Galaxy Note 4: I Got Mine !!

sidearm

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Picked up my black Verizon N4 at best buy yesterday. I traded in a 2007 vintage Moto Q for the $200 gift card and also had a coupon for $20 off $200. My total cost yesterday for the phone was $49 and change. I then traded an iPhone 4s and an iPhone 5 for $275 on a bb gift card. I then purchased a moto360 with that gift card and also used a $10 coupon and ended up with $17 left on the gift card. That felt like a total victory after what seemed like and endless wait for the N4. This is my first experience with android but back in my comp sci college days I wrote my compiler project in gnu c on my own Linux box so it fells good to be back in the world of open source and out of the fruit prison. Hope everyone is enjoying their phone!

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I have been comparing the two in the last 24 hours and it has been interesting. These are two monster devices.

Sent from my 128 GB, Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
I am debating getting the Note 4. I have a 6 Plus now but am missing some of the Android benefits. I do LOVE the 6 Plus camera in almost all conditions. That is really important to me. How does the Note 4 camera compare, especially low light? Also are the batteries close in longevity? The 6 Plus has a great battery. Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!!

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I can get a full work day on the network and a full day on WiFi on one charge. The Note 4 had a replaceable battery which is an advantage.
The cameras are both OUTSTANDING.

Posted from my gorgeous, pristine white BEAST of a Note 4.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I am debating getting the Note 4. I have a 6 Plus now but am missing some of the Android benefits. I do LOVE the 6 Plus camera in almost all conditions. That is really important to me. How does the Note 4 camera compare, especially low light? Also are the batteries close in longevity? The 6 Plus has a great battery. Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!!

I'm still testing things now. But I can give some insight on a few things. The Note 4 camera is better. Or at least it seems better. When taking a picture in optimal conditions, I got a better picture from the Note 4. And it seemed a lot better. But you also have to consider that I viewed the picture taken by each device in that device. Having a higher resolution screen on the Note 4, could have influenced how good the picture looked. As far as battery life, the iPhone is winning but slightly. And it is hard to even make that claim because honestly, I used my Note 4 more than I'm using the iPhone 6 plus. I had the s-pen out almost every time I picked up the phone which I think uses more battery. But by the end of the work day, my Note would be at 20 percent and that's after 10 hours. I have two more hours at work now and I'm at 60 percent in my iPhone 6 plus. One of the things that I really love about Android that I had missed while on iOS was the background processing. I upload all of my photos to Flickr. On the iPhone, I actually have to open the app and then the pictures will back up. On the Note 4, it's done automatically. I love being able to multitask on the Note 4. And one feature I have come to love is pinning s-notes onto the home screen. It's like having digital post-it notes. The iPhone 6 Plus is faster and smoother and that's with everything. I didn't think that the Note 4 really lagged until I got the iPhone 6 plus. The apps are still better on iOS. I have always been a fan of AMOLED and have always preferred it. But the screen on the iPhone 6 plus looks better. Images in the screen look crisper even though the Note has a higher resolution. The stock keyboard on iOS is a lot better than the Samsung keyboard. Siri is better than Google Now and S-voice. The messaging app on iOS is better than the stock app on the Note. It's even better than Hangouts. Safari is better than Chrome. Faster with more features. The Note 4 charges faster and boots faster. Sound quality on phone calls are about the same. A little louder on the iPhone. But there are settings on the Note 4 that will boost the volume. However, when you use FaceTime audio for calls, it is the best sound clarity that I have ever heard on a phone. I love the file system on the Note 4. Really makes it an awesome device to work with. And what it boils down to this far is that for work, the Note 4 is better. For every thing else, I would choose the iPhone 6. But that just at this point. I'm going to give the iPhone another few days and we will see what happens.

Sent from my 128 GB, Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

lo_bro23

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Got my Verizon Note 4 yesterday! I am SO happy with it!! I'm now getting a great signal here at home!! It's really nice not to need to go out in the middle of the yard to use the phone now! LOL The camera is awesome, too!! It's quite a bit different than my poor old Galaxy S3 & I have much to learn! Love reading all of the posts on the forums here. I learn something new each time I'm here!

Posted via the Android Central App

Stephen Martino

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Long story, I had a note 2 for about a month. I did not like the camera (maybe I did not learn to use it properly) so I gave the note 2 to my sister and got an iphone 5. I discovered very quickly that I had made a mistake; but my sister loved the note 2; so I waited until my contract allowed me to switch to the note 4.
I think I have to take a look at the manual. I cannot remember where to set up apps to only use wifi not cellular, or to set up which apps to allow notifications. Love the phone so far, I did not even need to use my ipad air last night. The screen is great.
To restrict apps using Mobile data in the background is under Settings, Data Usage. Select the app the check the box the restrict using Mobile data in the background.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I had to wait 8+ with work until I opened it.

As much as love my LG G3, nothing beat opening a brand new phone!!!

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Nah, just got my oneplus-one :)

Ah gotcha.

I've been without an Android phone since I shattered the screen on my SGIII. REALLY missed it. Almost caved and got a Note 3. But I just made myself be patient.

So glad I did! I LOVE this phone!!!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Ah gotcha.

I've been without an Android phone since I shattered the screen on my SGIII. REALLY missed it. Almost caved and got a Note 3. But I just made myself be patient.

So glad I did! I LOVE this phone!!!

That's a huge difference coming from the S3 to the Note 4.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I just noticed something. Does anyone else notice the little square shapes on the top and bottom of the phone near the antenna lines. What are those?

joklun

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Seems like a very good phone and I think this is gonna be my next one:) How about the recent app button, is there a lag when pressing it before the menu appears? Is it bothering?