Note 4 and Call Recording

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
This is true, and I am a communications professional. CA, CT, FL HI, IL, MD, MA, MT, NH, PA, WA are two party consent all others only 1 party needs to know. If you hear a periodic beep on the line you are being recorded. Unless you live in that little list above it is perfectly legal for you alone to know and record the call.

This information is wrong.here is what FEDERAL LAW allows...

Federal law permits recording telephone*calls*and in-person conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties. See 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d). This is called a "one-party consent" law. Under a one-party consent law,*you can record a phone call*or conversation so long as*you*are a party to the conversation

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
In Oklahoma only one person needs to know they are being recorded. If i am having a conversation than it is my right to record the conversation, and i do not have to inform the other party.. This goes for phone calls or recording someone in person.

Posted via the Android Central App

kmincey

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
This thread just ran off the rails, and did answer the guy's question.

Answer: Yes, you can use Total Recall to record conversations on the Note 4 using Android version 4.4.4. No problems.

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It is not illegal to record your personal phone call. Nothing illegal about it.

IF, however you try to use one of the recorded calls as evidence in a court, if the other party was not informed the call was being recorded, the evidence, (the recording) will not be admissible.

Record all the phone conversations you want, there is nothing illegal about it. Just don't try to use them in a court case.

I AM UNKNOWN

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Method 1: Manually Editing The feature.xml File

The first method uses a third-party root enabled file manager in order to manually edit the feature.xml file. You don’t need to flash anything through recovery and the entire process will only take a couple of minutes.

Step 1

Download and install Root Browser on your Samsung Galaxy S5. You can download it using the Google Play Store button below.

Download on Google PlayStep 2

Launch Root Browser and grant it root access if you get any popup asking for root access.

Step 3

Go to the /system/csc directory and search for the feature.xml file. Press and hold on the feature.xml file and tap on Open with. If you can’t find the feature.xml file, then use the others.xml file.

Step 4

Select RB Text Editor from the list of options in order to open up the text editor.

Step 5

Insert the follow text anywhere in the text file, but between <FeatureSet> and </FeatureSet>.

<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>RecordingAllowed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>

call recording file

Step 6

Tap on the Save button once you have entered the text line.

call recording save

Step 7

Reboot your phone. That’s it! You have successfully enabled call recorder on your Samsung Galaxy S5. If the process was successful, you’ll see a Record button when on a call. To start recording, simply tap on the Record button.

s5 record

Step 8

In order to end recording, tap on the Stop button.

s5 recorder stop

Steen Gr

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Well the upgrade to Lollipop killed the functionality of my All Call Recorder. So it seems now that I need some tool to make it possible to edit the xml file (or actually to store it for editing are easy) to get that functionality back. Any recommended tools or tools for rooting the phone?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that in Indiana the one party that needs to be notified is the one being recorded. On top of that, it's a federal law that you can't record a phone call without informing the party being recorded that they are being recorded and federal laws supersede state laws.

I'm in Alabama and only one party needs to know and it can be the party recording and Federal Laws don't supersede this. It can also be used in court here.

In states where two parties have to be notified, doesn't matter if you don't try to use it in court, you can be prosecuted for recording if found out, even if the recording was never used.

I accidentally recorded one of my calls once. I thought it was on my Note 4, but it could have been my S5 before my Lollipop update.

Last edited:

Mannikon

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I use a small digital voice recorder with a mike that sits in an ear plug to record both sides of any call on any phone, cell or landline. Records as mp3 too.

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Call Recorder: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=polis.app.callrecorder&token=9hC-tj5e

Records both sides of conversation, sometimes it kicks in a little late, but I attribute that to lag on the device

Call recorder never broke on the note 3 and still works today on the note 4. I have over 1371 recorded phone calls and it only takes up 380mb. The formatting of the calls is a little broken at times, but it doesn't affect the final product. I paid for the pro version and this thing has been a real piece of mind to have some of these calls recorded.

Format settings that work for me: File format: 3gpp and source record: Mic.

Steen Gr

May 10, 2015
Visit site
It works on mine Note 4 SM-N910C, but just in this manual version. The automatical recording (I am used to use AllCallRecorder and tat worked on Kitkat) can not be set to record. Any better idea that will bring back my recording option?

Method 1: Manually Editing The feature.xml File

The first method uses a third-party root enabled file manager in order to manually edit the feature.xml file. You don’t need to flash anything through recovery and the entire process will only take a couple of minutes.

Step 1

Download and install Root Browser on your Samsung Galaxy S5. You can download it using the Google Play Store button below.

Download on Google PlayStep 2

Launch Root Browser and grant it root access if you get any popup asking for root access.

Step 3

Go to the /system/csc directory and search for the feature.xml file. Press and hold on the feature.xml file and tap on Open with. If you can’t find the feature.xml file, then use the others.xml file.

Step 4

Select RB Text Editor from the list of options in order to open up the text editor.

Step 5

Insert the follow text anywhere in the text file, but between <FeatureSet> and </FeatureSet>.

<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>RecordingAllowed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>

call recording file

Step 6

Tap on the Save button once you have entered the text line.

call recording save

Step 7

Reboot your phone. That’s it! You have successfully enabled call recorder on your Samsung Galaxy S5. If the process was successful, you’ll see a Record button when on a call. To start recording, simply tap on the Record button.

s5 record

Step 8

In order to end recording, tap on the Stop button.

s5 recorder stop