Note 4 Question about adaptive fast charging

icanfly77

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
What about the battery charger you can buy? I guess it wont have the hardware to support the fast charging? So in that case its no difference if I just use a Samsung 2amp normal charger with it?

Cheers

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
What about the battery charger you can buy? I guess it wont have the hardware to support the fast charging? So in that case its no difference if I just use a Samsung 2amp normal charger with it?

Cheers
Yeah I use an extra 2A samsung charger. Takes about 2 hours for a full charge using the battery charger

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
My "Fast Charging" option is greyed out and checked, but it is not on...?
How come I can't turn it on?
Is it grayed all the time or when charging? I believe it is grayed while charging.
Also if you are using a power saving mode, I heard that may disable it but I don't know why.
Good Luck!
Ron

Last edited:

tjdionson

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I have an issue with my adaptive fast charging. When turn fast charging is turned on, I noticed that when I plug in my charger there is a little notification that says "adaptive fast charging". But on 2 occasions after using allcast app and my battery level was around 10-20%, it no longer "fast" charges. I've reset, turned off the phone, power saving turned off, and still not luck. After 4 hours charging my battery level is only at 80%. I've reset my phone already to factory, but still took a couple of times unplugging and plugging the charger to get the "fast" charging to work again. It was charging fine until yesterday again. Any thoughts?

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I have an issue with my adaptive fast charging. When turn fast charging is turned on, I noticed that when I plug in my charger there is a little notification that says "adaptive fast charging". But on 2 occasions after using allcast app and my battery level was around 10-20%, it no longer "fast" charges. I've reset, turned off the phone, power saving turned off, and still not luck. After 4 hours charging my battery level is only at 80%. I've reset my phone already to factory, but still took a couple of times unplugging and plugging the charger to get the "fast" charging to work again. It was charging fine until yesterday again. Any thoughts?
Try another cord and if available another charger brick with your cord.
If those fail try another battery. I hope you have a friend with another Note 4. :)
Good Luck!
Ron

Kamal Marjit

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
check on the qualcomm adaptive fast charging on their website

Qualcomm site says - its backward compatible - so you can use this for other products running on the 800 processor - it won't damage the product - but yes - it won't charge fast either:'(

rhuzel24

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Try another cord and if available another charger brick with your cord.
If those fail try another battery. I hope you have a friend with another Note 4. :)
Good Luck!
Ron

It also happening to me right now! My phone isn't charging that fast. Help.

rhuzel24

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I experiencing it right now, do you have any more suggestions to fix that?? Coz, I have done that already but still im suffering from slow charging. :( help. Thanks.

Danny Huynh

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem..its annoying as hell cause you see the fast charging bolt for a split 2 secs....then it disappears...
ive tried unplugging...replugging...plugging it in half way...all the way...changing cords...and plugging into different outlets...
please....for the love of kimchi....will samsung come up with an answer for us

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
The notification only displays when you first plug it in for a couple of seconds. Then on you assume you are fast charging. To make sure and get comparisons, get the Galaxy Charging Current App. The free version will tell you charging mA. Check it after it has been plugged in about a minute. The battery settles in a little.
Good Luck!
Ron

Jose Bonet

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
for those of you saying that you can use the charger and cable from the note 3 on the note 4 ..at least for me is not true...the connection on my Note 4 doesn't allow for the old Note 3 Cable to connect...AM I missing something?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
for those of you saying that you can use the charger and cable from the note 3 on the note 4 ..at least for me is not true...the connection on my Note 4 doesn't allow for the old Note 3 Cable to connect...AM I missing something?

No one said you can use the cable. You can use the charger. The Note 4 doesn't have a USB 3.0 port so you can't fit a 3.0 cable.

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
The gf upgraded to the s5 last month. Hers has a port for 2.1 and another 2.4 amps. Her s5 does some serious fast charging.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes