07-30-2016 04:10 PM
81 1234
tools
    No, it is the one I linked to earlier in this post.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=4080423

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Attached Thumbnails It's there an aftermarket charger that supports fast charging of the Note 4?-uploadfromtaptalk1416923527549.jpg  
    jordo487 likes this.
    11-25-2014 08:52 AM
    Sorry, I didn't see the pic you posted on the previous browser I was using. Went to my local Verizon store and bought it, works great so far! Thanks!
    delynnie likes this.
    11-28-2014 02:15 AM
    Best buy's Rocketfish brand makes a 12w watt charger for both car and home, and I don't believe it costs more than $20. I've used it on my G2 and N4 with quick results. Not sure if it's faster than samsungs, but it provides good results and its easy to find.

Rocketfish™ - Micro USB Vehicle Charger
    Model: RF-MCB55S*•* SKU: 9744043
    12W of power, Along with 2.4 amps of current deliver a sustained, reliable charge to your device.

They also have a wall charger with the same out put. The car charger is only $10.
    Posted via the Android Central App
    11-28-2014 03:16 AM
    It's been a month has anyone found a decent 9v changer for the house as well as for thebcar? Thanks in advance
    Waiting for it also
    11-29-2014 07:29 AM
    Waiting for it also
    See post 51 above for an "adaptive fast charging" car charger. I just got it and it works great.
    Still no "adaptive fast charging" wall charger available yet (that I can find).
    11-29-2014 09:51 AM
    My experience is to go ahead and order it now. It should be back in stock within a couple days. They'll notify you by email.

Posted via the Android Central App
    When accessories are back-ordered, Samsung won't take an order...they have to email you when they get stock.
    11-29-2014 10:22 AM
    Ah I see the motorola turbo charger went back out of stock... glad I picked up my 2 when I did....
    11-29-2014 06:47 PM
    See post 51 above for an "adaptive fast charging" car charger. I just got it and it works great.
    Still no "adaptive fast charging" wall charger available yet (that I can find).
    Verizon has the wall charger in stock as well.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=ZZbaXHLh

tsells likes this.
    11-30-2014 02:48 AM
    When accessories are back-ordered, Samsung won't take an order...they have to email you when they get stock.
    They took my order for the extra battery/charger deal. It's not put through, but they notify you by email when it's in stock. Then you just place the order as you normally would.
    11-30-2014 02:04 PM
    My question is. what other chargers WILL work? Normally, I would take my ipad charger with me, to charge iphones, ipads, my EVO 4G LTE, other devices, just bringing required cables. That and other chargers doesn't seem to work at all with the Note 4.. is there a good solid "1 to rule them all" charger one could use? What does the note 4 require just to charge normally, not on fast charge maybe.
    12-01-2014 02:52 PM
    I'm going to be upgrading in a couple weeks from my Note 2, and was planning on getting a spare charger for the 4 when I do. I was wondering, if I got one now, how would the Note 2 handle it? Mine seems to be able to handle a good 2-2.5A of current, I've had it charge in roughly an hour from ~15%, but that was on a 3A 5v USB charger.

I assume it wouldn't be able to handle the 9v feed from an adaptive charger, and the charger would auto-throttle it to 5.5v? And I'm assuming that trying to charge my Note 4 (or 2!) with a 'plain' 9v charger would be idiotic?
    12-02-2014 01:45 AM
    I want to thank the poster for the link to get a spare Samsung cord and fast charger. This is because after a year, the cord on my old Note 2 stopped working, and I got a ten-footer from Amazon - and it was a disaster. I thought I killed my phone!

I found another very durable, very good cord, and also used a very strong charger. It would get hot, but it charged nearly as fast as my new Note 4. Pretty sure it was 9v. (I bought one of those Kindle Fire superchargers. I don't own a Fire.) As I said, it got very hot, but charged great.

That said, the most important aspect was the cord. The bum cord from Amazon caused it to discharge while plugged in. So, it's nice knowing I can get a spare.

Beware certain third-party sellers on amazon; he was bribing customers for good reviews with free "something or other." Terrible; I reported him.

Get a terrific cord! Seriously.

rjm

Sent via Tapatalk on my new Galaxy Note 4
    12-02-2014 02:19 AM
    That said, the most important aspect was the cord. The bum cord from Amazon caused it to discharge while plugged in. So, it's nice knowing I can get a spare.

Beware certain third-party sellers on amazon; he was bribing customers for good reviews with free "something or other." Terrible; I reported him.

Get a terrific cord! Seriously.

rjm

Sent via Tapatalk on my new Galaxy Note 4
    It's more importantly the 'gauge' of the wire IN the cord- the heavier the cord, the more current it can feed the phone. The cable I'm using at the moment is "18AWG", nice and heavy duty, and can feed the full amp from the stock samsung charger, and nearly 1.5A from the charger I normally use. The stock cord that came with it, barely pushes the full amp from the stock charger, and most of the other 'charging cables' I've gotten over the years handle about 1/2-3/4 that at most. The thinner and flimsier it is, the less it can handle as a general rule, though I've found some 'heavy duty' ones that are just thin ones with extra thick insulation, so you can't always judge on that alone :/

I've charged my Note 2 on a 5.0v 5A DC power supply, just fine, it seems to be able to draw about 2.1A max, though I haven't done any real testing about it. If it's on a cable that allows less than about 700ma, though, it WILL discharge on the charger, especially if the screen's on or it's doing something like playing music, etc. 850ma seems to be the break-even point for me, at least with the screen on.

