Is the Note 4 coming out on Verizon tomorrow?

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So how long have you been working at Verizon? :p

I personally don't buy it, especially when you consider that other devices have similar configuration (it's called KitKat and it's been out for awhile). My guess is that it's most likely something more sinister than "network testing". I wouldn't be surprised if it was an attempt at Verizon trying to get into good graces with Apple. I remember one Verizon manager, when the Note 3 was being released stating that Verizon was trying to spread out the release dates to get most out of every release out there, which sounds more like it, typical gouging of its customer base.

I think you have an unhealthy amount of distrust for VZW.

Look, I'm frustrated with the wait, too, but it clearly appears as though you're attaching a completely nefarious intent to the delay. Do you honestly think VZW is in the business of trying to put the interests of other phones and carriers over their own customers and VZW's own economic interests?

Again I've got my own frustrations with VZW , including headphone-gate and delay-gate (ha ha), but assuming that the delay is caused by VZW intentionally screwing over its customers in favor of other companies is a bit "tin-foilish" and illogical. Occam's Razor and all that.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Seriously, it's only a 1 week delay, we're not talking months here! What's up with all the "theories" on how evil VZW is up to this or that lol... Would I love have my hands on the N4 already? YES!! But it's really not that big of a deal, it's just alittle frustrating but it'll be here soon enough :cool:

Last edited:

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, it's only a 1 week delay, we're not talking months here! What's up with all the "theories" on how evil VZW is up to this or that lol... Would I love have my hands on the N4 already, YES!! But it's really not that big of a deal, it's just alittle frustrating but it'll be here soon enough :cool:

lol unless it's 10/31 with Best Buy, then it will be even longer. They have their 18 months no interest right now.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
lol unless it's 10/31 with Best Buy, then it will be even longer. They have their 18 months no interest right now.

I wouldn't mind waiting until 10/31 to get it through BB, it would've been really nice to get the instant gift card. Unfortunately, when I went in to pre-order at BB for VZW, I was told they only had AT&T & Sprint available :-\ so I ran across the street (literally) and pre-ordered from a VZW store :p

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I think you have an unhealthy amount of distrust for VZW.

Look, I'm frustrated with the wait, too, but it clearly appears as though you're attaching a completely nefarious intent to the delay. Do you honestly think VZW is in the business of trying to put the interests of other phones and carriers over their own customers and VZW's own economic interests?

Again I've got my own frustrations with VZW , including headphone-gate and delay-gate (ha ha), but assuming that the delay is caused by VZW intentionally screwing over its customers in favor of other companies is a bit "tin-foilish" and illogical. Occam's Razor and all that.

Since you claim it to be unhealthy, I'll give you some history for reference. Back before 4G was available, I had a USB Aircard with unlimited 3G. My parents also had the same. Mysteriously our aircards started acting strange for no apparent reason (around the time Verizon was trying to get rid of unlimited plans). I cancelled my aircard service (because it was more trouble than it was worth and I had other alternatives) but my parents had to continue trying to use the aircard as they lived out in the sticks where there was no internet service available other than cellular or satellite. I gave them my old aircard which worked for a few months, then started failing as well. We then went and bought a new aircard at full retail to swap out service so my parents could keep their unlimited plan. When we go to switch service, the Verizon rep asked us what tier my parents wanted. We looked at each other with a confused look. All we were wanting to do was switch service from one aircard to another. The Verizon rep told us that my parents couldn't keep their unlimited service even though they had purchased a new aircard outright. I wouldn't mind if Verizon just outright stated that they were getting rid of unlimited plans, but to be sneaky about it didn't leave a good taste in my mouth.

Now before you think that this is just one incident, I actually have more than a few similar stories of Verizon's horrible customer service, one of which involves my mother who was sick with cancer and had her phone stolen, to which Verizon wouldn't let her get an upgrade 2 months before her eligible upgrade date.

Lets just say my "unhealthy" distrust of Verizon is a direct result of my long history with Verizon.

And to answer your question, no I don't think Verizon is trying to put the interest of other phones/carriers over their own customers, but I DO think Verizon is putting it's OWN interest over that of its customers, which has been my experience with them for as long as I've had Verizon (some 10-15 years).

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 4 on Verizon.. Tomorrow???

You do know that is an auto attendant, right? You have been tweeting with a computer :)

Wow! Honestly I didn't know that. No, I am not being sarcastic. I really thought it was a live person. Thank you for educating me.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Wow! Honestly I didn't know that. No, I am not being sarcastic. I really thought it was a live person. Thank you for educating me.

What's really going to blow your mind is DEPARSON isn't a real "PARSON" either, it's just that same twitter-auto-attendant stalking you..... :p

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

What's really going to blow your mind is DEPARSON isn't a real "PARSON" either, it's just that same twitter-auto-attendant stalking you..... :p

Yeah. It seems there is a lot about Twitter that I don't know. I am embarrassed 😳

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Fact is, we simply don't know why VZW is doing what they are doing. Only the higher ups know and they give talking points to the front line troops. Whatever the reasons, you either stay or go. All the conspiracy theories just waste time and get you more upset.

Posted via the Android Central App

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Fact is, we simply don't know why VZW is doing what they are doing. Only the higher ups know and they give talking points to the front line troops. Whatever the reasons, you either stay or go. All the conspiracy theories just waste time and get you more upset.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yeah, I can see all of the higher ups are somehow able to take advantage of waiting another week. It's kind of like how Samsung will announce the Note 4 within the first few days of September, but yet won't release it (at least in the US) until after the middle of October, but yet when the IPhone is announced, it's released within a week to a week and a half tops. That never made sense, but oh well.... Here we twiddle our thumbs.....:)

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Officially confirmed no Verizon stores have the note 4. We have to pre order the phones

Verizon Galaxy S5 😎

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Since you claim it to be unhealthy, I'll give you some history for reference. Back before 4G was available, I had a USB Aircard with unlimited 3G. My parents also had the same. Mysteriously our aircards started acting strange for no apparent reason (around the time Verizon was trying to get rid of unlimited plans). I cancelled my aircard service (because it was more trouble than it was worth and I had other alternatives) but my parents had to continue trying to use the aircard as they lived out in the sticks where there was no internet service available other than cellular or satellite. I gave them my old aircard which worked for a few months, then started failing as well. We then went and bought a new aircard at full retail to swap out service so my parents could keep their unlimited plan. When we go to switch service, the Verizon rep asked us what tier my parents wanted. We looked at each other with a confused look. All we were wanting to do was switch service from one aircard to another. The Verizon rep told us that my parents couldn't keep their unlimited service even though they had purchased a new aircard outright. I wouldn't mind if Verizon just outright stated that they were getting rid of unlimited plans, but to be sneaky about it didn't leave a good taste in my mouth.

Now before you think that this is just one incident, I actually have more than a few similar stories of Verizon's horrible customer service, one of which involves my mother who was sick with cancer and had her phone stolen, to which Verizon wouldn't let her get an upgrade 2 months before her eligible upgrade date.

Lets just say my "unhealthy" distrust of Verizon is a direct result of my long history with Verizon.

And to answer your question, no I don't think Verizon is trying to put the interest of other phones/carriers over their own customers, but I DO think Verizon is putting it's OWN interest over that of its customers, which has been my experience with them for as long as I've had Verizon (some 10-15 years).

OK, so it sounds like you've got some limited anecdotal personal experience with VZW that is coloring your judgment, and you're not pleased with their customer service. There are choices and you chose to stick with VZW. That's on you.

And hopefully you learn someday that businesses SHOULD put their interests above the interests of their customers. Businesses owe you and I nothing. They exist to make money. They are not charitable organizations.

Believe me, I am not a VZW apologist. The company has frustrated me at times as well. But in my part of the Midwest, I find them to provide me with better services than the other major carriers. So I have chosen to continue giving them my business. I would ask why YOU have chosen to stick with VZW?

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
And hopefully you learn someday that businesses SHOULD put their interests above the interests of their customers. Businesses owe you and I nothing. They exist to make money. They are not charitable organizations.

And maybe someday you'll learn that putting a customer's interest first (within financial reason) is what makes a business grow. No one here is asking Verizon to bend over backwards to meet some outlandish request. We just question why EVERY OTHER CARRIER can offer the Note 4 (and a plethora of other devices) on a release date where Verizon can't, or won't. Not offering an explanation only leads one to believe that it's just simply arrogance on their part. "I'm delaying it because I want to delay it, if you have a problem with that then take a hike" is NOT good customer service no matter how you spin it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz