Note 4 Signal Quality so far?

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I know it's day one and time will tell... But how does the signal strength appear to be on the Note 4 so far? I tried the Note 3 and absolutely loved the phone but I couldn't get or make phone calls from my house the radio seemed to be so weak. The S4 I had also had the same issues, yet my iPhone 5s and my work Casio flip phone both work fine. I have a iPhone 6 Plus on order to keep my place in line but would much rather have the Note 4 if the radio is finally up to par with the iPhone or other devices. Thanks

beavo451

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be the same as my S4. The wife has an iPhone 5 and we don't really notice any signal differences between our phones.

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why the Samsung radio doesn't like my house. I've talked to verizon tech support too and they said my area should be fine... but it's just not samsung compatible I guess :'(

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had the phone since Monday and I've had good signal... I even get LTE now in my house where I didn't before.

So for me.. LTE everywhere and good signal. No complaints.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Same with me at our house (with Note 3). It's out of signal most of the time while Moto X is perfectly fine. I called them to x complain and was told it should be fine. Then I got the replacement and have the same problem. Now looking to sell and buy another phone. I was never happy with Samsung radios on Verizon (GNex, S3).

via AC App on VZW Moto X/N7

jrsmiles

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Coming off a iPhone 5S I've noticed my Note 4 will hold wifi signal longer and farther out into my yard than my 5S. Also in my back bedroom my 5S would sometimes drop wifi but the Note has held up well so far.

I need a new router.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Coming off a iPhone 5S I've noticed my Note 4 will hold wifi signal longer and farther out into my yard than my 5S. Also in my back bedroom my 5S would sometimes drop wifi but the Note has held up well so far.

I need a new router.

Of you have deep pockets, try the Netgear Nighthawk. Either that or get some wifi extender.

Posted via the Android Central App

jrsmiles

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Of you have deep pockets, try the Netgear Nighthawk. Either that or get some wifi extender.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out.

I've tried an extender before but it didn't do what I wanted it to do. It created a separate network outside my normal network, that didn't allow me to share media since there were essentially two different networks in play. When I connected to my HOME-EXT it wouldn't recognize devices on HOME. Now it sits in a box.

I've thought about some boosted antennas or running a long cable to an antenna in the middle of the attic or something. I'm perfectly happy with my data transfer rates off my current router, just the range sucks.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Interesting comment about Verizon and Samsung. If I am not mistaken a VzW phone would have to be backwards compatible with CDMA with many users probably for the most part in CDMA backwards compatible territories whereas an AT&T phone would be GSM backwards compatible with most users in GSM backwards compatible territories. I am not claiming to know but maybe the Samsung radio tray has got a better GSM radio in it than a CDMA radio.

There was a time when CDMA and GSM were really going after the same market and the same players globally. GSM clearly won the numbers game battle if you just want to talk about sheer numbers. CDMA did better here in the states than it did globally. GSM just crushed it globally. That said, you just cannot ignore Verizon Wireless sheer size as an individual carrier. Anyway I am sure as heck going to find out the same thing myself shortly, going from an iPhone to my much anticipated N4.

Sean Jahanmir

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the Note 4 and I noticed that the reception coverage bars show only 2 bars in my house even though all my other phones show 4 or 5. But when I do make or receive a call, the bars pop back up to 4 or 5, and as soon as I hang up, the bars go back down to 2 and don't move again until the next call. Looks like a software thing. Anyone else noticing this on their Note 4?

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
It's actually really weird. I had the Note 3 on TMobile and got the Note 4 and now it is saying I have 4G LTE whereas with the Note 3, I only had HSPA+. I could have sworn the Note 3 was supposed to have LTE, but...oh well, I have it now!

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I get great AT&T reception. I have an iPhone 5s for work and in a side to side speed test of LTE in my house the Note 4 was getting 18 down while the iPhone was getting 5 - 6.

Sent from my Note 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
An update to my response.. I am finding way better signal in areas that I may of had weak signal before. Such as I play pool every week.. I used to use HSPA at the pool hall. Now I get 20 Mbps down LTE constant there.. So It seems better than my Note 3 :).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I know it's day one and time will tell... But how does the signal strength appear to be on the Note 4 so far? I tried the Note 3 and absolutely loved the phone but I couldn't get or make phone calls from my house the radio seemed to be so weak. The S4 I had also had the same issues, yet my iPhone 5s and my work Casio flip phone both work fine. I have a iPhone 6 Plus on order to keep my place in line but would much rather have the Note 4 if the radio is finally up to par with the iPhone or other devices. Thanks

Better signal strength doesn't necessarily mean better data speeds. My note 3 signal strength at 104dbm, iPhone 6 plus at 109 dbm. Both on Verizon lte

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413870196.157478.jpg

my7ymyhu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the Note 4 but based on past experience, I'll say that Samsung radios perform slightly worse in low signal areas, but their wifi reception is excellent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie