05-01-2017 04:30 AM
757 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    The Edge display is a nice feature but not the dramatic awesomeness some make it out to bwle, IMO. The 6 was absolutely fine but I did worry about the battery life and realized what I already knew...that Lollipop wasn't special to me. I'm just not a fan of stock android either. That with the Note Edge's gimmick display, replaceable battery, and SD card dragged me into the AT&T store to get it. I hope I don't regret the loss of the Nexus though because it is a nice device.

from the cutting Note Edge ๐Ÿ”ช๐Ÿ“ฑ
    I thought about the Edge... For about 10 seconds. The way I hold my phone, my phone the palm and thumb of my right hand would hand would lay right on the edge display; I just didn't see that working for me. I totally get the removable battery and SD card concerns, I also have them.
    02-09-2015 06:42 PM
    I thought about the Edge... For about 10 seconds. The way I hold my phone, my phone the palm and thumb of my right hand would hand would lay right on the edge display; I just didn't see that working for me. I totally get the removable battery and SD card concerns, I also have them.
    The OS has safeguards built in so that accidental touches of your palm or thumb won't open apps or notifications in the edge panel. You can even run a finger down the entire edge and have it not activate anything.
    02-09-2015 06:56 PM
    I feel very greedy but I LOVE my Galaxy Notes. I love knowing that S Pen is right there. That I can replace the battery should it ever wear out (not likely because I don't keep phones that long, but still). I like knowing I can put 128GB worth of storage in them and I like the big screens. Some hate TouchWiz. Okay, if that's what works for them but Samsung devices generally work well for me and I have pretty high expectations. If nothing else the Note 4 and Note Edge are high quality devices and they demonstrate that Samsung listened when people complained about heavy-handed TouchWiz and cheapish build materials.

shaleem and llfloyd79 like this.
    02-09-2015 07:08 PM
    The OS has safeguards built in so that accidental touches of your palm or thumb won't open apps or notifications in the edge panel. You can even run a finger down the entire edge and have it not activate anything.
    I do remember reading that, but just wasn't trusting it to work properly. I'm perfectly happy with my Note 4, though.
    02-09-2015 07:08 PM
    I do remember reading that, but just wasn't trusting it to work properly. I'm perfectly happy with my Note 4, though.
    You should be, you arguably have the best phone ever made. I'm just say'n.

spotnjack likes this.
    02-09-2015 07:11 PM
    Hello there, got my Note 4! Liking it so far, but a couple of things I'm missing from my BlackBerry already. But, I'm sure I will get used to the difference and dl an app that I need lol.
    Being an Ambassador over at CB, this is a big move for me. I still have my Z30 and will still use it, and just switch out when I feel.
    Glad to be here though and to learn all that is Android Central!
    I know how you feel, but believe me. You are going to love your Note 4. In my opinion, it's best if you try to approach it as something completely new and different. Keep an open mind. This is a great phone.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    02-09-2015 07:25 PM
    I feel very greedy but I LOVE my Galaxy Notes. I love knowing that S Pen is right there. That I can replace the battery should it ever wear out (not likely because I don't keep phones that long, but still). I like knowing I can put 128GB worth of storage in them and I like the big screens. Some hate TouchWiz. Okay, if that's what works for them but Samsung devices generally work well for me and I have pretty high expectations. If nothing else the Note 4 and Note Edge are high quality devices and they demonstrate that Samsung listened when people complained about heavy-handed TouchWiz and cheapish build materials.

I couldn't agree more. In my opinion, the Note 4 is the best phone I've ever owned. I was such a die hard BlackBerry user and fan. I really didn't think another phone would satisfy me. Then, I got a Galaxy S 3. I was pleasantly surprised. After that, I got a Note 3 and was even more satisfied. But this Note 4 is a mind blower, in my opinion. I'm all in now.

02-09-2015 07:33 PM
    I know how you feel, but believe me. You are going to love your Note 4. In my opinion, it's best if you try to approach it as something completely new and different. Keep an open mind. This is a great phone.

Thanks, yes just have to realize there are more ways to do something...I'm enjoying this phone, believe me
    shaleem and pantlesspenguin like this.
    02-09-2015 07:55 PM
    Hello there, got my Note 4! Liking it so far, but a couple of things I'm missing from my BlackBerry already. But, I'm sure I will get used to the difference and dl an app that I need lol.
    Being an Ambassador over at CB, this is a big move for me. I still have my Z30 and will still use it, and just switch out when I feel.

Welcome! I've read so many of your posts over the years there (longtime BB / CB user).
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    02-11-2015 04:34 PM
    Welcome! I've read so many of your posts over the years there (longtime BB / CB user).
    Thanks, Jay! Good to be here as well.
    02-11-2015 09:32 PM
    Welcome to this side of MoNa. Is this your first Android?

From an AOSP M8
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    02-11-2015 10:53 PM
    Thanks! Yes it is my first ever Android....so different for me, but I like it!
    02-12-2015 02:59 PM
    Well mine just arrived!!! It's charging as I write this. Can't wait to turn it on, activate it, and then start playing with it. I'm very excited! But I'm sure you all went thru the same thing.
    02-13-2015 02:13 PM
    I just ordered mine last night . After months of saying i didn't want a phone bigger than my Galaxy S5, i played with my sister's Note 4 and i had to have it. Since my S5 has not even a year yet , I am not allowing myself to buy another phone for the next year or two.
    DL1991 likes this.
    02-15-2015 09:37 AM
    I just ordered mine last night . After months of saying i didn't want a phone bigger than my Galaxy S5, i played with my sister's Note 4 and i had to have it. Since my S5 has not even a year yet , I am not allowing myself to buy another phone for the next year or two.
    Both are great phones, but I think once you use the Note 4 for a few days you will find it hard to go back to a smaller screen. Enjoy!
    indysteve9 and thetaylor310 like this.
    02-15-2015 09:45 AM
    Just got mine last night. First impression is that it may just be too big for me. I'll give a week or so, but everything about it is great so far.
    02-15-2015 09:54 AM
    Both are great phones, but I think once you use the Note 4 for a few days you will find it hard to go back to a smaller screen. Enjoy!
    I think the size is what finally changed my mind. I'd always complain that the phone looked like an ipad mini on the side of my face but now I'll have to eat my words. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-16-2015 05:51 AM
    I think the size is what finally changed my mind. I'd always complain that the phone looked like an ipad mini on the side of my face but now I'll have to eat my words. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Posted via the Android Central App
    LOL! I use a Bluetooth....
    02-16-2015 08:49 AM
    Good for you, I'm going to call zagg and vzw, and complain about this. This is unacceptable.
    Zagg has replaced mine at least 7 times. They all halo. The latest one has less halo but the upside over the ones at ATT store is they are replaced for free forever. There are no other guarantees like that and it isn't worth 40 everytime my protector goes bad or if I were to drop it. You cannot tell when the screen is on.
    02-17-2015 06:58 PM
    Finally got mine a couple of days ago I missed having a note
    anon(9144744) likes this.
    02-18-2015 02:56 PM
    I just ordered a Previously Owned Note 4 from the Verizon web site.... hope it goes well.

I had the verizon guy calculate my costs of the phone and a two year contract, and buying this refurb is a much better deal...and going month to month.
    02-18-2015 04:53 PM
    Galaxy Note 4:  I Got Mine !!-screenshot_2015-02-18-23-42-06.jpg

Hello from Brasil!

After a brief flirtation with the fruit company, i've come back to the Android world... and what a comeback it is i forget how i first got aware of the Note 4, but since then, i knew this was the phone for me. i got it two weeks ago and just know that y'all in the States have it good in terms of pricing for toys like this

Anyways, it's nice to be back!
    02-18-2015 08:02 PM
    Nobody made a big deal when I got my Note! Lol
    02-20-2015 02:14 AM
    Nobody made a big deal when I got my Note! Lol
    Awwww welcome! LOL! You have sooooooo many phones
    02-20-2015 06:55 AM
    I have the "certified pre-owned" verizon Note 4 in hand right now. I can find no signs of previous usage at all... looks to be mint.

It is charging now (battery was at 70%).

I'm not going to activate or do anything else with it until my memory card arrives later today: 128 Samsung card
    Not sure, but it might be important to have the microSD card in there during the activation and set-up process just in case there are downloads that are designated for that external space.
    02-20-2015 10:53 AM
757 ... 2122232425 ...