Note 4 and Call Recording

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Was upset when an upgrade for the Note 3 disabled recording calls. Am in the construction business and recorded calls a lot. Has anyone tried recording a call on the Note 4? If so, how does it sound? If the Note 4 can't record calls, that is a deal breaker for me.

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Someone can tell me if I'm wrong, but can't you record calls using the Google Voice app, using any Android phone?

Posted via Android Central App

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
When the Note 3 upgraded to 4.4.2, none of the record call apps worked. With a couple of call record apps, you could record your voice but wouldn't record the caller at all. Other apps just produced a lot of weird sounding static on playback. Just wanted to confirm if any of the call record apps work on the Note 4.

dallasfever

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I use google voice but that is not the best option for recording by a long shot. No one wants to hear a message stating they're being recorded lol. Try "Total Call Recorder" use the default settings. Thank me later ;)

Sent from Sprint Note 4

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Considering it is illegal to record a phone call without informing the other party that they are being recorded and the OP is using the recording feature for business purposes an announcement that the call is being recorded is needed.

Munky#AC

Sep 24, 2010
www.kyleajohnson.com
In some States, like indiana, only one party needs to know the call is being recorded. So having the ability to turn off the notification that the call is being recorded would be legal to use and a nice feature to have.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
In some States, like indiana, only one party needs to know the call is being recorded. So having the ability to turn off the notification that the call is being recorded would be legal to use and a nice feature to have.

My guess is that in Indiana the one party that needs to be notified is the one being recorded. On top of that, it's a federal law that you can't record a phone call without informing the party being recorded that they are being recorded and federal laws supersede state laws.

Joshua Speer

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
My guess is that in Indiana the one party that needs to be notified is the one being recorded. On top of that, it's a federal law that you can't record a phone call without informing the party being recorded that they are being recorded and federal laws supersede state laws.

Sorry bud. You're wrong here. In many places on earth you can record a conversation without notification. But usually only if you are in the conversation. In ohio you can't record a conversation you are not a part of. However you most certainly can record a conversation between you and anyone else without notification. Just for everyone out there listening to this guy.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Sorry bud. You're wrong here. In many places on earth you can record a conversation without notification. But usually only if you are in the conversation. In ohio you can't record a conversation you are not a part of. However you most certainly can record a conversation between you and anyone else without notification. Just for everyone out there listening to this guy.

There are federal laws you can be prosecuted under if you are recording communications you are not part of. Otherwise the laws are state by state. But how you can lawfully use that recording varies. For example, in FL and CA all parties have to know they are being recorded, however, what if one party is in a state where only one party has to know?

Posted via the Android Central App

Shahid Ashrafi

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I use google voice but that is not the best option for recording by a long shot. No one wants to hear a message stating they're being recorded lol. Try "Total Call Recorder" use the default settings. Thank me later ;)

Sent from Sprint Note 4

Works great on my note 4 Tmobile. Total call recorder TCR on google play and its free with ads

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Considering it is illegal to record a phone call without informing the other party that they are being recorded and the OP is using the recording feature for business purposes an announcement that the call is being recorded is needed.
It is not illegal here in Indiana.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

This is incorrect information.

mjfastpitch

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
There are federal laws you can be prosecuted under if you are recording communications you are not part of. Otherwise the laws are state by state. But how you can lawfully use that recording varies. For example, in FL and CA all parties have to know they are being recorded, however, what if one party is in a state where only one party has to know?

Posted via the Android Central App

This information is wrong.here is what FEDERAL LAW allows...

Federal law permits recording telephone*calls*and in-person conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties. See 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d). This is called a "one-party consent" law. Under a one-party consent law,*you can record a phone call*or conversation so long as*you*are a party to the conversation

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang