Note 4 Question about adaptive fast charging

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Question about adaptive fast charging

I think I read in the manual, that the fast charging doesn't fast charge when the phone is in use?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yep! It just won't charge as fast.. But it's still fine to use :).

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I saw posted that the phone will make use of whatever current it has and that a faster 2amp charger still charges faster than the previous or similar phones.

But yes, to maximize the fast charge the screen should be off. But no matter how you cut it, this baby charges quick. No matter the circumstances.

Posted via the Android Central App

buffybaskey

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

Hello, I was wondering If anyone knew if I could use the fast charge with my other notes? The note 8 and note 2, or would it damage the battery? Thanks

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Hello, I was wondering If anyone knew if I could use the fast charge with my other notes? The note 8 and note 2, or would it damage the battery? Thanks

Nope, you can't. The Note 4 has specific hardware that enables fast charging.

Well he could use it to charge his other phones.. It just won't take advantage of the fast charging.

Buffy it'll be fine.. The battery won't be damaged. The battery will only allow whatever it can handle for the charge.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

I saw posted that the phone will make use of whatever current it has and that a faster 2amp charger still charges faster than the previous or similar phones.

But yes, to maximize the fast charge the screen should be off. But no matter how you cut it, this baby charges quick. No matter the circumstances.

Posted via the Android Central App

The charger that I brought that's specifically for Samsung doesn't work with the note 4

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4

GeekNews

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

The charger that I brought that's specifically for Samsung doesn't work with the note 4

The Note 4 has a unique charger, so you need to use the one specific to it. However, that doesn't mean older chargers shouldn't still work at least from my understanding they still should. They'll just be charging at 'normal' speeds.

dency45

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

You cant use the fast charge but you can use it to charge your other notes.

Posted via Note4

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

The Note 4 has a unique charger, so you need to use the one specific to it. However, that doesn't mean older chargers shouldn't still work at least from my understanding they still should. They'll just be charging at 'normal' speeds.

The rockfish charger that's specifically for Samsung didn't work for my note 4

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
For the Note 4, do you have to use the fast adaptive charger or can you also use the regular chargers from previous Note models?

You can use any Micro Usb charger
but when you use the Samsung charger which comes with your Note 4
You have to ON the feature of Fast Charge which is built in the Note 4 works only on the Note 4 & Edge for now

which is a pretty good feature

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been curious as to why Samsung hasn't (at least when I last checked) been selling extra Fast Chargers on their accessories site. I have a number of regular 2.0 amp chargers floating around, but it'd be nice to have an extra Fast Charger or two. Plus one for the car now that I think about it. That's probably the one place I could use it most of all. (As I always have with my phones' OEM chargers, my Fast Charger is kept in my bedroom for charging overnight -- which is probably the place I need it least of all.)

My understanding is that the rapid charging is based on Qualcomm's Quick Charge 2.0 technology, which I imagine would mean you could use any Quick Charge 2.0 compatible charger. I found this one on Amazon for $20, but there are no reviews and no indication that it would as a rapid charger with the Note 4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay