Galaxy Note 4: I Got Mine !!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello all! I'm debating on upgrading to the Note 4 but for the life of me can not find out if the led notification light plays well with certain texting apps. Id like to have a phone, like that of my S3, that I'm able to somewhat customize contacts text notifications with say, a red led, blue, white and so forth. Does the Note 4 have the same capability as my trusty old s3? Thank you all for your time.
Yes, you can do this. I think the app is called light flow. There are probably others in the play store as well.

thetaylor310

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Both are great phones, but I think once you use the Note 4 for a few days you will find it hard to go back to a smaller screen. Enjoy!

Before i actually held the Note 4 in my hands, i never thought i'd like a "big" phone. i thought them as being too clunky and i was afraid that it wouldn't fit in a pants pocket. Now, anything smaller than the Note 4 seems too small for me (and i am a tiny guy~ haha)

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello all! I'm debating on upgrading to the Note 4 but for the life of me can not find out if the led notification light plays well with certain texting apps. Id like to have a phone, like that of my S3, that I'm able to somewhat customize contacts text notifications with say, a red led, blue, white and so forth. Does the Note 4 have the same capability as my trusty old s3? Thank you all for your time.

Yes, this can also be done using Textra SMS

kam hagh

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Congrats! I got mine as a gift (charcoal black ) and I love it ! I wouldn't have tried Samsung again if it wasn't for the gift ! (after s4 and note n7000 being the worst phones i ever had) But i have a question, does the screen protector on yours bother your s-pen? i already destroyed my coating and would like to get a screen protector (if i ever find one in my country) my fingerings doesn't slide across the screen at all!
Btw, only downside for me is no lollipop (i got 910H) i'm thinking about rooting 0_0 but this thing is around 800$~ don't want to do anything stupid :| i better wait for lollipop update than root it!
i can't sleep without root after years of using nexus 4 :)

kam hagh

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes, you can do this. I think the app is called light flow. There are probably others in the play store as well.

geek's way : echo "255" > /sys/class/leds/blue/brightness :D

Both are great phones, but I think once you use the Note 4 for a few days you will find it hard to go back to a smaller screen. Enjoy!

i know the feeling, i picked up my old nexus 4 for transferring some files, how on earth did i use this phone:D?

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
geek's way : echo "255" > /sys/class/leds/blue/brightness :D

i know the feeling, i picked up my old nexus 4 for transferring some files, how on earth did i use this phone:D?

This phone does get you spoiled rather quickly, doesn't it?

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Last edited:

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Before i actually held the Note 4 in my hands, i never thought i'd like a "big" phone. i thought them as being too clunky and i was afraid that it wouldn't fit in a pants pocket. Now, anything smaller than the Note 4 seems too small for me (and i am a tiny guy~ haha)

I'm a tiny gal and I feel the same!! The S Pen has also spoiled me. I didn't think I'd use it much, but I use it almost every day! Come to think of it, S Health has spoiled me as well. I guess it's cured me from my phone hopping, though! Not much else can compete. However, I'm going to be VERY disappointed if Samsung goes the route of eliminating the removable battery and SD card slot like they might be doing with the S6. That's a move that has me baffled.

thetaylor310

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
However, I'm going to be VERY disappointed if Samsung goes the route of eliminating the removable battery and SD card slot like they might be doing with the S6. That's a move that has me baffled.

i know what you mean. i hated this aspect of iPhones and other Androids that are of the same configuration. In fact, right before i got my Note, i used a Moto G as a temp phone. So much frustration not having the option of changing batteries or adding SD cards for more space (and OMG, 8GBs of internal space?????????)

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had my amazing Note 4 since last Nov. and still continue to discover and use new features! Best phone I have ever owned so far!

anon(9144744)

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Whos getting the Note 5 after seeing what the S6 looks like? I'm still with the Note 3 so I am definitely gonna wait and buy the Note 5. Can u imagine what a beast it's going to be. I love the build quality of the new S6 so I can only hope the Note 5 is just as gorgeous. The lack of an SD card slot bothers me though. I don't know if I can afford a 128gb Note 5 for probably $499

Sent From A Galaxy Note 3 Far Far Away

thetaylor310

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
That is the thing that makes me pause about considering future Notes. Swapping batteries and SD card memory expansion are things that i see as being advantageous. Hoping that Samsung will keep that in mind for the Note line. As it is, i'm quite happy with my Note 4

kam hagh

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I prefer the leather(i know its plastic) combination with the metal ! note 4 just feels amazing! you can't really tell that the back is plastic(at least i don't!) and i feel its a little soft so its really comfortable in hands! i didn't really like S6 myself! it wasn't anything special, it just doesn't have a removable back and an sd card slot!

BTW, the only problems i have with my phone are the purple smudging and waiting for lollipop and how i get a heartattack every time i want to remove the back cover fearing i will break it :) i hope they fix the smudge with the new note 5!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech