Note 4 Fingerprint scanner or not?

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
How many are keeping theirs on? I have mine on right now as it's new but not sure if I will keep it for good or not.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Fingerprint scanner or not?

I don't use any sort of password entry for my phone. Annoys me. :p.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site

It is just as easy as swiping the screen. No accidental turn on from the screen swipe. I scanned two thumbs and right index finger and can use any of them at any angle, just swipe down. I have it set so it doesn't actually require a finger until it is idle for 10 minutes, screen swipe wakes it during the 10 minutes. I see absolutely no reason not to unless you are simply to lazy to swipe your fingers 10 times to set it up. Swipe at every imaginable angle you might use during the training and it works fricking great.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It is just as easy as swiping the screen. No accidental turn on from the screen swipe. I scanned two thumbs and right index finger and can use any of them at any angle, just swipe down. I have it set so it doesn't actually require a finger until it is idle for 10 minutes, screen swipe wakes it during the 10 minutes. I see absolutely no reason not to unless you are simply to lazy to swipe your fingers 10 times to set it up. Swipe at every imaginable angle you might use during the training and it works fricking great.

I don't simply due to annoyance... For you it works but I use my phone a ton during the day. Times it's on the desk and I just swype and unlock it and do whatever.. No worry about doing it properly on the button. One fail is enough to annoy me.. Especially since my phone is always on me so the security is a moot point.

As I said.. That's for me. It's cool if you feel different or have different needs :). Just isn't my cup of tea.. Locks for my phone never have been.

omarm

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

Hello, I'm having trouble with my fingerprint scanner. After I register my fingerprint it only works once I turn the phone off and back on. After the initial fingerprint scan if I lock it and go back to the home screen the phone no longer asks for the fingerprint but asks me to swipe to unlock. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Or do I have a defective device :(

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Hello, I'm having trouble with my fingerprint scanner. After I register my fingerprint it only works once I turn the phone off and back on. After the initial fingerprint scan if I lock it and go back to the home screen the phone no longer asks for the fingerprint but asks me to swipe to unlock. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Or do I have a defective device :(

Try following the below screenshots. Ensure you have your lock screen set to fingerprint.

Attachments

• 1413585316317.jpg
    1413585316317.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 372
  • 1413585323208.jpg
    1413585323208.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 373
  • 1413585331718.jpg
    1413585331718.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 369

IrishFXDB

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

"Swipe the entire pad"

After seeing that for the millionth time I gave up.

Posted via the Android Central App

omarm

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

Try following the below screenshots. Ensure you have your lock screen set to fingerprint.

Thanks for your reply. I originally followed all of the steps but no luck. Another used just created a thread with the same problem as mines. Hopefully we can get this resolved... thanks again for the screen shots.

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

No bc I'm using a gear fit, so it automatically unlocks the device when held together. Pretty cool

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for your reply. I originally followed all of the steps but no luck. Another used just created a thread with the same problem as mines. Hopefully we can get this resolved... thanks again for the screen shots.

No worries. I replied to that thread with another suggestion :).

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Yup the guys in the other thread sound like exactly the same problem. Seems "quirky" which would bother the heck out of me. Had a Lenova laptop that had the same kind of fingerprint scanner. The only thing that saved it is that it would take either password or scan. Got to the point where I would not even try the fingerprint scan. Was not worth the effort...just used password.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci