Note 4 Samsung Email App vs Google App

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
For years in have been an avid user of Google email apps on both android and iPhone.
Yesterday I decided to use the Samsung Email App it's not bad at all.
Any input on your experiences with the Ssmsung Emaill application will be much appreciated.
I have used the Apple iPhone email application for pulling Google email not to bad but not as fluid as using the iPhone Google Email application.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Email App vs Google App

GMail app will always be the best way to get your GMail. OK, maybe not always haha but at least for now, it is. The stock Samsung E-Mail app is great, but I use it just for my work e-mail account. GMail app just has better layout and search capabilities.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

I hate the way the Gmail app combines the emails together in a conversation mode. Never liked that. The Samsung email app is the way I rolled for some time since Galaxy S2. The new email app even has the slide to delete option which has been needed for a long time. If you just have Gmail then I think it's ok, but I have other emails (ISP, Outlook, etc.) that Samsung email just works better in my opinion.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

GMail app will always be the best way to get your GMail. OK, maybe not always haha but at least for now, it is. The stock Samsung E-Mail app is great, but I use it just for my work e-mail account. GMail app just has better layout and search capabilities.
I prefer Samsung email client over Gmail Imo. I hate the layout of Gmail

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

davekr

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I recently discovered MailWise. I use it for my Exchange work email. It is great. My company requires a PIN or password for unlocking the phone (which disables the fingerprint scanner for unlock) but MailWise has an Exchange Security Bypass feature. I use that and then enable the fingerprint scanner along with a password for unlocking.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I personally don't like Samsung's email client. I use the Gmail app.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I hate the way the Gmail app combines the emails together in a conversation mode. Never liked that. The Samsung email app is the way I rolled for some time since Galaxy S2. The new email app even has the slide to delete option which has been needed for a long time. If you just have Gmail then I think it's ok, but I have other emails (ISP, Outlook, etc.) that Samsung email just works better in my opinion.

That's something I do use all the time. I like keeping track of the conversation, especially for work, and even more if a discussion has been spanning for a few days without activity.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

That's something I do use all the time. I like keeping track of the conversation, especially for work, and even more if a discussion has been spanning for a few days without activity.

You make a great point. I use texting if goes into a conversation mode, thank you share plan, unlimited texting.

heystek

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

It's also worth noting Cloudmagic (I don't have enough posts to add a link)

For Flashoholics it is a dream. It saves the account settings for all your email accounts, so you have a single sign in when you install the app. It also includes password lock (Don't know if it has fingerprint reader support), unified mailbox, and the swipe gestures like the Gmail app. I moved to that a few months ago and never looked back.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

And so it happens that GMail is apparently going to be updated to accept Outlook, Exchange, and Yahoo accounts. Yeii!!

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

After reading all the complaints and problems with the latest GMail (and Yahoo) app updates in the Play Store on my previous phone I never updated them. When I set up my N4 because the only GMail & Yahoo apps I could download were the latest ones I decided to try the native email app for both my GMail & Yahoo accounts in addition to my MS Exchange business account and have been satisfied with the results.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I strongly recommend aquamail, it accept all email account types, and has a black theme that saves battery.

This is amoled screen, a dark theme will make it last longer.

@T-Mobile GN3

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

It's also worth noting Cloudmagic (I don't have enough posts to add a link)

For Flashoholics it is a dream. It saves the account settings for all your email accounts, so you have a single sign in when you install the app. It also includes password lock (Don't know if it has fingerprint reader support), unified mailbox, and the swipe gestures like the Gmail app. I moved to that a few months ago and never looked back.

I tried Cloudmagic... but though the notifications are supposed to be PUSH, they actually took a few minutes more than the native apps to get through :( Plus, for some reason, the only option available on Android Wear notifications for that app is REPLY ALL. So, uninstalled for now :(

slinky

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Samsung's email app is fantastic. It contains options up the wazoo, such as peak and non-peak email checking times that save battery life. It has virtually anything you could want except (a) swipe gestures, e.g. swipe left to delete, (b) use of faces if you want it. Maybe it has those. If it had the first, I'd use it for everything.

Mailwise is superb but is lighter on features as is Blue Mail - which is very similar and also stupendous for free. Bluemail doesn't seem to have download with wifi and automatic delete with a swipe. With Mailwise, it doesn't have certain features either but it does have most. It's probably the most efficient and what I'd use if not using the Samsung email app. Mailwise doesn't have automatically downloading attachments if not using wifi up to #kb of data and a couple of other things. It's otherwise an outstanding app.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

I'm with you on both accounts! Never liked how Gmail lumps messages together & I hated them dam labels!! The stock email app has been smooth and trouble free for me as far back as my Samsung Transform Ultra phone, yikes!!

Posted via the Android Central App

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Samsung's email app is fantastic. It contains options up the wazoo, such as peak and non-peak email checking times that save battery life.

This only applies to non-push email, but the one thing I don't like about the sync settings on the stock app is that the maximum frequency of the sync schedule is only every 15 minutes. Most third party email apps let you set that to a greater frequency, even every minute. I have 4 email accounts on the Samsung app, two push (Gmail and Outlook), one pull (plain Yahoo), and one that's supposed to be push but which the app only recognizes as pull (Yahoo Small Business). I'd like the option of setting the sync settings to something more frequent than every 15 minutes. It's no skin off the app's nose.

I have the paid version of AquaMail, which lets you set the sync schedule to whatever you want (and which has a lot more options than even the supposedly option-tastic Samsung app), but I use the Samsung app primarily because it lets me read the entire contents of an email message on the Gear 1 watch. Which I don't wear every day, but still . . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer