05-01-2017 05:30 AM
757 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Anyone leave iPhone 6 pkis for the note 4?
    I have two Upgrades (cause I own four lines lol)
    I am debating a note 4 love galaxy phones as much as iPhones I know it's crazy lol
    I left the iPhone 6 Plus for the Nexus 6 then to the Note 4. The Nexus and lollipop is nice but the phone was a little too big. I love the size and feel of the Note 4. Haven't missed the 6 Plus in two weeks.
    12-14-2014 11:05 AM
    Hey guys, after reading on here about this awesome device . I dumped my HTC m8 and got a sexy black NOTE 4

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-14-2014 11:14 AM
    I recently cracked my Note 3 screen on a tile floor at a swim meet, luckily I had insurance on it. Went to AT&T that day to file an insurance claim and they sent me a white Note 4. So far I am loving it, going to get a case here soon. Not sure if I want the S View or something more rugged, partially the reason why I'm on here.
    kevinpleasants and BB_Junky like this.
    12-14-2014 08:33 PM
    New Note 4 owner. I love the phone but am afraid to use it, I've read and seen how delicate the edges are to scratches. I need ti find a case that fit the Verizon model and doesn't add bulk to the phone because I really like the feel of the phone.
    12-14-2014 11:37 PM
    This is my first note. I previously owned SIII and it is still working great now but i had to recontract with my carrier so i decided to get the note 4. It was a good decision. No regrets and I love this phone... and the pen haha.
    12-14-2014 11:46 PM
    Congrats.
    12-15-2014 03:55 AM
    Actually left a Lumia 1520 and ordered an iPhone 6 plus 128 gb. As it seems the world wants the iPhone, I had to cancel the order and I decided to give the Note 4 a try (I also had a Note 3, which was the longest phone I've owned). Absolutely stunned by the build quality and the speed. Checked out the Nexus 6 just to be sure, but it was too large, although it was a beast. Samsung put their heart and soul in this device and it shows. I *may* actually keep it!
    12-15-2014 11:05 PM
    1 freaking day already getting a bit happy
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    12-16-2014 06:12 AM
    1 freaking day already getting a bit happy
    Post pics of your gorgeous new phone when you get it!! I have to live vicariously through you guys since I can't afford one lol. But my Note 3 is still quite the beast.

Sent From A Galaxy Note 3 Far Far Away
    12-16-2014 07:13 AM
    Post pics of your gorgeous new phone when you get it!! I have to live vicariously through you guys since I can't afford one lol. But my Note 3 is still quite the beast.

going to do so just have to hope they have it in stock

Well I've got a great offer from my carier if I keep my current contract + add a small package (5 $/month) and sign an extension the phone will cost me 219 $ which is an awesome price given that I'll only pay 28 € / month with the added package.
    12-16-2014 07:23 AM
    Sounds like a sweet deal!

12-16-2014 07:25 AM

Hang in there! I generally don't get the newest model when it first comes out, for 2 reasons..... 1) wait to see how it performs and 2) wait for the price to come down.

I did get the Note 4 early in its release, as I had skipped the Note 3 which I really wanted, but felt no reason because my Note 2 was still so Awesome! I had a $200 Costco gift card, so went ahead and got the Note 4 early. Enjoy your Note 3 in the meantime!
    12-16-2014 09:39 AM
    Yes well, I suppose by the time I can afford the Note 4 the Note 5 will be around the corner anyway lol. I'm currently grandfathered into unlimited data at Verizon so no matter what I'm gonna have to pay full retail in order to keep it. We have two lines for about 187 bucks a month unlimited data right now. If we switched to Edge it would cost us double that. I sure do miss being able to upgrade through that loop hole Verizon just recently closed where we would upgrade our 3 other dumb phone lines we had (which we've now closed out) and then would switch the new phone right over to the smart phone lines to keep unlimited data. Ahhhh. Those were the days

12-16-2014 09:44 AM
    Yes well, I suppose by the time I can afford the Note 4 the Note 5 will be around the corner anyway lol. I'm currently grandfathered into unlimited data at Verizon so no matter what I'm gonna have to pay full retail in order to keep it. We have two lines for about 187 bucks a month unlimited data right now. If we switched to Edge it would cost us double that. I sure do miss being able to upgrade through that loop hole Verizon just recently closed where we would upgrade our 3 other dumb phone lines we had (which we've now closed out) and then would switch the new phone right over to the smart phone lines to keep unlimited data. Ahhhh. Those were the days

I wouldn't worry about it I'm sure the note 3 is still a great phone and next year the roles are reversed but your contract seems a bit expensive almost 90 bucks a month just for unlimited data usage?

The first thing in going to do is activate the side panel and then root this beauty
    12-16-2014 07:38 PM
    We have 5 lines. 3 are dumb phone lines. So data for the two lines is 29.99 each. Plus we have a text messaging plan yada yada. I guess its more like 150 bucks a month.

