01-19-2016 01:15 PM
210 ... 56789
tools
    From my experience the scanner works much better if I hold the phone almost level/flat. When I hold the phone more vertical as in normal use it is way less accurate for me. It may just be how I trained it, but I am happy with the accuracy.
    12-15-2014 01:43 PM
    I use mine but i don't find it 100% reliable there are times i have to do it 2-3 times before it recognizes it. They need to do it like Apple physically on the home button.
    12-15-2014 01:51 PM
    Have been using mine for the past 3 weeks and am use to it. It's like 89% accurate but I can live with that.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    12-15-2014 02:03 PM
    I started using mine but it was too frustrating. After reading through here though I might give it another shot and just be more patient.
    12-15-2014 05:05 PM
    It set up easy enough but man I couldn't access my phone! So I turned it off
    I set up the maximum number of prints...3...left and right index fingers and right thumb. They all work fine. You just have to make sure you swipe them correctly or they won't work...which is a great thing, security-wise. If swiped incorrectly, you simply re-swipe. You still have the option to use a password or unlock pattern.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-15-2014 05:58 PM
    Would registering the same finger three times make it more accurate or does it not work that way?
    12-15-2014 06:50 PM
    +1 for the index finger. I have recorded a thumb print too but it's not as reliable as my index print which works first time on most occasions.

Great feature.
    12-15-2014 08:44 PM
    Absolutely! Your banking app with the Fingersecurity app is great! Any site I can spend money on is secure with Fingersecurity.

I don't have any problems with mine. I would say it's 99% accurate. I don't remember the last time it missed and I use it 10 times a day.

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4
    12-15-2014 09:18 PM
    I use the fingerprint scanner. Initially, I had only used it for a day then I turned it off. But then I watched a YouTube video on how to actually use it. It has been good ever since. It does take touch. But once you learn how to do it, you shouldn't have any issues anymore.

Note in my house!
    12-15-2014 09:25 PM
    When you do the fingerprint its better to swipe down with your finger then then do a sideways swipe with same finger that way it detects your whole finger so it works straight away instead of swiping 5 times or more to unlock phone
    12-16-2014 02:10 AM
    I use mine but i don't find it 100% reliable there are times i have to do it 2-3 times before it recognizes it. They need to do it like Apple physically on the home button.
    I have a work issued iPhone and it is just as bad. It takes two to three times to unlock. In this time-frame I would have unlocked using a password.
    12-16-2014 04:13 AM
    I have tried, trust me I've tried. I read that registering the same finger 6 times makes it better. I read that the recent update made it better.

But its not better !!

The fingerprint registers fine, its the only screen which seems to recognize it. Actually using it to unlock the phone is not reliable at all and is a pain. What I really don't understand is - why can't I have a pattern as backup instead of password?
    12-16-2014 04:20 AM
    It's interesting that it seems to work well with some and not others. I did have trouble when I first tried it but I wasn't paying good attention to how you were supposed to swipe. I also believe that having a case on makes it a little more difficult to swipe all the way through it.

Note in my house!
    12-16-2014 04:54 AM
    hmmm interesting my wife has the iphone 6 no issues at all. Maybe you have a defective one?
    12-16-2014 09:39 AM
    hmmm interesting my wife has the iphone 6 no issues at all. Maybe you have a defective one?
    I thought Touch ID Worked flawlessly on my iPhone 5S and 6 Plus. It just works in a different way. I liked that Touch ID works with more than 3 fingers. But I guess that's not such a big deal.

Note in my house!
    12-17-2014 05:18 AM
    Here's what I've finally figured out about the fingerprint scanner. If you don't like it, like me, it's your fault because you're doing it wrong. Once you train yourself on its proper use, you'll like it. Bottom line, it blows.
    12-17-2014 06:53 AM
    Here's what I've finally figured out about the fingerprint scanner. If you don't like it, like me, it's your fault because you're doing it wrong. Once you train yourself on its proper use, you'll like it. Bottom line, it blows.
    It sucks that you have had a bad experience.

Note in my house!
    12-17-2014 01:09 PM
    It sucks that you have had a bad experience.

Note in my house!
    I've forced myself to use it and it's growing on me, but there is a learning curve. And there shouldn't be. I wish the fingerprint scanner integrated with Google Wallet.
    12-17-2014 03:23 PM
    I have not tried it yet.
    12-17-2014 03:42 PM
    I've forced myself to use it and it's growing on me, but there is a learning curve. And there shouldn't be. I wish the fingerprint scanner integrated with Google Wallet.
    There is somewhat of a learning curve. I will agree with that. Not sure why Samsung decided to implement it that way. But I have been able to acclimate to it so I haven't had any issues.

Note in my house!
    12-17-2014 03:55 PM
    Hello, I'm having trouble with my fingerprint scanner. After I register my fingerprint it only works once I turn the phone off and back on. After the initial fingerprint scan if I lock it and go back to the home screen the phone no longer asks for the fingerprint but asks me to swipe to unlock. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Or do I have a defective device
    01-10-2015 01:29 PM
    Here is how to fix this.
    Settings
    Device
    Lock Screen
    Secured Lock Time
    Instantly with the power key or when the screen times out
    01-10-2015 01:33 PM
    Hello, I'm having trouble with my fingerprint scanner. After I register my fingerprint it only works once I turn the phone off and back on. After the initial fingerprint scan if I lock it and go back to the home screen the phone no longer asks for the fingerprint but asks me to swipe to unlock. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Or do I have a defective device
    01-10-2015 01:39 PM
    I use mine steady, quick and handy for that little piece of mind security

N4
    01-10-2015 03:03 PM
    I came up with a compromise since I use my phone so much. I use PIN and a 10 minute delay time, and put all my sensitive stuff behind the Knox partition, which uses fingerprint to open. Best of both worlds that way, convenience for daily use, and security for my financial stuff.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-10-2015 03:23 PM
210 ... 56789