05-01-2017 05:30 AM
757 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    What are you worried about? The Smart Switch worked fine for the most part.
    Oh nice to hear so we've gone for it today but sadly the new contract offer only starts in 2015 (good job teasing me pr people .😈..) 4 week next year so we had the option to wait or buy them off contact for 1.100 € combined which obviously wasn't an option

But man I already couldn't put it down and thanks to the side kick bar even my gf has no problems operating it one handed. This beast is easily the best phone Samsung has ever built.
    12-17-2014 03:54 PM
    I thought you said you cancelled the basic lines you had?
    We suspended two until we decide what we wanna do and the third is still active until 2015 September. We will most likely cancel all 3 because of this closed loop hole nonsense.

Sent From A Galaxy Note 3 Far Far Away
    12-17-2014 03:56 PM
    We suspended two until we decide what we wanna do and the third is still active until 2015 September. We will most likely cancel all 3 because of this closed loop hole nonsense.

You should definitely go see your guy that used to do the transfers for you! Worth a shot and make sure it's one of the basic lines that is out of contract as my guy told me if the 30 gets added, you can cancel that line..... I didn't have to do that so I am not sure if that is correct or not.
    12-17-2014 06:20 PM
    Once you cancel the line dp you have to pay an early termination fee?

12-17-2014 06:35 PM
    Once you cancel the line dp you have to pay an early termination fee?

If that line is still under contract, then I would say yes, they will charge you ETF. That's why I said, do it with one of your basic lines that is out of contract. According to what my guy said, if the 30 gets added, then you can just cancel that line after you switch the new phone.
    12-17-2014 08:09 PM
    Sounds like it's worth a shot. I'm gonna contact my guy tomorrow.

GregMargie likes this.
    12-17-2014 08:10 PM
    Hello everyone!
    Congrats for all the new owners, hope you enjoy your new phone
    I am considering buying the Note 4 but I am not sure about the size of the phone. I am currently using an old Nokia phone and it's pretty small. I have never used something big like that before hehe
    Is it comfortable to handle and does it happen you really hate the size?
    Thanks in advance
    I was worried at first. I REALLY wanted the Note 3 last year, but after holding it and playing in store I thought it would just be too darn big for me. I got the S5 on release day this year but was always distracted by how nice the note screens looked and the S-Pen and blah blah blah. Well, in November I finally gave in and went in store to play with the N4. Purchased it that day and have zero regrets. For the first week it was a bit of an adjustment... but now, I can do everything with one hand (without resizing the screen or anything) and now that I'm used to it, the phone doesn't feel any less comfortable in my hand than my S5 did. If you want it, buy it! (=
    margmel likes this.
    12-17-2014 08:45 PM
    My black Note 4 is arriving in the post today! Excited!
    kevinpleasants and DL1991 like this.
    12-18-2014 05:30 AM
    If that line is still under contract, then I would say yes, they will charge you ETF. That's why I said, do it with one of your basic lines that is out of contract. According to what my guy said, if the 30 gets added, then you can just cancel that line after you switch the new phone.
    But when you upgrade the dumb phone line aren't you signing a new 2 year contract? So when u go to cancel the line you would have to pay and Etf wouldn't you.?

12-18-2014 07:16 AM
    But when you upgrade the dumb phone line aren't you signing a new 2 year contract? So when u go to cancel the line you would have to pay and Etf wouldn't you.?

The way the 'alternate' upgrade always worked was.....

