07-30-2016 04:10 PM
81 1234
tools
    What about the USB cable, will any generic cable support the quick charge feature?
    TechNut79 likes this.
    10-19-2014 11:53 PM
    I just wanted to report that my family has 2 Note 4 from Sprint and none of our car chargers that worked with our Note 2s will even charge the Note 4 at all...even the 2.4amp ones. Is this normal?
    10-29-2014 02:23 PM
    I've had the incipio charger in my car for the last 2-3 days, it works great. My commute is about 40-55 minutes and I can easily recharge a good 20%+ in that time....
    10-29-2014 03:12 PM
    What about the USB cable, will any generic cable support the quick charge feature?
    That's why I'm hesitant about this -- you'd think for $35, they'd attach or at least throw in a (coiled) micro USB cable. Experience has taught me to be careful ordering/buying micro USB cables. Too many of them won't deliver the amperage that the charger is putting out due to lack of shielding or other problems that you simply don't know about until you try the cable. Coiled cables (which I prefer to use in the car) are doubly problematic because they're not as readily available. Mediabridge makes one that works well enough, but it's of such stiff industrial thickness that it defeats most of the purpose of having a coiled cable.
    10-29-2014 03:48 PM
    My car has a power outlet 2014 lacrosse so what Imma do is buy or find the same charger that comes with the phone and just use that one in my car

Posted via Android Central App
    10-29-2014 03:53 PM
    That's why I'm hesitant about this -- you'd think for $35, they'd attach or at least throw in a (coiled) micro USB cable. Experience has taught me to be careful ordering/buying micro USB cables. Too many of them won't deliver the amperage that the charger is putting out due to lack of shielding or other problems that you simply don't know about until you try the cable. Coiled cables (which I prefer to use in the car) are doubly problematic because they're not as readily available. Mediabridge makes one that works well enough, but it's of such stiff industrial thickness that it defeats most of the purpose of having a coiled cable.
    I got a Mediabridge coiled USB>mini USB cable to use in my car w/ my Incipio Quick Charge 2.0 12v adapter and it works fine. I don't find it too thick or cumbersome to use. I think the way you can tell the phone is quick charging is the message in the taskbar. I don't remember if it's the same message you get when you charge it from a wall socket which is "adaptive fast charging connected" but it does say "fast charging" and my phone does charge quickly.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4006151

According to Amazon reviews the cords that retract are not reliable, the retracting mechanism doesn't last. That's what I was going to order until I read some of the reviews.
    1812dave likes this.
    10-29-2014 04:25 PM
    I got a Mediabridge coiled USB>mini USB cable to use in my car w/ my Incipio Quick Charge 2.0 12v adapter and it works fine. I don't find it too thick or cumbersome to use. I think the way you can tell the phone is quick charging is the message in the taskbar. I don't remember if it's the same message you get when you charge it from a wall socket which is "adaptive fast charging connected" but it does say "fast charging".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4006180
    That's the one I have, but I gave it to my wife to use in her car. I just prefer the more traditional thinner and more supple coiled cables. It works well enough, though. Oddly enough, before I realized I should really get a fast charger for the car, I'd bought a BlackBerry -- yes, BlackBerry -- charger for the car. They were designed for the newer BB devices (so they deliver the right amperage) and Amazon is blowing them out for $13.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-29-2014 04:33 PM
    I've had the incipio charger in my car for the last 2-3 days, it works great. My commute is about 40-55 minutes and I can easily recharge a good 20%+ in that time....
    That's doesn't seem like an impressive number.. With fast charging enabled with the Incipio car fast charger, it's much much faster than that for me. 40-55 min would net me like 60%.

For the rest of this thread and people asking about cables - these are treating me very well. Just pick up one of the **28/24** gauge wires. The heavier gauge makes the difference.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=KBldSehb

I think these are available from Amazon as well.
    11-03-2014 12:08 AM
    It's my understanding that the fast charging only works to 50% battery level however even from 80%+ my N4 charges a lot faster than my S3 did. I am thrilled with both the battery life and fast charging.
    11-03-2014 08:24 AM
    It's my understanding that the fast charging only works to 50% battery level however even from 80%+ my N4 charges a lot faster than my S3 did. I am thrilled with both the battery life and fast charging.
    It should work to about 75%

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    11-03-2014 09:01 AM
    Just saw this article for the HTC version of this tech: SlashGear: HTC Rapid Charger 2.0 gives One smartphones a quick boost. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw3Kbwwh8
    11-03-2014 06:53 PM
    That's doesn't seem like an impressive number.. With fast charging enabled with the Incipio car fast charger, it's much much faster than that for me. 40-55 min would net me like 60%.

For the rest of this thread and people asking about cables - these are treating me very well. Just pick up one of the **28/24** gauge wires. The heavier gauge makes the difference.

USB 2.0 Cables - Micro-B Type

I think these are available from Amazon as well.
    Well I'm usually running Waze the entire time so....
    11-03-2014 07:57 PM
    I spoke with Samsung this morning as they do not even have adaptive chargers on their site. I was transferred to accessories where they informed me they are still waiting delivery of the chargers and they do not have an ETA- sort of ridiculous.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    11-19-2014 12:27 PM
    I ordered a few Motorola Turbo Chargers... they work fine.
    11-19-2014 08:18 PM
    Says backordered now
    My experience is to go ahead and order it now. It should be back in stock within a couple days. They'll notify you by email.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-19-2014 11:23 PM
    The fast charge is the a/c plug itself.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-19-2014 11:28 PM
    a 9V charger instead of the typical 5V charger?
    It is a dual voltage charger, and will automatically switch between voltages

11-22-2014 07:33 AM
    I want a 9v for the car.
    It's been a month has anyone found a decent 9v changer for the house as well as for thebcar? Thanks in advance
    11-24-2014 08:37 AM
    It's been a month has anyone found a decent 9v changer for the house as well as for thebcar? Thanks in advance
    I am using the Verizon fast car charger. Works as advertised and is as fast as the stock charger. It comes with an attached microusb cable. It has a light at the end of the microusb cable which is nice at night. Those that get an employee discount can probably get 25% or more off

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=gswwPw_z

4of9, delynnie and tsells like this.
    11-24-2014 08:54 AM
    I just ordered an Anker USB 2A car charger from Amazon today. I'll report back on whether it supports the fast charge.
    11-24-2014 11:32 AM
    Well I'm usually running Waze the entire time so....
    Okay, that makes WAY more sense then! I was gonna say, I can easily go from 40% battery to 85% in about 33 minutes with the stock adaptive wall charger. I was hoping to buy the Incipio car charger and was initially worried about your original post - I bought the Powermod fast charger for my car and it barely charges 21% in 30 minutes.

I've found that the fast charging when plugged to the wall is pretty fast until about the last 15-20% of battery. My Note 4 takes forever to charge the last 12%, it probably takes about half an hour. I estimate it takes around an hour and a half to an hour and 45 minutes to completely charge my phone from near dead
    DarienA likes this.
    11-24-2014 01:36 PM
    I've found that the fast charging when plugged to the wall is pretty fast until about the last 15-20% of battery. My Note 4 takes forever to charge the last 12%, it probably takes about half an hour. I estimate it takes around an hour and a half to an hour and 45 minutes to completely charge my phone from near dead
    It is designed to slow down after 75% charge, IIRC.
    11-24-2014 02:12 PM
    Okay, that makes WAY more sense then! I was gonna say, I can easily go from 40% battery to 85% in about 33 minutes with the stock adaptive wall charger. I was hoping to buy the Incipio car charger and was initially worried about your original post - I bought the Powermod fast charger for my car and it barely charges 21% in 30 minutes.

The Verizon fast car charger does about 45-48% in 30 minutes, assuming phone isn't in use. This is similar to the stock Samsung adaptive charger.

11-24-2014 03:56 PM
    I just ordered an Anker USB 2A car charger from Amazon today. I'll report back on whether it supports the fast charge.
    I have one. While it doesn't officially support Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0, it charges the device very fast. It charges about 60% per hour.
    LaTuFu likes this.
    11-24-2014 04:30 PM
    The Verizon fast car charger does about 45-48% in 30 minutes, assuming phone isn't in use. This is similar to the stock Samsung adaptive charger.
    Are you talking about this one that's listed for the S4 and Note 2?

http://www.amazon.com/Verizon-Rapid-Charger-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B00COT161M/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1416868920&sr=1-3&keywords=Verizon+fast+car+charger+note+4
    11-24-2014 05:43 PM
81 1234