Note 4 How to turn off Burst shot?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to turn off Burst shot?

Don't think so. You have to hold it for a good 2 seconds or so to initiate it.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Don't think so. You have to hold it for a good 2 seconds or so to initiate it.

This is just Stupid then ... I want an option to turn it off like in other Samsung PHones ... I am fine with them adding stuff but please give me an option to turn them off in Camera setting really?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This is just Stupid then ... I want an option to turn it off like in other Samsung PHones ... I am fine with them adding stuff but please give me an option to turn them off in Camera setting really?

/shrug. I can't say.. You'd have to ask them. For me it isn't so bad since you have to hold down.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

I posted your question in the Samsung Experts area of AT&T's forum. I'll let you know what they say.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

My Note 4 is on T-Mobile, too. I'll try whatever they say first and if it doesn't work, I'll ask about the different carriers' versions.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

So far, the answer is below. I posted a follow-up question for clarity.

"Thanks for swinging by! If you press the shutter button once, this will allow you to take one picture at a time. An alternative would be turning on the Volume Key option to take pictures.

Burst mode is by default, turned on for your phone. To activate it, press and hold your shutter button. This will allow you to take up to 30 pictures rapidly. We do this so you won't miss a thing!"

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

So far, the answer is below. I posted a follow-up question for clarity.

"Thanks for swinging by! If you press the shutter button once, this will allow you to take one picture at a time. An alternative would be turning on the Volume Key option to take pictures.

Burst mode is by default, turned on for your phone. To activate it, press and hold your shutter button. This will allow you to take up to 30 pictures rapidly. We do this so you won't miss a thing!"
Wow that answer is dumb... Isn't the reason I have android is because of choice? I want an option to turn it off. Seriously with that response I feel like returning it out of spite and pre order a nexus 6. Thanks for the help but Damn I find that stupid almost Verizon stupid lol

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

The clarified response is below. More clarity may be coming later, as someone else already asked about the different versions of the Note 4.

"That's correct, Burst Mode cannot be turned off. Thanks for this feedback though, we'll definitely forward this onward to our software development team."

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

The clarified response is below. More clarity may be coming later, as someone else already asked about the different versions of the Note 4.

"That's correct, Burst Mode cannot be turned off. Thanks for this feedback though, we'll definitely forward this onward to our software development team."
Well that's dumb I am about to pack my note 4 back and return it lol. I want to turn it off.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I'll return it because they think it is a feature I want and won't give me an option to turn this feature off

Well I guess if you want to return it for that.. Well it's your decision :). I don't see you finding a phone though that will let you customize every option.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Well I guess if you want to return it for that it's your decision :). I don't see you finding a phone though that will let you customize every option.
It's principle at this point. Calling is a feature I want and don't give me an option to turn it off specially something like burst mode....

anon(5503495)

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

It's principle at this point. Calling is a feature I want and don't give me an option to turn it off specially something like burst mode....

Pathetic. Return it then. There are people that want and are waiting for this phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Pathetic. Return it then. There are people that want and are waiting for this phone.

Posted via Android Central App
Pathetic I want to return a phone that should have basic features like turning off burst mode? It was I every other phone but decide to take it out of the note 4?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Pathetic I want to return a phone that should have basic features like turning off burst mode? It was I every other phone but decide to take it out of the note 4?

If you feel that way and it really bothers you I'd suggest returning and nabbing something else that works for you.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

If you feel that way and it really bothers you I'd suggest returning and nabbing something else that works for you.
This is just me more ranting.... Don't feel angry enough to ship it back in the mail yet lol. Still a dumb idea