Note 4 Can't use finger scanner to unlock?

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys I just got my att note 4. I upgraded from the Verizon s5 and on it I have the screen lock set to finger print. So every time I want to unlock the screen I have to swipe. On the att note 4 the settings are different and I registered my print and set the screen lock to fingerprint but when I lock the screen and go to unlock it it says swipe to unlock and I can just swipe my finger across the display to get in my phone. Any suggestions? Did I miss something?

Posted via the Android Central App

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't use finger scanner to unlock?

If I could remember where I read this, I would point you to it but I can't.

One of the reviews talked about things to do to get it to work at least as good as it can work. Most of the reviews just complain about how it works or I guess I should say, how it doesn't work.

Anyway, what finger are you using. The review suggested that you wanted to be able to swipe as close to vertical as you can and should choose which finger to swipe based on that. You should swipe using a steady pace over the button. So thumb is basically out while trying to hold onto a pretty big device. The fact that you have to swipe makes it really tough. Also I think I read in the same review that you can chose to hold in memory more than one print. So if one is not working or if one is just flat giving you a hard time, you can try one of the other fingerprints that you have stored.

I am sorry I can't remember more but I can't even remember the location for this particular review.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for your help but it's not that it's not recognizing my finger. The problem is the phone isn't prompting me to swipe my finger on the scanner at all. It's like even though in settings I have it set to fingerprint unlock, it is stuck on the slide to unlock method. I've tried changing to other unlock methods and those don't work either.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I also tried a restore (erase all content & settings) and I still have this problem. Any other AT&T Note 4 users that are unable to use the fingerprint scanner as the screen unlock??

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Well that is a different one. You would think it would have to prompt you every time you woke the phone up again. Would not be a surprise if that turned out to be a tech support call. Would be interested to know how this one works out. I know...thats a lotta' help isn't it?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Ensure you also have the phone set to lock right away... You can adjust that here.

Attachments

• 1413586089776.jpg
    1413586089776.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 23

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Well that is an interesting take on this. Many really don't want to set it to lock instantly because that will force them to swipe every time to get access to the phone again. Honestly if that is what is required, I just won't set it up.

omarm

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

Ensure you also have the phone set to lock right away... You can adjust that here.

Thank you Almeuit! This worked for me. This is my first android phone (former iPhone user) I have a feeling I may be asking a lot of stupid questions here :/.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

UGH! I feel so stupid lol. It's amazing how different the settings are from the Verizon S5 to the AT&T Note 4. I figured it out and I came back to this thread to post and saw your post. Thanks anyway man. Feel so slow lol.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Thank you Almeuit! This worked for me. This is my first android phone (former iPhone user) I have a feeling I may be asking a lot of stupid questions here :/.

No question is too stupid for the internet :D. Enjoy your phone man!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I am glad that fixed your guys issue! :).

Edit - also there aren't stupid questions.. No worries. That's why we are here :D.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon