 days later... Just like I don't see many people staying with a phone (like iPhone or any phone) because it releases when the other carriers get it.
    That's 6 days! After waiting 6 weeks since the announcement. Pretty brutal... but I'm holding up, somehow.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-17-2014 07:10 PM
    I work for BBY part-time. There is 0 stock company-wide for the VZW Note 4.
    Estimated date for us in both white and black is now 10/31. Not sure when it will hit VZW Corporate.
    10-17-2014 08:13 PM
    I work for BBY part-time. There is 0 stock company-wide for the VZW Note 4.
    Estimated date for us in both white and black is now 10/31. Not sure when it will hit VZW Corporate.
    I hope it hits corporate by the 21st! This is worse than waiting for my wedding day. And I was engaged for THREE LONG YEARS! LOL
    Husker82 likes this.
    10-17-2014 09:29 PM
    Verizon are a bunch of idiots. There is no damn good reason to make their customers wait another week or two (according to Sentrix who works for Best Buy) to get a new device when T-Mobile and AT&T already have theirs out as of today. I mean seriously, who knows the real reason they are always a week later than the rest? Does anyone know?
    10-18-2014 12:10 AM
    SHHHHH!!! You're going to ruin his dinner plans for this weekend!
    Lol

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4
    hdhuntr likes this.
    10-18-2014 02:29 AM
    Verizon are a bunch of idiots. There is no damn good reason to make their customers wait another week or two (according to Sentrix who works for Best Buy) to get a new device when T-Mobile and AT&T already have theirs out as of today. I mean seriously, who knows the real reason they are always a week later than the rest? Does anyone know?
    I'm pretty sure they do considerably more network testing than the other carriers for each device. The iPhone has been responsible for several AT&T network crashes over the years. Verizon puts a lot of effort into making sure no phone will ever do the same to their network.

Then you ask, "well why is the iPhone released on time with the other carriers?" My guess is that Apple requires them to do so and they have probably been testing the iPhone with Verizon long before the release date.
    10-18-2014 02:42 AM
    I'm pretty sure they do considerably more network testing than the other carriers for each device. The iPhone has been responsible for several AT&T network crashes over the years. Verizon puts a lot of effort into making sure no phone will ever do the same to their network.

Then you ask, "well why is the iPhone released on time with the other carriers?" My guess is that Apple requires them to do so and they have probably been testing the iPhone with Verizon long before the release date.
    I don't believe it has to do with network testing. The Note 4 is no where near as popular as the iPhone and it can release on time with no network worries...

Also the AT&T thing was back when mobile Internet wasn't a huge thing like it is today where everyone has it... So AT&T had to deal with that and they weren't prepared. Today... Carriers are very well aware of the demand on their networks since everyone (even my parents haha) have the Internet in their pocket.

Edit - and since most of the people getting something like the Note 4 had a smartphone before.. So upgrading the phone won't increase demand a ton on the network out of no where.
    10-18-2014 02:45 AM
    They are keeping cost down for their customers. Hence the late arrivals and no ear buds. They make money with their service and are not interested in making money for Samsung. I wouldn't call Verizon idiots, just conservative. They are the big dog in wireless communications and have no reason to make hasty decisions.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-18-2014 06:33 AM
    It's fine. I love getting new phones. No need to be mad though. It's coming. Only a week later. Life will go on.
    10-18-2014 07:39 AM
    As much as it sucks waiting, we are saving a lot of money with the vzw note 4.
    Honey_184 likes this.
    10-18-2014 09:19 AM
    As much as it sucks waiting, we are saving a lot of money with the vzw note 4.
    Very true! AT&T sells the N4 for $826 & Tmo sells it for $750.... I'd rather wait a week and get it for $700 with VZW and buy my own damn headphones lol
    hdhuntr and razortaz18 like this.
    10-18-2014 09:28 AM
96 1234