Is the Note 4 coming out on Verizon tomorrow?

Cnote187

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Re: Note 4 on Verizon.. Tomorrow???

Well I promised I'd own up to it and I am, Got to the store at 8 AM, told them what I wanted the rep said sure. then proceeded to tell me 10/23 like all of you were saying. dissapointing to say the least. I should have just listened to you guys. Live and learn I guess

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Well I promised I'd own up to it and I am, Got to the store at 8 AM, told them what I wanted the rep said sure. then proceeded to tell me 10/23 like all of you were saying. dissapointing to say the least. I should have just listened to you guys. Live and learn I guess

Was this at Best Buy or a Verizon store?

mrsmoore78

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Hey, wishful thinking isn't always bad, I would have been excited if someone got theirs today, I'd be in my car driving all over town trying to find one! I am very disappointed in Verizon's inability to keep up with the other 3 major carriers and still expecting us to stay loyal. I will say, I DO like my service and coverage with Verizon but to release a major device a week late just isn't acceptable. Can you imagine if they would have done this with the iPhone 6?? People would be jumping ship right and left, the other carriers will pay termination fees now. They have a serious Apple bias and I'm highly annoyed I pre-ordered something a MONTH ago that AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint customers already have in-hand.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I just can't understand why anybody thought it would release today? Verizon itself never once said the 17th. since day 1 it's been 23rd. best buy gets fined for selling prior to Street date for phones, video games, even music. there was no reason to believe the 17th especially with Verizon's track record of having phones out later than other carriers. best buy employees don't know a damn thing about their job, so they go with what they hear from other idiotic employees who assume since everyone else is releasing, verizon will too.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I think some of the anticipation that VZW was going to surprise people with an earlier delivery than the 23rd was created when other carriers released theirs before the announced street date of the 17th.

As a VZW customer I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll pick up my black N4 that I pre-ordered from BB next Thursday or Friday. However, my only other experience with pre-ordering a phone was the iPhone 5 on launch day, and given the fact that all carriers released at the same time, I (incorrectly) assumed that's the way it was for all phones, at least for the flagships.

mrsmoore78

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

I think some of the anticipation that VZW was going to surprise people with an earlier delivery than the 23rd was created when other carriers released theirs before the announced street date of the 17th.

As a VZW customer I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll pick up my black N4 that I pre-ordered from BB next Thursday or Friday. However, my only other experience with pre-ordering a phone was the iPhone 5 on launch day, and given the fact that all carriers released at the same time, I (incorrectly) assumed that's the way it was for all phones, at least for the flagships.

They SHOULD all release the same day.... the backlash Verizon would get if they didn't have the precious iPhone's on launch day would be huge. They would lose customers right and left if they did that. They just don't prioritize Android the way they do Apple devices, which I am only learning NOW because this is the first time I've been away from Apple. It's no wonder people just stick with them. As for me, I'm sick of basically buying the same phone over and over, so I'm going to wait (impatiently) for my N4 but what a disappointment.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

They SHOULD all release the same day.... the backlash Verizon would get if they didn't have the precious iPhone's on launch day would be huge. They would lose customers right and left if they did that. They just don't prioritize Android the way they do Apple devices, which I am only learning NOW because this is the first time I've been away from Apple. It's no wonder people just stick with them. As for me, I'm sick of basically buying the same phone over and over, so I'm going to wait (impatiently) for my N4 but what a disappointment.

I don't know... Most people aren't going to leave a carrier due to a phone releasing 3 days later... Just like I don't see many people staying with a phone (like iPhone or any phone) because it releases when the other carriers get it.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I don't know... Most people aren't going to leave a carrier due to a phone releasing 3 days later... Just like I don't see many people staying with a phone (like iPhone or any phone) because it releases when the other carriers get it.

Agreed. It is mostly enthusiasts that really care about the release date, and Verizon knows that. The average Joe isn't all that concerned. They will just wait for it to come out and be done with it.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

The sad thing is that Verizon has probably been sitting on their stockpile of Note 4's for weeks and just won't ship.:'(

MoonShade

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

I pre-ordered my VZW Note 4 at Best Buy and was told it would be available 10/17, I even saw the availability date of 10/17 on the screen when ordering. I just called the store to see if it was available. They spoke to the cellular supervisor who said it should be there today but they wont know for sure until the truck is unpacked which hasn't occurred yet. I verified that it was a VZW phone and they said yes it should be there and the email will be sent as the truck is unpacked.

I'm still not holding out hope that it will actually be available until the 23rd but it's worth trying if they keep saying it will be there. I don't believe that this is the only Best Buy in the country that has the VZW Note 4 available today so I'm just assuming that the people working there are idiots and that I won't have the phone until the 23rd until I see an email saying differently.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

So, Verizon and I have been tweeting back and forth today ..... still no word on the ETA though. But it is going to be my next question.

1413560586144screencapture.png

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I just can't understand why anybody thought it would release today? Verizon itself never once said the 17th. since day 1 it's been 23rd.

Because someone posts how their cousin, has a friend,who's brother works at best buy or Verizon store, and he says his store will be selling it on the 17th.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

Because someone posts how their cousin, has a friend,who's brother works at best buy or Verizon store, and he says his store will be selling it on the 17th.

Or the 2 Verizon employees at the stores that verbally tell people "yes, we will have it here on the 17th!"

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

When I pre-ordered my Note 4 from VZW the date on the web site read it will ship by 10/17. Impatiently, I visited a local BB store yesterday (10/16/2014) and they told me they will have the VZW N4 on 10/17/2014. I visited the BB store today and they the N4 for Spint and AT&T, but no Verizon. Next, I checked with VZW customer service about my pre-order and now they are saying it should by 10/21 to arrive on 10/23. I'm trying to put it out of my mind, but every time I blink a Samsung Commercial comes TV/Radio about the next big thing ... how they tell me about the next shipment.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I was Told at my Verizon Store and at Best Buy the release date for the GNote4 will be 10/23/14!!!

Megan Lemon

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

Went to a corporate Verizon store today, hoping for a chance to play with a demo note 4. Talked to the store manager, who said he's as shocked as I am that they don't even have a demo phone yet. And he said he was told up until last night that they were going to have the phone today, and then informed last night it would be the 23rd. I didn't expect to get the phone today, but it's less than a week before it will be released for VZW and they don't even have a demo phone. However, most of the other reps were talking up the droid turbo, new Sony phone and Nexus 6 to their customers...... Hmmmmmmm

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon