what do you think of this article ( qhd screens and quick charge)

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
It is true. More display resolution WILL eat more power. Charging the battery quicker WILL shorten the battery life.

But I'm not concerned.

In the Note 4 they are using a processor that consumes a bit less. The display may take a bit more. Everything that I have read implies the battery life is as good, or better, than the Note 3. So I'm OK with that. Also, in the case of AMOLED, from what I understand, the higher resolution ALSO gives you a brighter display, more pixels = more light, so that is good.
As for the quick charger, I will put it in the drawer and likely never use it. I still use an old Blackberry charger on my S4, and plan to typically use it for my daily slow overnight charge. That generates little heat, so does less harm to the battery.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You'll be fine. If anything happens to the battery you can always snag another one.. But that wouldn't be for a good long while :).

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Who knows if it's true. I'm certainly not concerned.
I'll be using 2 other batteries in rotation and doubt I'll still be using my Note 4 after 2 years.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Huawei: QHD screens are 'nonsense' | TechRadar

It's not a brand new article.. but I happened to stumble upon it... when I heard about quick charge, I immediately thought that it wasn't good for the battery.... but... my tech knowledge is limited... I've only "heard" things.....

Anyone concerned?
Simple answer i just buy a new battery then. That's why I love Samsung devices. Though I also go through phones like crazy so it doesn't matter really lol. The Longest I ever had the same phone was my iPhone 4 at 20 months.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It is true. More display resolution WILL eat more power. Charging the battery quicker WILL shorten the battery life.

But I'm not concerned.

In the Note 4 they are using a processor that consumes a bit less. The display may take a bit more. Everything that I have read implies the battery life is as good, or better, than the Note 3. So I'm OK with that. Also, in the case of AMOLED, from what I understand, the higher resolution ALSO gives you a brighter display, more pixels = more light, so that is good.
As for the quick charger, I will put it in the drawer and likely never use it. I still use an old Blackberry charger on my S4, and plan to typically use it for my daily slow overnight charge. That generates little heat, so does less harm to the battery.
I had about the same if not a bit better battery life with my note 4 as my note 3 and this was before t-mobile gave me an update

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I trust the Samsung engineers know what they are doing with the battery. In theory, the battery life may be shortened, but by how much? From 20 years to 10 years? I will charge with quick charge every time. No worries here!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I trust the Samsung engineers know what they are doing with the battery. In theory, the battery life may be shortened, but by how much? From 20 years to 10 years? I will charge with quick charge every time. No worries here!

More reasonable numbers would be 5 years versus 4 years.
Still no worries.
I often need a bright display as a GPS in direct sunlight, with a fast charger. That gets the phone and battery hot. I know it is bad for the battery, so I use a bit of caution. But that is one of the uses I have for the phone, so I still do it, and don't really worry about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power