04-05-2018 09:34 AM
37 12
tools
    Just received my AT&T Note 4 today, and have been having the most bizarre issue. Upon receiving the phone, I immediately used my Cricket/AIO SIM card, as it works on ATT phones without problems. It seems to work on the Note 4 just fine, including MMS, regular SMS, and LTE. However, when I make a phone call, the call will only last between 1-4 minutes before it drops, and the reception bars change to no signal. Sometimes, I get lucky and can get a call going longer than that, but it's very rare. Wait about 15 seconds, and signal is restored as if nothing happened.

I decided to use the AT&T SIM I received with the phone, and still have the same issue. It's definitely not a network problem in my area, as I am able to use these SIM cards in my older Note II without any problems whatsoever. Has anyone else encountered this problem? It feels so situational so I'm skeptical about it being a bad unit. If this is an isolated case, then it seems like I have to exchange the phone tomorrow. Really bummed about it today.
    10-17-2014 12:55 AM
    U have cricket.............. Enough said

Posted via Android Central App
    tclementi1 likes this.
    10-17-2014 01:02 AM
    I have the same issue with mine Tmobile tons of drop calls my previous iPhone not one dropped call
    10-17-2014 01:48 AM
    Being on Cricket isn't the cause of this specific issue. I'm having the same exact issue with my AT&T SIM card that came with the phone. I'll be going to my local AT&T store to exchange it for a new device, here's hoping they don't sell out. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same issues I've had. It's very strange that service completely drops only when initiating phone calls...
    10-17-2014 06:52 AM
    I actually get better signal strength than I did on my G3. Very strong. No dropped calls and fast internet speeds. I'm sorry you are having trouble with your new phone.
    10-17-2014 07:18 AM
    I went to the AT&T store early this morning before they opened, and managed to exchange it for a brand new one. Absolutely no calling issues so far with the replacement, so it seems like I just had a bad phone. Crisis averted!
    tclementi1 and GregMargie like this.
    10-17-2014 04:00 PM
    Same issues here 1-4minutes but I do notice the calls drop in transition to other cell signals also it simply loses signal. Shipping mine back to T-mobile tomorrow.
    10-25-2014 12:30 AM
    I too have been experiencing the Galaxy Note 4 dropped calls on a consistent basis. Somewhere in between 1-5 minutes my call is guaranteed to be dropped weather making or receiving a call. I still possess a Galaxy Note 3 and never experience this problem. I was so sure at first that it was everyone else that I communicated with on the phone that had the problem but after reading the Note 4 complaints I now sing a very different tune. I think that The iPhone 6 Plus is in my line of sight and I'm about to press AT&T to exchange phones because it's obviously a production/assembly line malfunction.. I will keep you posted!!

Jae Vince
    12-10-2014 04:38 PM
    I have had the note 4 since release and ill be honest I can't remember a single time I dropped a call.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-10-2014 04:57 PM
    No dropped calls on AT&T here.
    12-10-2014 07:04 PM
    I have been having this problem since the day the phone released and I got it (2 months ago now). Had AT&T swap out my sim and made no difference, I guess I'll seek a warranty exchange.

Alan
    12-15-2014 02:18 PM
    My fiancé and I got our phones the same day. His drops calls constantly, mine doesn't at all. He's going to get a replacement this week since they said it was probably a bad SIM card and that hasn't proven to be the case.
    12-15-2014 02:35 PM
    Never have dropped a call.

12-15-2014 06:48 PM
    I have AT&T and converted from iphone to the Note 4. I've never had a problem with dropped calls on the iphone, but almost from day one, I've had dropped call issues on the Note 4. It seemed to go away for awhile, so I didn't return the phone, but now it's been doing it a lot lately and it's really annoying. Usually the call drops within the first minute. I very rarely see more than 3 bars on the signal, and the bars seem to drop down when i hold the phone to my ear. I hope it's not something similar to the iPhone 5 problems when it came out when people were squeezing it too hard. I like the Note 4 a lot, and I'm mostly happy that I switched, but my wife who is still on her iPhone 5S hates my phone now because the calls constantly drop when she calls.
    The phone will go from 3 bars to having the No Signal icon, and just cut off the conversation. I'm hoping this is just a bad run of units and not a major design flaw. I guess we'll see.

Thanks for posting this - when I first go the phone I couldn't find anyone else with the problem, but I suspect the number of people with this issue will increase.