12-16-2014 07:55 PM

Well, I actually have 2 unlimited data lines and 2 basic lines as we have been doing the alternate upgrades as well. I go through my guy at the Verizon kiosk at Costco and had planned to do that with new Note 4.

After weeks the phone finally came in and when I went to get it, he told me how that loop hole was closing....and now if you use the basic line to upgrade and then move the phone VZW makes you keep a $30 data plan on the basic line for like 2 years! He said, let's try it and if it does impose the $30, you can just cancel that line after you move the phone, as that line is out of contract..... Ok let's do it I said and it went through without $30 staying on the line!! Yes!

Even though I still have unlimited on both my husband and mine I still try to be very conscious of my data and I have never gone above 3.5GB in a month, but am concerned since I got the N4 my Verizon says I used over 5GB in 2 weeks! I have not done anything differently and have heard many others say the same.
    12-16-2014 11:13 PM
    We have 5 lines. 3 are dumb phone lines. So data for the two lines is 29.99 each. Plus we have a text messaging plan yada yada. I guess its more like 150 bucks a month.

Feeling like mine is so expensive....
    2 unlimited lines
    2 basic lines
    1 $10 text plan
    1 $5 text plan
    Share 1400 minutes
    $215 a month!
    12-16-2014 11:22 PM

Even though I still have unlimited on both my husband and mine I still try to be very conscious of my data and I have never gone above 3.5GB in a month, but am concerned since I got the N4 my Verizon says I used over 5GB in 2 weeks! I have not done anything differently and have heard many others say the same.
    Wow my maximum has been 760mb I'm doing the stuff on WiFi only. Mobile Internet is used for stuff like sport standings, surfing, mms and podcast download. I'm also always declining Internet access to apps that don't need it

Did you watch QHD videos or stuff like that?
    12-16-2014 11:50 PM
    Wow my maximum has been 760mb I'm doing the stuff on WiFi only. Mobile Internet is used for stuff like sport standings, surfing, mms and podcast download. I'm also always declining Internet access to apps that don't need it

Did you watch QHD videos or stuff like that?
    Well, I'm hoping that it was due to issues I was having with my old SD card which was constantly Index Servicing.... Although not sure if that sucks data.... I got the N4 on 11/29 used the Samsung Smart Switch app to transfer from N2 to N4 and then normal set up playing around with shiny new phone. I watched 1 movie 1 time for 5 minutes just to see how it looked on N4. So besides that, just normal everyday business use, phone calls. text, email, some FB, words with friends (battery hog).....
    12-17-2014 12:06 AM
    Thank you now I'm a bit worried because I've wanted to use smart switch too and then port the apps over using Titanium backup pro
    12-17-2014 05:29 AM
    Hello everyone!
    Congrats for all the new owners, hope you enjoy your new phone
    I am considering buying the Note 4 but I am not sure about the size of the phone. I am currently using an old Nokia phone and it's pretty small. I have never used something big like that before hehe
    Is it comfortable to handle and does it happen you really hate the size?
    Thanks in advance
    12-17-2014 07:14 AM
    Feeling like mine is so expensive....
    2 unlimited lines
    2 basic lines
    1 $10 text plan
    1 $5 text plan
    Share 1400 minutes
    $215 a month!
    That does sound a bit expensive @Gregmargie. Now you've got me curious about trying to upgrade. My guy at Verizon was doing the switch thing for us for years and when they closed the loop hole he told me about having to pay the 30 bucks a month for the 2g of data thing so I gave up. Maybe I oughta contact him again and see if I can get lucky like you did!!

12-17-2014 07:27 AM
    That does sound a bit expensive @Gregmargie. Now you've got me curious about trying to upgrade. My guy at Verizon was doing the switch thing for us for years and when they closed the loop hole he told me about having to pay the 30 bucks a month for the 2g of data thing so I gave up. Maybe I oughta contact him again and see if I can get lucky like you did!!

I thought you said you cancelled the basic lines you had?
    12-17-2014 10:08 AM
    Hello everyone!
    Congrats for all the new owners, hope you enjoy your new phone
    I am considering buying the Note 4 but I am not sure about the size of the phone. I am currently using an old Nokia phone and it's pretty small. I have never used something big like that before hehe
    Is it comfortable to handle and does it happen you really hate the size?
    Thanks in advance
    Hello and welcome. I think everyone's own perspective is different as to what is big or small to them. It truly depends on your use too... If you like putting it in a pocket... I put mine in my purse, so not an issue for me. If you are coming from a small phone that you have been used to the difference might be overwhelming or extremely welcomed! You get used to it really quick. I personally Love the size and could Never go back to anything smaller! I also use the Spen for everything in place of my finger.... My phone is like my mobile computer when I am away from my desktop or laptop....Good luck in your decision!
    akutch34 and margmel like this.
    12-17-2014 10:24 AM
    Thank you now I'm a bit worried because I've wanted to use smart switch too and then port the apps over using Titanium backup pro
    What are you worried about? The Smart Switch worked fine for the most part.
    12-17-2014 10:39 AM
757 ... 1617181920 ...