07-20-2016 06:12 PM
85 1234
tools
    Hmmm...I seriously just got this phone last week. I recently switched from Iphone to android and this makes me worried. Maybe I'll go and exchange for another and see if that one does it.
    I would. If it continues to get hot while charging I would exchange it without hesitation.
    01-12-2015 11:13 AM
    01-13-2015 02:53 AM
    Can we use this USB to fast charge our Note ?
    Anker® 40W 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology

Thanks
    No. You can use it to charge but it does not have the technology for fast charging.
    ilordvader likes this.
    01-13-2015 05:21 AM
    No. You can use it to charge but it does not have the technology for fast charging.
    Can you please tell me if there is any other Dual USB Charger which will do that ?

Thanks
    01-31-2015 05:17 AM
    My "Fast Charging" option is greyed out and checked, but it is not on...?

How come I can't turn it on?
    Cut it off before you plug in your charger ☺
    02-08-2015 09:40 PM
    Still looking for a USB charger or other Travel type
    which has the technology for fast charging
    02-20-2015 01:28 PM
    Can i use note 4 fast charger on my note edge?
    02-22-2015 11:56 PM
    Can i use note 4 fast charger on my note edge?
    Yes. They are the same charger. I use the Note 4 charger for my Edge every day. I left the other charger in the box since I never have to charge both phones at the same time.
    02-23-2015 01:24 AM
    goto qualcomm dot com forward slash
    /products/snapdragon/quick-charge
    It shows the note 4 as compatible I wonder if its the same.
    02-23-2015 07:56 AM
    Has anyone have this issue? When charging on adaptive charging and using phone my phone gets really hot at 122 degrees. Then the screen would dim.
    No. This is an indication that something is probably wrong with yours. If it's still in the exchange period, exchange it. Mine gets warm when fast-charging and using it at the same time, but never what I'd call "hot" and the screen never dims. In the meantime, do not use the fast charger or turn fast-charging off to be safe.
    02-23-2015 09:45 AM
    goto qualcomm dot com forward slash
    /products/snapdragon/quick-charge
    It shows the note 4 as compatible I wonder if its the same.
    The Note 4 uses a Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 charger. Any Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 compliant charger is compatible with the Note 4 and should provide full Quick Charge capability.

Your mileage may vary if you buy the "Amazing Super Sparky Quallllcom Quikkk Charger Two charge you phone super super fast now with magic-marker QuickCharge Logo added!" for thirty cents plus twelve dollars shipping from "Super Sparkey's Amazing Charge Shop Direct", of course. But any quality-built QuickCharge 2.0-compliant charger should do just fine.
    02-23-2015 09:52 AM
    My "Fast Charging" option is greyed out and checked, but it is not on...?

How come I can't turn it on?
    To check or uncheck the Fast Charging option, the charging cable has to be unplugged. I learned that after trying to turn on Fast Charging right after plugging into the charger that came with my awesome, awe inspiring, lightning fast, beautiful Samsung Galaxy Note 4 😉

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-23-2015 09:54 AM
    Hmmm...I seriously just got this phone last week. I recently switched from Iphone to android and this makes me worried. Maybe I'll go and exchange for another and see if that one does it.
    The only time my Note 4 got hot while charging was when I had the "Fast Charging" box checked, but I wasn't using the charger that came with the phone. I unplugged the charger, unchecked the box, plugged charger back in, and the phone started cooling down. I hope your issues are resolved by now.

02-23-2015 10:02 AM
    It also happening to me right now! My phone isn't charging that fast. Help.
    Have you gone into Settings/Battery and looked to see if the "Fast Charging" box is checked or unchecked?

02-23-2015 10:27 AM
    Can you please tell me if there is any other Dual USB Charger which will do that ?

Thanks
    A dual-USB charger is going to be tricky to find if you want both ports to support QuickCharge 2.0. 9V @ 2A times two ports is a lot of heat to dissipate.

There are quite a few that have one QuickCharge port and one or more non-QC ports. Example:

http://www.amazon.com/Onite-Essentia...cUvbUpU4247989

But your safest bet if you want two QC2 ports is to buy two single-port ones and an inexpensive extension cord or wall multiplug. Each QC2 port would then have its own dedicated heat dissipation.
    02-23-2015 12:12 PM
    The Puregear Extreme USB car charger has Qualcomm 2.0 quick charge. I bought one and tried it out, works great. My note4 comes up with the message "Adaptive fast charger connected"
    02-25-2015 12:40 PM
    I found a fast Adaptive Charger on Amazon that was an OEM from Samsung, it was $15, I wasn't sure at first if it would work with my Note 4 but I purposely let my phone get to 6% to see how it would do, well in about 45 minutes it was fully charged. Now one thing that really scared me was the charger got really hot so I guess it pulling overtime to get my Note 4 charged pretty quick.
    03-04-2015 09:42 AM
    I found a fast Adaptive Charger on Amazon that was an OEM from Samsung, it was $15, I wasn't sure at first if it would work with my Note 4 but I purposely let my phone get to 6% to see how it would do, well in about 45 minutes it was fully charged. Now one thing that really scared me was the charger got really hot so I guess it pulling overtime to get my Note 4 charged pretty quick.
    I would only recommend it if it was sold directly by Amazon and not by a third party.
    03-04-2015 09:47 AM
    Can you use the Motorola turbo charger?
    03-04-2015 01:05 PM
    Can you use the Motorola turbo charger?
    I don't see why not. Motorola also uses Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0, I believe. That means when you plug the cable into your phone and your phone sends a signal saying "Are you QC 2.0? I can haz 9 volts?", and the Turbo Charger will hear the request and boost to 9V. At some point, the battery will get close to full, and the phone will ask the charger to step back down to 5V to complete the charge at a more battery-friendly pace.

It is perfectly safe to plug your phone into a non-QC2 charger, because your phone will ask, the charger won't have any clue anything is being asked, and you'll just keep getting 5V.

It is perfectly safe to plug a non-QC2 phone into a QC2 charger, because the charger will wait for the phone to ask for more voltage, not hear anything, and continue to feed 5V.
    03-04-2015 02:35 PM
    No, you cannot use the QI Wireless chargers with the fast charging. It's not capable of the fast charging & could also make your device get very hot & over heat!

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!
    03-04-2015 05:29 PM
    My box is checked for fast charging. Brand new phone. I ran it down to 1%, and then plugged in after turning the phone off. It took about 20 minutes just to get to 5-10%. My note 3 would charge fully in about 45 min when the phone was off. Anyone know what's going on here? Is it because I didn't fully charge the battery before I used the phone? Faulty charger? I loved the batter and big charging port on the note 3, but am very dissapointed with the note 4's ability to charge, especially since its a major selling point for them.
    04-16-2015 11:01 AM
    If your phone isn't charging properly with the Adaptive charger and it is still covered under the Samsung 1 year warranty then you should take it back to your service provider for a NEW Replacement (don't let them give you a REFURBISHED phone because Samsung will replace it with a NEW phone).

If you need a good wall or car charger you can purchase a Samsung Adaptive wall or car charger on eBay but make sure you type Adaptive in the search field, ie: (Samsung OEM Adaptive (wall or car) charger) if you don't it wont activate the Adaptive chip in you phone.

Alternative for you car is a Qmadix 3.4 amp or 4.0 amp charger with the Qualcomm chip in it, it also has and extra usb port on it for a friend to plug into it while you are driving and will charge both phones. Don't use the cheap after market chargers as they do work but do not give a good steady charge and over time will ruin your battery. I think I paid like $28.00 for mine at an "Authorized Verizon Dealer". The regular Verizon Corporate stores only sell a Verizon Charger and they are not good.

You can also purchased an external Samsung external charger and battery (with hard plastic battery carrying case) on eBay for $22.44 with free shipping. It doesn't have the adaptive chip in it but you can use a regular 1.0amp or 2.0 amp Samsung charger for use with it.

Remember to NOT use a cheap charger as over time it will ruin your battery.

Thanks,
    Rob
    04-26-2015 02:57 AM
    Running your battery to 1% will effect the battery in two ways: 1st it will keep your battery from fully charging and 2nd it will drastically shorten your battery life and cause it to rapid discharge. If you battery is good and your adaptive charger is working a 30 minute charge should give you 58% battery.
    04-26-2015 03:01 AM
    I wonder if anyone could help me please? I recently left my fast charger at a hotel, i collected it today and I don't think it's mine, it doesn't say fast charge when I plug it in anymore and the output says 5v - 2.0A can anyone confirm this for me before I ring to complain please? Thank you.
    06-15-2015 09:14 AM
85 1234