Galaxy Note 4: I Got Mine !!

alpinecivic

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Love my Note 4. Got it on release day.

Had a few issue's buying it though, went to a TMobile store, was being helped by a nice girl, during the process of upgrading me from my Note3 to Note 4, one of the other employees told the girl helping me that all the white Note 4's were reserved and she wasn't allowed to sell it to me. Instead of arguing, I called the next local store, they had a few white Note 4's in stock, I asked him to reserve one for me since I would be there in 10 min but was told they were not allowed to reserve phones, hmmmmm.....So I got to the store in 10 min and luckily they were still in stock and was in and out in 20min with a new White Note 4.

I wanted to go back to the old store and complain to the manager about the whole reserving thing, but my anger was gone shortly after I started playing with my new Note 4. LOL

After 4 days of use, I gotta say, Im very impressed with the Note 4. Quality feels great, screen resolution is incredible, interface seems to work nice and smooth, overall like it a lot more than my Note 3. I really love this phone!

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I don't do platform wars. I totally enjoy each device I use and don't find the need to knock the others down.

I pay no reverence to any of them. I pay reverence to the things that matter, like my idea of a higher being, human rights, and the integrity of my beliefs.

Phones are disposable things, bits of glass, wires, chips, metal, and plastic, to be used as needed for the tasks needed. As such, I use several because I enjoy diversity and new experiences.

So no. I won't be getting rid of either the iPhone or the Lumia.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
I like reading your posts. I know you have no reverence to any platform, and it's refreshing to see another tech enthusiast with so many phones concurrently. I have been struggling with my decision to buy the Note 4 or IPhone 6+. Since you are a happy user of these to seemingly awesome devices, can you give an objective experience on their battery life, user friendliness, and level of lag? If you don't feel like answering these questions, no problem. Thanks in advance.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
3 things I love with note 4 as Compared to note 3

1. Awesome screen!

2. Floating multi window. I made a call to cancel something, so had Gmail app floating as well as my phone app. Was able to go back and forth to find my order number!

3. Awesome camera quality. Much better than note 3!

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I like reading your posts. I know you have no reverence to any platform, and it's refreshing to see another tech enthusiast with so many phones concurrently. I have been struggling with my decision to buy the Note 4 or IPhone 6+. Since you are a happy user of these to seemingly awesome devices, can you give an objective experience on their battery life, user friendliness, and level of lag? If you don't feel like answering these questions, no problem. Thanks in advance.

Thank you! You're very kind.

I actually don't have the iPhone 6+, I've got the iPhone 6. When I was thinking about which one to get I opted for pocketability and so chose the smaller size. I compared the iPhone 6+ size to my Lumia 1520 and thought that was too large for a primary device. The iPhone 6 is closer in size to my SGIII and that was my sweet spot.

Regarding the differences in the two devices, or any device at this point in time, it's really a matter of preference as to how a platform does something rather than a question of whether it's done. With the exception of customisation, you can accomplish nearly the same tasks on stock iOS and Android. The difference that I've found is the approach. I honestly believe that mobile tech has got us to the point of How as opposed to Whether when comparing functionalities.

As to battery life, I'm finding that on the network the Note 4 appears to be getting better battery life than my iPhone 6. However, I also have noticed that on the network my iPhone 6 catches and hangs on to a signal faster and longer than my Note 4. I have a feeling that this may be an antenna difference, and as such, I could theorise that my iPhone's ability to grab and hold on to a signal means that it uses more power. This is a theory, I'm not saying this is a fact. But it would make sense as to how on the network one drains faster than the other and it just happens to be the one with the apparent better ability to grab a signal. On WiFi, my Note 4 lasts less than my iPhone.

As far as user friendliness, it's a matter of personal preference, I think. iOS is more intuitive where Android is more granular. A lot of people hate the Samsung skin, but I don't mind it. I do mind the bloatware that you get with Samsung, but I was able to delete it. The iPhone comes with zero bloatware, so if that is an issue for you then that would be a better choice.

The big one is of course customisation. iPhone is iTunes and is locked. That's got its good and its bad. Its good is that I can restore from a back up and my iPhone 6 will be set up in exactly the same way as my iPhone 5s was. No fussing at all. But that comes at the price of a closed environment and the fabled walled garden. That, in turn, has its advantages in that there are less possible vulnerabilities.

As far as lag, I have found no lag at all in either device. Scrolling seems smoother on the iPhone, but that doesn't mean that the Note 4 lags. It was just a momentary sputter that I could have missed just as easily as I noticed it.

So really....what do you like? Do you like to tinker? Android. Do you like seamless integration? iOS. Do you like a user replaceable battery? Android. Are you concerned with the higher number of vulnerabilities? iOS. I run an antivirus and I do take great care in the apps I use so I'm not feeling that I'm at any real risk.

Now....personally, I run the three major platforms. And I will say this in iMore or WP Central or here. If I had to choose one platform only, I would choose iOS because I'm more fimly entrenched in the ecosystem and because I find it smoother, I find the experience more uniform, and Apple support at an Apple Store is world class customer service..... BUT I absolutely LOVE my Note 4. It is the absolutely best Android device I have ever used and I am completely happy with it. I am in love with my iPhone but I would have a long term affair with my Note 4.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! You're very kind.

I actually don't have the iPhone 6+, I've got the iPhone 6. When I was thinking about which one to get I opted for pocketability and so chose the smaller size. I compared the iPhone 6+ size to my Lumia 1520 and thought that was too large for a primary device. The iPhone 6 is closer in size to my SGIII and that was my sweet spot.

Regarding the differences in the two devices, or any device at this point in time, it's really a matter of preference as to how a platform does something rather than a question of whether it's done. With the exception of customisation, you can accomplish nearly the same tasks on stock iOS and Android. The difference that I've found is the approach. I honestly believe that mobile tech has got us to the point of How as opposed to Whether when comparing functionalities.

As to battery life, I'm finding that on the network the Note 4 appears to be getting better battery life than my iPhone 6. However, I also have noticed that on the network my iPhone 6 catches and hangs on to a signal faster and longer than my Note 4. I have a feeling that this may be an antenna difference, and as such, I could theorise that my iPhone's ability to grab and hold on to a signal means that it uses more power. This is a theory, I'm not saying this is a fact. But it would make sense as to how on the network one drains faster than the other and it just happens to be the one with the apparent better ability to grab a signal. On WiFi, my Note 4 lasts less than my iPhone.

As far as user friendliness, it's a matter of personal preference, I think. iOS is more intuitive where Android is more granular. A lot of people hate the Samsung skin, but I don't mind it. I do mind the bloatware that you get with Samsung, but I was able to delete it. The iPhone comes with zero bloatware, so if that is an issue for you then that would be a better choice.

The big one is of course customisation. iPhone is iTunes and is locked. That's got its good and its bad. Its good is that I can restore from a back up and my iPhone 6 will be set up in exactly the same way as my iPhone 5s was. No fussing at all. But that comes at the price of a closed environment and the fabled walled garden. That, in turn, has its advantages in that there are less possible vulnerabilities.

As far as lag, I have found no lag at all in either device. Scrolling seems smoother on the iPhone, but that doesn't mean that the Note 4 lags. It was just a momentary sputter that I could have missed just as easily as I noticed it.

So really....what do you like? Do you like to tinker? Android. Do you like seamless integration? iOS. Do you like a user replaceable battery? Android. Are you concerned with the higher number of vulnerabilities? iOS. I run an antivirus and I do take great care in the apps I use so I'm not feeling that I'm at any real risk.

Now....personally, I run the three major platforms. And I will say this in iMore or WP Central or here. If I had to choose one platform only, I would choose iOS because I'm more fimly entrenched in the ecosystem and because I find it smoother, I find the experience more uniform, and Apple support at an Apple Store is world class customer service..... BUT I absolutely LOVE my Note 4. It is the absolutely best Android device I have ever used and I am completely happy with it. I am in love with my iPhone but I would have a long term affair with my Note 4.
Bravo! You answered all my questions, and then some...even though I have mistaken you to have the IPhone 6+.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
No worries! I'll have the 6+ next year!

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Do you carry around all the phones at once? That phone bill would be enormous but awesome to have at the same time. "Which phone shall I make a call on today?". :D

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Do you carry around all the phones at once? That phone bill would be enormous but awesome to have at the same time. "Which phone shall I make a call on today?". :D

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

I generally carry all three personal phones and my work phone. I've been carrying African sisal bags ever since I got them in UCLA, in a tiny shop in Westwood. So I've got room. 😊
Like this one :
8yrebyqy.jpg

So I pick up whichever I have handiest.
My work phone is a Note 2 but we're moving to a SGV. If course I carry that one too.

Posted from my gorgeous, pristine white BEAST of a Note 4.

GrassyKnoll312

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I just got home with a brand new Note 4. Very excited to have it! Now to watch the Royals in the World Series and play with my new phone! Doesnt get much better than that.

Posted via the Android Central App

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Kbnqelt do you have a Passport yet?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

No. I won't be getting one. I am finished with BlackBerry until such a time that they stop pooching Android apps and develop their own ecosystem. Which essentially means I'm done with BlackBerry.

Posted from my gorgeous, pristine white BEAST of a Note 4.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze