Note 4 Fingerprint scanner or not?

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Fingerprint scanner or not?

I've kept it on but in all honesty is not as good as the touch ID on the iPhone's which may be a deal breaker for me. I'm actually contemplating returning and cancelling my contact

Specifically in what way is it not as good as touch ID?

Posted via the Android Central App

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

With Apples you don't have to swype.. Simply press your finger to the button and you're good to go.

This^^^^^^^^

Apples is much much easier and user friendly. Come Monday it will get an additional feature, Apple pay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I usually have to swipe twice to unlock and that's fine. I use a password and that is a real pain in my car dock when driving. I intend to set up a swipe when the phone is in the car dock. I wouldn't think of not using a locked screen with all the sensitive info on my phone. You may not realize it's gone (either stolen or left somewhere) for awhile and then you need computer access to use remote lock/wipe so I don't view the remote lock/wipe as a viable solution.

On a side note I use Dragon voice recognition to make calls when the screen is locked and it works very well.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

As I said earlier, in my case I am going to have to wait to get the phablet in hand to know if I am willing to tolerate the way the N4 scanner is set up. I am not optimistic about the requirement to lock immediately to get it to work...no dormant time delay. As for the iPhone scanner, that you don't have to swipe is an obvious advantage....that was a point that went to the iPhone in my decision process. But I already knew it was unclear I would use it on the N4, even unclear I would use it on the iPhone. So that point did not take the iPhone very far in my case.

You want these things to go dormant ASAP to conserve battery life. But in this case, with no delay to lock that is something of a downside for the scanner. Plus if I use it I will likely be swiping the thing constantly. Home button will get smudged more often, probably require some cleaning to function as a scanner optimally....may even wear out sooner. So I am still up in the air till I get it. But strongly considering no lock or password protect over the scanner at this point.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

My girlfriends, my daughter she's 3, my nosy sister...the list can go on for me.

girls love tech too

Sounds like they need to respect your things a little more ;)... Except your daughter... My brothers kid would do the same if he saw my phone (he's 2).. He'd want games.. But My friends wouldn't just pick my phone up and try to go through it. That's a private thing.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Well that is interesting. There are a bunch of earlier posts either in this thread or the other F scanner thread that people have had to set it for immediate lock with no delay to get it to work. Sounds like you are not doing that if I read your post right mty msi

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like they need to respect your things a little more ;)... Except your daughter... My brothers kid would do the same if he saw my phone (he's 2).. He'd want games.. But My friends wouldn't just pick my phone up and try to go through it. That's a private thing.
So private I know! That's why I NEED some type of security protection. Plus I lost a phone before and that feeling made me almost lose my mind. I backtrack my last movement and couldn't find the dang phone.

girls love tech too

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

So private I know! That's why I NEED some type of security protection. Plus I lost a phone before and that feeling made me almost lose my mind. I backtrack my last movement and couldn't find the dang phone.

girls love tech too

Ensure to have Android Device Manager setup on your device. It can help in a situation like that. You can locate, lock, and wipe the device if needed :).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-security-talk/372087-guide-android-device-manager.html

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Well that is interesting. There are a bunch of earlier posts either in this thread or the other F scanner thread that people have had to set it for immediate lock with no delay to get it to work. Sounds like you are not doing that if I read your post right mty msi

Correct, my finger swipe lock screen is set to activate after a 10 minute delay and both the finger swipe and the delay work.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

For me is been working 90%+ percent of the time. You must not be swiping properly.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ehhh. It has its good days and its bad days. I usually get it on the first or second try but every once and a while I have to swipe it like 10 times. Or just hold it in my left hand and swipe down with my index finger, which always works.