09-08-2016 05:49 AM
48 12
tools
    I am using total recall app for recording call, you can try this app is working great in my note 4
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    03-21-2015 05:57 AM
    no need to root to record calls with automatic call recorder and it works perfectly
    03-21-2015 07:03 AM
    It is not illegal to record your personal phone call. Nothing illegal about it.

IF, however you try to use one of the recorded calls as evidence in a court, if the other party was not informed the call was being recorded, the evidence, (the recording) will not be admissible.

Record all the phone conversations you want, there is nothing illegal about it. Just don't try to use them in a court case.
    plumcrazy likes this.
    03-24-2015 02:53 PM
    Method 1: Manually Editing The feature.xml File

The first method uses a third-party root enabled file manager in order to manually edit the feature.xml file. You don’t need to flash anything through recovery and the entire process will only take a couple of minutes.

Step 1

Download and install Root Browser on your Samsung Galaxy S5. You can download it using the Google Play Store button below.

Download on Google PlayStep 2

Launch Root Browser and grant it root access if you get any popup asking for root access.

Step 3

Go to the /system/csc directory and search for the feature.xml file. Press and hold on the feature.xml file and tap on Open with. If you can’t find the feature.xml file, then use the others.xml file.

Step 4

Select RB Text Editor from the list of options in order to open up the text editor.

Step 5

Insert the follow text anywhere in the text file, but between <FeatureSet> and </FeatureSet>.

<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>RecordingAllowed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>

call recording file

Step 6

Tap on the Save button once you have entered the text line.

call recording save

Step 7

Reboot your phone. That’s it! You have successfully enabled call recorder on your Samsung Galaxy S5. If the process was successful, you’ll see a Record button when on a call. To start recording, simply tap on the Record button.

s5 record

Step 8

In order to end recording, tap on the Stop button.

s5 recorder stop
    04-11-2015 09:45 AM
    I am using total recall app for recording call, you can try this app is working great in my note 4
    That app can easily be hacked
    04-11-2015 09:46 AM
    That's a pretty tall claim. Source?
    05-02-2015 12:55 PM
    Automatic call recorder

Posted via the Android Central App
    plumcrazy likes this.
    05-02-2015 03:54 PM
    Automatic call recorder

I second Automatic Call Recorder.
    plumcrazy likes this.
    05-02-2015 07:52 PM
    Well the upgrade to Lollipop killed the functionality of my All Call Recorder. So it seems now that I need some tool to make it possible to edit the xml file (or actually to store it for editing are easy) to get that functionality back. Any recommended tools or tools for rooting the phone?
    05-10-2015 03:16 AM
    My guess is that in Indiana the one party that needs to be notified is the one being recorded. On top of that, it's a federal law that you can't record a phone call without informing the party being recorded that they are being recorded and federal laws supersede state laws.
    I'm in Alabama and only one party needs to know and it can be the party recording and Federal Laws don't supersede this. It can also be used in court here.

In states where two parties have to be notified, doesn't matter if you don't try to use it in court, you can be prosecuted for recording if found out, even if the recording was never used.

I accidentally recorded one of my calls once. I thought it was on my Note 4, but it could have been my S5 before my Lollipop update.
    05-10-2015 03:28 AM
    I use a small digital voice recorder with a mike that sits in an ear plug to record both sides of any call on any phone, cell or landline. Records as mp3 too.
    05-12-2015 02:47 PM
    Call Recorder: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...p.callrecorder

Records both sides of conversation, sometimes it kicks in a little late, but I attribute that to lag on the device

Call recorder never broke on the note 3 and still works today on the note 4. I have over 1371 recorded phone calls and it only takes up 380mb. The formatting of the calls is a little broken at times, but it doesn't affect the final product. I paid for the pro version and this thing has been a real piece of mind to have some of these calls recorded.

Format settings that work for me: File format: 3gpp and source record: Mic.
    plumcrazy likes this.
    05-13-2015 01:16 AM
    It works on mine Note 4 SM-N910C, but just in this manual version. The automatical recording (I am used to use AllCallRecorder and tat worked on Kitkat) can not be set to record. Any better idea that will bring back my recording option?

Method 1: Manually Editing The feature.xml File

The first method uses a third-party root enabled file manager in order to manually edit the feature.xml file. You don’t need to flash anything through recovery and the entire process will only take a couple of minutes.

Step 1

Download and install Root Browser on your Samsung Galaxy S5. You can download it using the Google Play Store button below.

Download on Google PlayStep 2

Launch Root Browser and grant it root access if you get any popup asking for root access.

Step 3

Go to the /system/csc directory and search for the feature.xml file. Press and hold on the feature.xml file and tap on Open with. If you can’t find the feature.xml file, then use the others.xml file.

Step 4

Select RB Text Editor from the list of options in order to open up the text editor.

Step 5

Insert the follow text anywhere in the text file, but between <FeatureSet> and </FeatureSet>.

<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>RecordingAllowed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>

call recording file

Step 6

Tap on the Save button once you have entered the text line.

call recording save

Step 7

Reboot your phone. That’s it! You have successfully enabled call recorder on your Samsung Galaxy S5. If the process was successful, you’ll see a Record button when on a call. To start recording, simply tap on the Record button.

s5 record

Step 8

In order to end recording, tap on the Stop button.

s5 recorder stop
    05-20-2015 12:55 PM
    No, Now you can also try to use 90 days free damo, its safe.!!
    08-11-2015 02:50 AM
    ok thanks but this app also record calls automaticly
    08-11-2015 02:53 AM
    can you tell me how to hack total recall call recorder ?
    08-12-2015 05:45 AM
    Just a heads up, Automatic Call Recorder by Appliqato works perfectly even on speaker phone and even while using a Bluetooth earpiece. I tested using my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from t-mobile on the latest software version LMY47X.N920TUVU1BOH6 and baseband version N920TUVU1BOH6. The latest lollipop 5.1.1.
    09-12-2015 12:10 PM
    AllCallRecorder also works again (by far the best in my oppinion)... upgrade to Lollipop 5.1.1. simply has fixed the error (and maybe a lot of other errors in 5.0.1)
    09-20-2015 02:44 PM
    This thread just ran off the rails, and did answer the guy's question.

Answer: Yes, you can use Total Recall to record conversations on the Note 4 using Android version 4.4.4. No problems.
    None of the recording apps mentioned work with my Note 4 on T-Mobile in AZ.
    Will rooting make a difference?
    04-28-2016 10:47 PM
    Common Law - You can record whatever u want. Particularly if you have suspicion, and is investigating. No point telling a criminal that you are recording him/her.
    We are being recorded all the time most everywhere.
    05-29-2016 03:01 AM
    Automatic call recorder stopped working on my Note 4 when I upgraded to Marshmallow 6.0.1

Tried other recording apps, also stopped working, thanks Samsung.
    07-06-2016 03:34 PM
    Automatic call recorder stopped working on my Note 4 when I upgraded to Marshmallow 6.0.1

My automatic call recorder app still works with Marshmallow. I have Verizon.

07-06-2016 08:32 PM

Try FonTel - Call Recorder app. It works on S5, S6 and Sony Z3 with Marshmallow so maybe on Note 4 too.
    09-08-2016 05:49 AM
48 12