01-19-2016 12:15 PM
210 1234 ...
tools
    Well, as long as you don't have any personal information on it, then it's no worries. The finger print scanner works very well on the N4. I like to lock my phone since I use it to pay bills. It seems that they improved it from the S5 which received a ton of complaints.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I use it for that as well. My phone is used for everything.. I just have no passwords saved and also have my bank account not remember the phone as an authorized computer. If my phone was to get taken I'd lock it up real fast with Android device manager.. Either way though.. They wouldn't be able to find anything.
    10-17-2014 09:56 PM
    I think where most go wrong is they're not swiping their entire finger over the home button. You actually have to start about a thumbs width above the home button and swipe the finger all the way across it and off the bottom. It's not as intuitive as Apple's, but does work once you figure it out.

lazerproof likes this.
    10-17-2014 10:45 PM
    Tried it just for fun but I don't use any lock screen, have no need. Not a pray in the world that I would ever lose my phone or let it out of my possession. It's gets treated like a baby and I would never lose one of them lol

GALAXY NOTE 4, GO BIG OR GO HOME
    10-17-2014 10:45 PM
    I think where most go wrong is they're not swiping their entire finger over the home button. You actually have to start about a thumbs width above the home button and swipe the finger all the way across it and off the bottom. It's not as intuitive as Apple's, but does work once you figure it out.

By whole finger do you mean you have to swipe more than your fingertip down to the first knuckle? I wouldn't think it would need more than that much of your finger.
    10-17-2014 10:58 PM
    Just follow the directions...start about one inch above home button and swiping down over the home button...voila
    10-17-2014 11:51 PM
    I just use 1 digit of my thumb. I love it, no passwords to remember.

Only downside is, if you get your finger/hand cut off, then oops!
    dorrien12 and rdroyer like this.
    10-18-2014 12:06 AM
    Just follow the directions...start about one inch above home button and swiping down over the home button...voila
    +1

10-18-2014 01:08 AM
    I just use 1 digit of my thumb. I love it, no passwords to remember.

Only downside is, if you get your finger/hand cut off, then oops!
    If that happened not being able to access my phone would be my last thought.

rdroyer likes this.
    10-18-2014 02:00 AM
    I use it. Works probably 65% of the time. Still better than typing a password.
    10-18-2014 02:05 AM
    Yeah .. see .. this would drive me nuts. With my swype (no pw) unlock it is 100% so far ^_^.
    10-18-2014 02:12 AM

Also if registered my left thumb too so if I lost both damn.
    10-18-2014 02:13 AM
    I've kept it on but in all honesty is not as good as the touch ID on the iPhone's which may be a deal breaker for me. I'm actually contemplating returning and cancelling my contact
    10-18-2014 03:10 AM
    That a little bit of a joke, if you can't access your phone with fingerprint, it has a password backup

10-18-2014 03:25 AM
    That a little bit of a joke, if you can't access your phone with fingerprint, it has a password backup
    I've forgot my password oops
    10-18-2014 05:09 AM
    Coming from the s4, the finger print sensor is new to me and i quite like it so far.

10-18-2014 07:11 AM
    I've kept it on but in all honesty is not as good as the touch ID on the iPhone's which may be a deal breaker for me. I'm actually contemplating returning and cancelling my contact
    Specifically in what way is it not as good as touch ID?

10-18-2014 07:37 AM
    For me is been working 90%+ percent of the time. You must not be swiping properly.

10-18-2014 07:42 AM
    For me is been working 90%+ percent of the time. You must not be swiping properly.

Still not good enough for me. I would need like 99.9 lol.
    trandz likes this.
    10-18-2014 07:51 AM
    Specifically in what way is it not as good as touch ID?

With Apples you don't have to swype.. Simply press your finger to the button and you're good to go.
    gottria and SteveISU like this.
    10-18-2014 07:52 AM
    With Apples you don't have to swype.. Simply press your finger to the button and you're good to go.
    This^^^^^^^^

Apples is much much easier and user friendly. Come Monday it will get an additional feature, Apple pay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    gottria likes this.
    10-18-2014 08:53 AM
    Still not good enough for me. I would need like 99.9 lol.
    Usually the misses are my fault, do to a bad swipe.

10-18-2014 08:58 AM
    I usually have to swipe twice to unlock and that's fine. I use a password and that is a real pain in my car dock when driving. I intend to set up a swipe when the phone is in the car dock. I wouldn't think of not using a locked screen with all the sensitive info on my phone. You may not realize it's gone (either stolen or left somewhere) for awhile and then you need computer access to use remote lock/wipe so I don't view the remote lock/wipe as a viable solution.

On a side note I use Dragon voice recognition to make calls when the screen is locked and it works very well.
    10-18-2014 09:50 AM
    I don't use any sort of password entry for my phone. Annoys me. :P.
    Wow! How do you keep nosy eyes out your phone then?

girls love tech too
    reesh11 likes this.
    10-18-2014 10:04 AM
    As I said earlier, in my case I am going to have to wait to get the phablet in hand to know if I am willing to tolerate the way the N4 scanner is set up. I am not optimistic about the requirement to lock immediately to get it to work...no dormant time delay. As for the iPhone scanner, that you don't have to swipe is an obvious advantage....that was a point that went to the iPhone in my decision process. But I already knew it was unclear I would use it on the N4, even unclear I would use it on the iPhone. So that point did not take the iPhone very far in my case.

You want these things to go dormant ASAP to conserve battery life. But in this case, with no delay to lock that is something of a downside for the scanner. Plus if I use it I will likely be swiping the thing constantly. Home button will get smudged more often, probably require some cleaning to function as a scanner optimally....may even wear out sooner. So I am still up in the air till I get it. But strongly considering no lock or password protect over the scanner at this point.
    10-18-2014 10:04 AM
    I have my finger swipe lock screen set up for a 10 minute delay.
    10-18-2014 10:08 AM
210 1234 ...