I'm going back to AT&T to try to get a new phone after I back up mine.
    Very annoying.
    12-17-2014 05:18 PM
    No problems here.

Posted from my Note 4 baby.
    12-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Mine does it sometimes.

12-18-2014 12:33 AM
    Mine has been dropping mostly during the first one to two minutes on a call. I just got it two weeks ago and it happens constantly. It happens in multiple areas, and happens at least 50% of the time. It will also go to "no mobile network found" all the time. Looks like I'm going back to Best Buy to exchange it. AT&T said there are no problems they can see.

01-01-2015 07:27 AM
    I have the Note 4 and really love it's capabilities. However, it seems like I notice a lot of reported issues with this phone.

Frome this, dropped call issue, to phones shipping with cracked camera glass, volume problems, and cameras that don't want to focus. I, myself, had the latter issue. I had to return the phone for a replacement and have discovered no new issues as of yet, thankfully.

I don't recall reading of all $800 flagships having all these different issues. Am I just being overly sensitive because I love my phone and am reading through the forums on it OR did Samsung drop the ball on quality control with the Note 4? Does the G3 and iPhone 6+, etc. (markedly less expensive too) have as many reported issues?

I feel like we have one of the most expensive handsets you can buy. Quality-control should be paramount with the Note 4...better than the rest when a handset costs so much more than its competition yet I keep reading of strange new Note 4 problems.

Interesting to say the least...but I love my heavy Note 4.

💸 from the S5 💸 🔋📱
    01-01-2015 07:44 AM
    Not one dropped call yet. On Verizon

01-01-2015 08:55 AM
    Not one dropped call yet. On Verizon

Me neither, but apparently, a lot of others are.

💸 from the S5 💸 🔋📱
    01-01-2015 08:58 AM
    I'm on AT&T and I find call quality and reliability to be far above what I experienced with my GS3. I'm very happy with the phone in this phone.

I may have to make that my new signature.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    01-01-2015 11:14 AM
    AT&T Note 4 -
    I can say that I picked up a Note 4 on 12/31 and while I'm sitting at my house and calling i get dropped calls all the time. Sometimes that person never even hears the ring(I know this because I'm calling my daughter sitting next to me). She has an iPhone5c and hasn't gotten a single dropped call. The phone will go into the no network while ringing the other phone.

AT&T has been called and I've actually reported(they said the first time that the phone for some reason hadn't released the tower and I'm in an area that it could be on either one). I understand that but I'm not calling them multiple times a day or turning off and on the phone to do that(it's not a blackberry). I have a Note 2 that is a unlocked one from Verizon and it works fine after I set it up with the same SIM so I think it's the Note 4

I'm going to the local AT&T store today to switch out the device, if this doesn't work then I'll have to try the iPhone6+ or something else and I really don't want an iPhone.
    01-02-2015 04:58 AM
    AT&T Note 4 -
    I can say that I picked up a Note 4 on 12/31 and while I'm sitting at my house and calling i get dropped calls all the time....

(Snipped to save space)

I'm going to the local AT&T store today to switch out the device, if this doesn't work then I'll have to try the iPhone6+ or something else and I really don't want an iPhone.
    That must be frustrating. However, your options aren't limited to an iPhone. If a replacement Note 4 doesn't do the trick and you desire a phablet you could go with a G3, Nexus 6, or other device.

from the IV✒
    01-02-2015 05:32 AM
    I have had my Note 4 since the day of launch and I don't recall ever dropping a call. I am on AT&T and find the call quality to be outstanding. All phone have their issues. I switch phone once or twice a year. I have had the LG G3, Galaxy S5, S4 and S3 when they launched and I can tell you from experience, ALL phones have their issues. When you come to a forum you will find reports of issues people are having so that they may get input from other users who have seen and fixed that problem, but out of the millions sold, the minute number of problems being reported is nothing at all to condemn the line for.
    01-02-2015 05:46 AM
    I have the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and I am having the same problem. Sprint is my carrier. I have exchanged the phone thinking that it was an issue with the device itself but that doesn't seem to be the case because its happening even on the new device. I am very frustrated because this phone cost over $800 to be dealing with dropped calls. I had the Note 3 before this and my husband currently has the Note 4 and he is not having these issues. I'm not sure what to do at this point but I am very frustrated.
    01-08-2015 06:20 PM
37 12