Transfer upgrade to dumb line.
    Upgrade new subsidized phone.
    Move new phone to Unlimited line, that line renews for 2 years. Nothing changes on dumb line. So if it was out of contract it should remain that way. This is exactly how he did mine the end of November, but it was uncertain if that $30 would get added monthly..... It didn't on mine.
    Aubbre4 likes this.
    12-18-2014 10:18 AM
    Picked up mine today from the AT&T store, early Christmas present. I'll post a picture once I figure out how to ..
    12-21-2014 07:39 PM
    Got my white Note 4 on Friday. Switching from iPhone 6 Plus. Glad to be back on Android.
    12-21-2014 08:29 PM
    i traded in my droid turbo 64 gig ballistic nylon for a note 4 the other day and i love it
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    12-22-2014 01:50 PM
    Hey my coworkers use that font for their samsung phones! Looks super pretty and elegant.
    12-22-2014 03:04 PM
    Hubby asked me what I wanted for Christmas Dec 5th, I laughed & said the Note 4! The 6th hubby said let's take a car ride! 2 hours later we walked into a cell phone repair store & he bought my New in the box off contract Note 4! I was worried it was a fake & took it to the AT&T store next door & it's a REAL one! I am still in shock that I have it in my hands! I fall deeper & deeper in love with my Note 4!! Hubby calls my new phone my boyfriend! Lol
    12-23-2014 02:31 PM
    Got mine yesterday. Ended up converting my unlimited data plan to the Edge 10 GB/mo shared plan, but indications are that won't be a problem for me.

Really happy with the phone so far, and will be even happier when Lollipop is issued for the Verizon Note4 so I can use the SD card more fully.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    12-24-2014 10:33 AM
    Got mine yesterday. Upgraded from a flawless-condition Note 3. The 4 continues the awesomeness and, appropriately, expands upon it.

from the IV
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    12-24-2014 10:47 AM
    Got mine yesterday. Upgraded from a flawless-condition Note 3. The 4 continues the awesomeness and, appropriately, expands upon it.

from the IV
    Do you think I should wait for the Note 5? Or try and get the 4?

12-30-2014 09:19 AM
    Well, that depends. The screen on the Note 4 is dramatically stellar. There is, however, the issue of the camera lagging to focus initially. Some have corrected that by swapping their phone for a replacement. I've found that a quick shake of the phone gets it to focus. Other than that, there have been no issues and its a stellar phone.

Should you switch from a Note 3 to Note 4? If the cost is not going to be any issue. I'd rather have my Note 4's camera, even with its lag issue, than my Note 3’s.

All things considered, yes, you should upgrade to the Note 4.
    Aubbre4 likes this.
    12-30-2014 10:26 AM
    Halcyon have you tried the Procapture camera app? Although I have not seen any lag with the stock camera. I have taken some great pictures with it.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!
    12-30-2014 12:16 PM
    Halcyon have you tried the Procapture camera app? Although I have not seen any lag with the stock camera. I have taken some great pictures with it.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!
    The lag seems to only be when I first launch the camera app after not using the camera recently. ...and the lag is not only in that initial focusing. After that it's fine. There's another thread about the issue and some are swapping for a replacement phone because of it. I'm trying to make up mind my mind if I really want to be bothered.
    12-30-2014 01:06 PM
    There is, however, the issue of the camera lagging to focus initially. Some have corrected that by swapping their phone for a replacement. I've found that a quick shake of the phone gets it to focus.
    I've got the lag on my camera, and also give a quick shake to get it into focus.

I'm trying to make up mind my mind if I really want to be bothered.
    I was going to switch mine out, but have decided not to incase I get a replacement with other issues.
    12-31-2014 02:09 AM
    I've got the lag on my camera, and also give a quick shake to get it into focus.

I was going to switch mine out, but have decided not to incase I get a replacement with other issues.
    I swapped mine for a replacement last night @ AT&T due to this and the fact that I couldn't forward calls at all. The replacement fixed both issues, the camera now focuses properly and the phone doesn't seem (knock on wood) to have any other issues. Yea, yea, yea!

from the IV📱
    12-31-2014 04:09 AM
    Lol
    Leave her alone. A few of us have both. I've got the Note 4 and 6+.
    01-02-2015 03:38 AM
    Just picked up the Note 4 this week. I have been an Apple guy for 5+ years. Absolutely love my Android phone and the customizable platform! Couldn't be happier and can't wait to explore everything it can do (More, I'm sure, that I am unaware of).
    DL1991 and Aubbre4 like this.
    01-03-2015 11:33 AM
757 ... 1718192021 ...