05-01-2017 05:30 AM
757 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Samsung 64gb pro
    qbnkelt likes this.
    10-23-2014 12:26 PM
    I picked mine up about 90 minutes ago from BB (VzW-pre-ordered). Everything went very smoothly, and I was in and out in about 45 minutes. Frankly 15 minutes of that was the BB rep on the phone with VzW activating the phone on one of my upgrade lines then transferring it to my line so I can retain unlimited data. As part of the trade-in program I turned in an old Palm Treo and was given the full $200 for it, which was awesome as well.

Though I've had limited time with it I am very impressed with the phone thus far. I'm a little overwhelmed presently as I'm coming from an iPhone 5 that I've had for more than 2 years, but I'm sure over the next few days I'll get more comfortable with it. I'll be perusing these forums regularly over that time so I can learn from the more learned Note series folks.
    10-23-2014 12:31 PM
    FedEx dropped mine off about 30 minutes ago. It is glorious. Loving it so far. Now back to playing with it
    qbnkelt likes this.
    10-23-2014 02:06 PM
    Just picked up my charcoal Vz from BB. What a beauty!
    10-23-2014 02:43 PM
    They are slick devices aren't they?

Written by the mighty S-pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!
    zmann likes this.
    10-23-2014 02:43 PM
    Got it! Can't activate till tomorrow 😣. Daughter has a band event. We're on our way now and my account is so screwy (switched lines on edge etc) that I have to wait till tomorrow to call Verizon. I can plug it in and just charge it before activating right? ?
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4:  I Got Mine !!-1414090552614.jpg  
    10-23-2014 02:56 PM
    Does anyone else think it actually looks smaller than note 3? I'm kind of bummed it didn't go bigger
    10-23-2014 02:57 PM
    Does anyone else think it actually looks smaller than note 3? I'm kind of bummed it didn't go bigger
    I was hoping that they would go 6 inches.

10-23-2014 02:58 PM
    They are slick devices aren't they?

Yes, indeed

I was hoping that they would go 6 inches.

That's what she said (sorry, someone had to do it haha)
    10-23-2014 03:02 PM
    No, actually. If it had been any bigger I could not have managed it.

Posted from my gorgeous, pristine white BEAST of a Note 4.
    10-23-2014 03:06 PM
    No, actually. If it had been any bigger I could not have managed it.

How does it compare to your iPhone 6?

10-23-2014 03:07 PM
    How does it compare to your iPhone 6?

It's considerably larger. The iPhone 6 is about the same size as the Galaxy 5.

I went with the iPhone 6 because I felt the Plus was too big as a daily driver. I can't put the Note 4 in a pencil skirt pocket or in my jeans pocket so I actually guessed and chose conservatively.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    10-23-2014 03:18 PM
    Got mine yesterday. Was super excited, but....

Is anyone else's lagging... a LOT? Every app is lagging. Chrome, Facebook (+ Messenger), S Note, etc. All animations seem jittery.
    Is there something I can do to solve this, or?
    10-23-2014 03:46 PM
    Got mine!! Charcoal, picked up from BB on VzW - sadly the white one for my hubby wasn't in yet. Had the BB guy laughing with how fast I snapped the bugger into a case I'd brought with me. Absolutely loving it!
    10-23-2014 04:36 PM

Is anyone else's lagging... a LOT? Every app is lagging. Chrome, Facebook (+ Messenger), S Note, etc. All animations seem jittery.
    I was having this issue as well. I wasn't able to fix it.

Sent from my 128 GB, Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    10-23-2014 05:14 PM

Have you reinstalling apps and syncing messages and media? It might be that initial set up and sync.
    Mine did show some stuttering the first day when I was loading everything, but it's smooth as silk now.

10-23-2014 05:16 PM
    Just got mine. My T-Mobile store even threw in an s view case and a screen protector free. Great looking phone but will miss my gs4. Great memories with it this year.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4:  I Got Mine !!-20141023_192107.jpg  
    10-23-2014 07:30 PM
    I got mine today that I pre ordered Sept 24th. It is the white one. I took it to the Verizon store to activate because I am scared of messing up my unlimited data plan (I upgraded a different line and switched to mine) and they were all loving my phone. They only got a few black ones in yesterday and have not seen the white one. Customers were even loving it. =) I love it. Still playing around with it though.
    10-23-2014 07:59 PM
    I DON"T GOT MINE!! :< :< Instead what I got was a massive screwup from VZW. I called three times today to get a tracking number and got three different answers on what happened to my order. The first time they said it shipped. The 2nd time they said it shipped "to a local store" but they couldn't tell me which one. Then the last time they admitted they CANCELLED my order without my knowledge. So they restarted the order with a $35 "inconvenience" discount and a "jump the line" priority. But I still don't have any definite shipping date other than Oct 31 for my White Note 4 at full retail. Grrrrr. But at this point I'll just keep visiting my local Best Buy and see if I can buy one using the "Keep my Existing Plan"/swap in my old sim trick. Does anyone know if a VZW sim from an Iphone4S will fit a Note 4?
    10-23-2014 09:22 PM
    First post from my new black note 4
    10-23-2014 09:37 PM
    I DON"T GOT MINE!! :< :< Instead what I got was a massive screwup from VZW. I called three times today to get a tracking number and got three different answers on what happened to my order. The first time they said it shipped. The 2nd time they said it shipped "to a local store" but they couldn't tell me which one. Then the last time they admitted they CANCELLED my order without my knowledge. So they restarted the order with a $35 "inconvenience" discount and a "jump the line" priority. But I still don't have any definite shipping date other than Oct 31 for my White Note 4 at full retail. Grrrrr. But at this point I'll just keep visiting my local Best Buy and see if I can buy one using the "Keep my Existing Plan"/swap in my old sim trick. Does anyone know if a VZW sim from an Iphone4S will fit a Note 4?
    The iPhone 4S uses a micro sim - same size as the Note 4
    10-23-2014 09:46 PM
    Thanks for that reply re the iPhone 4S micro sim. So is the "trick" to go buy a phone at Best Buy, tell them I want to "keep my existing plan" and then take it home and swap Sim Cards with the iPhone before activating? Is the trick verified to work (has anyone here tried it this week with a Note 4?) Does Best Buy even have Note 4's that you can just walk in and buy off the shelf or are they too popular to do that right now?
    10-23-2014 11:27 PM
    Got mine on Tuesday and love it. I had the I, II, and III -- I think I'm liking the 4 the best since the 2.

Got the Galaxy Gear 2 yesterday -- I'm finding that a bit intimidating

My husband keeps asking me if I'm set for a year -- I haven't answered him yet, but I am liking my new toys! I mean, my essential tools.

Jacki
    Dionna17 and raf66 like this.
    10-24-2014 02:29 AM
    Just got mine. My T-Mobile store even threw in an s view case and a screen protector free. Great looking phone but will miss my gs4. Great memories with it this year.

Posted via Android Central App
    Dope set up. I just got mine yesterday with the same case. I've never liked the s-view case but they gave it for free. I may try it out.
    10-24-2014 07:28 AM
    I received mine yesterday and took it to Verizon to activate and put on a tempered glass I purchased online. They had only received 1 tempered glass so it was no problem having them install it. I really like what I see so far. The phone is fantastic. Now to remember how to set everything up. It has been a couple of years since I had an android phone.
    10-24-2014 08:58 AM
757 ... 89101112 ...