I know I can hook it to a 5A charger without a problem, or a 20A one even, and it'll just draw what current it needs- voltage on the other hand, I know better, and I've seen more than one device fried by the wrong voltage- which is why I asked what i did about the Note 4's charger. I don't expect to see the same behaviour on the Note 2, but if it's ABLE to handle a 9v charging line, it'd definately affect it's charging speed for the better, too

... Ii'm just not willing to risk trying without asking around first!
    rjm_robin likes this.
    12-02-2014 03:02 AM
    I have not had any trouble with my various chargers or wires. Granted nearly everything I have is a high quality name brand charger, with a better gauge of cable. I do have a cheap cable and it slows things down tremendously. Is it possible people are attributing slow charging to no charging? I could see this happening if you were running an intensive app like Navigation with the screen bright or gaming.
    12-02-2014 10:57 AM
    No, it is the one I linked to earlier in this post.

It's there an aftermarket charger that supports fast charging of the Note 4? - Page 2 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Thanks! I actually went straight to a Verizon store and picked one of these up after returning the Powermod "Quick Charge" car charger I got from Amazon. That one didn't charge very fast, but this Verizon one charges almost as fast as the stock Samsung adaptive wall charger!

Plus, I like that I can walk into a Verizon store if anything goes wrong with this charger within the 1 year manufacturer warranty period.
    delynnie likes this.
    12-03-2014 01:03 PM
    I actually have usb charger and usb car charger that supports quick charge 2.0, if anyone want to have this tested or reviewed please PM me.
    12-13-2014 10:04 PM
    Hi just wondering if you thought this would be a good charger... I'm not able to post the link as this is my first post. I'm in Canada so I can't get a Verizon one from a store... I could order one from eBay buy they're pricey.

This one I found on Amazon. Ca:
    CHOE 51W 4 Port Intelligent Quick Charger Multi USB Adaptive Fast Car Charger With Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 and Auto Detect Technology for Any USB-Powered Device

It's $23.99

Also would I need to buy a higher gauge usb cable or would one I have work ok with this?
    01-12-2015 11:37 AM
    Ordered mine from Verizon as I get a decent Employee Discount!

Verizon Wall Charger with Fast Charge Technology for micro USB
    Quantity: 1
    SUBTOTAL:$34.99
    TOTAL EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT: - $8.75
    SHIPPING FREE!
    CA LOCAL SALES TAX: $0.46
    CA STATE SALES TAX: $1.64
    Total: $28.34
    01-12-2015 03:07 PM
    I picked up few official Samsung adaptive chargers from att for $15 a pop on sale a while back. Personally I prefer to use genuine which was why I waited for a sale.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    01-12-2015 04:09 PM
    Says backordered now
    If you fill out the back order notification info, they will notify you when it's available. I had to do that for the spare battery pack, and the wait wasn't very long.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-12-2015 05:05 PM
    01-13-2015 02:49 AM
    I have one of these Anker chargers and don't find it does the fast charge process. Charges fine, just now "fast charge"
    01-13-2015 09:40 AM
    > I've had the incipio charger in my car for the last 2-3 days, it works great.
    > My commute is about 40-55 minutes and I can easily recharge a good 20%+ in that time

That's not "adaptive fast charge", my Samsung charger can do 100% for my Note 4 in that same drive time.

What tells the phone that the charger is "adaptive"? I originally thought it was just the cable having its data pins shorted, but using the same cable on my generic 2 amp charger doesn't work, while using a generic cable on my name-brand charger does.
    03-10-2015 04:38 PM
    The charger has to support fast charging.

03-10-2015 05:37 PM
    > I've had the incipio charger in my car for the last 2-3 days, it works great.
    > My commute is about 40-55 minutes and I can easily recharge a good 20%+ in that time

That's not "adaptive fast charge", my Samsung charger can do 100% for my Note 4 in that same drive time.

What tells the phone that the charger is "adaptive"? I originally thought it was just the cable having its data pins shorted, but using the same cable on my generic 2 amp charger doesn't work, while using a generic cable on my name-brand charger does.
    There are two kinds of "fast" charging - one is the type that can go above the USB spec as you have described above. Shorting out the data pins allows the device to pull more power than it would from a regular USB port, which aren't designed for a high draw. Good chargers will short out the data pins to tell the phone that it's connected to a dedicated charger (as opposed to a USB port), eliminating the need for a special cable.

The other is technologies like "Samsung adaptive fast charge" or Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 (both of which are supported by the Note 4). In addition to the standard 5V most chargers provide, "adaptive fast charging" can also increase the amperage to (in this case) 9V. This allows a battery designed to handle it can recharge much more quickly.
    03-10-2015 08:12 PM
81 1234