It's there an aftermarket charger that supports fast charging of the Note 4?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's been a month has anyone found a decent 9v changer for the house as well as for thebcar? Thanks in advance
I am using the Verizon fast car charger. Works as advertised and is as fast as the stock charger. It comes with an attached microusb cable. It has a light at the end of the microusb cable which is nice at night. Those that get an employee discount can probably get 25% or more off

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...arge-technology-for-micro-usb/&token=AEUKo6F6

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered an Anker USB 2A car charger from Amazon today. I'll report back on whether it supports the fast charge.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm usually running Waze the entire time so....

Okay, that makes WAY more sense then! I was gonna say, I can easily go from 40% battery to 85% in about 33 minutes with the stock adaptive wall charger. I was hoping to buy the Incipio car charger and was initially worried about your original post - I bought the Powermod fast charger for my car and it barely charges 21% in 30 minutes.

I've found that the fast charging when plugged to the wall is pretty fast until about the last 15-20% of battery. My Note 4 takes forever to charge the last 12%, it probably takes about half an hour. I estimate it takes around an hour and a half to an hour and 45 minutes to completely charge my phone from near dead

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I've found that the fast charging when plugged to the wall is pretty fast until about the last 15-20% of battery. My Note 4 takes forever to charge the last 12%, it probably takes about half an hour. I estimate it takes around an hour and a half to an hour and 45 minutes to completely charge my phone from near dead

It is designed to slow down after 75% charge, IIRC.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay, that makes WAY more sense then! I was gonna say, I can easily go from 40% battery to 85% in about 33 minutes with the stock adaptive wall charger. I was hoping to buy the Incipio car charger and was initially worried about your original post - I bought the Powermod fast charger for my car and it barely charges 21% in 30 minutes.

The Verizon fast car charger does about 45-48% in 30 minutes, assuming phone isn't in use. This is similar to the stock Samsung adaptive charger.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered an Anker USB 2A car charger from Amazon today. I'll report back on whether it supports the fast charge.

I have one. While it doesn't officially support Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0, it charges the device very fast. It charges about 60% per hour.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416923527549.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416923527549.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 262

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't see the pic you posted on the previous browser I was using. Went to my local Verizon store and bought it, works great so far! Thanks!

Jastow

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Best buy's Rocketfish brand makes a 12w watt charger for both car and home, and I don't believe it costs more than $20. I've used it on my G2 and N4 with quick results. Not sure if it's faster than samsungs, but it provides good results and its easy to find.

Rocketfish™ - Micro USB Vehicle Charger
Model: RF-MCB55S*•* SKU: 9744043
12W of power, Along with 2.4 amps of current deliver a sustained, reliable charge to your device.

They also have a wall charger with the same out put. The car charger is only $10.
Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My experience is to go ahead and order it now. It should be back in stock within a couple days. They'll notify you by email.

Posted via the Android Central App

When accessories are back-ordered, Samsung won't take an order...they have to email you when they get stock.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
When accessories are back-ordered, Samsung won't take an order...they have to email you when they get stock.

They took my order for the extra battery/charger deal. It's not put through, but they notify you by email when it's in stock. Then you just place the order as you normally would.

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
My question is. what other chargers WILL work? Normally, I would take my ipad charger with me, to charge iphones, ipads, my EVO 4G LTE, other devices, just bringing required cables. That and other chargers doesn't seem to work at all with the Note 4.. is there a good solid "1 to rule them all" charger one could use? What does the note 4 require just to charge normally, not on fast charge maybe.