09-08-2016 04:49 AM
48 12
tools
    Was upset when an upgrade for the Note 3 disabled recording calls. Am in the construction business and recorded calls a lot. Has anyone tried recording a call on the Note 4? If so, how does it sound? If the Note 4 can't record calls, that is a deal breaker for me.
    10-17-2014 07:01 PM
    Someone can tell me if I'm wrong, but can't you record calls using the Google Voice app, using any Android phone?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-17-2014 07:14 PM
    Someone can tell me if I'm wrong, but can't you record calls using the Google Voice app, using any Android phone?

Posted via Android Central App
    I was just about to suggest this. More than likely it will work.
    10-17-2014 07:39 PM
    I have Google Voice and can record calls on my Droid Maxx, of course it tells the other caller it is recording.
    10-17-2014 07:50 PM
    When the Note 3 upgraded to 4.4.2, none of the record call apps worked. With a couple of call record apps, you could record your voice but wouldn't record the caller at all. Other apps just produced a lot of weird sounding static on playback. Just wanted to confirm if any of the call record apps work on the Note 4.
    10-18-2014 04:33 PM
    I use google voice but that is not the best option for recording by a long shot. No one wants to hear a message stating they're being recorded lol. Try "Total Call Recorder" use the default settings. Thank me later

Sent from Sprint Note 4
    10-18-2014 05:55 PM
    Considering it is illegal to record a phone call without informing the other party that they are being recorded and the OP is using the recording feature for business purposes an announcement that the call is being recorded is needed.
    10-18-2014 06:04 PM
    In some States, like indiana, only one party needs to know the call is being recorded. So having the ability to turn off the notification that the call is being recorded would be legal to use and a nice feature to have.
    B4ore likes this.
    10-18-2014 06:18 PM
    In some States, like indiana, only one party needs to know the call is being recorded. So having the ability to turn off the notification that the call is being recorded would be legal to use and a nice feature to have.
    My guess is that in Indiana the one party that needs to be notified is the one being recorded. On top of that, it's a federal law that you can't record a phone call without informing the party being recorded that they are being recorded and federal laws supersede state laws.
    10-18-2014 06:21 PM
    My guess is that in Indiana the one party that needs to be notified is the one being recorded. On top of that, it's a federal law that you can't record a phone call without informing the party being recorded that they are being recorded and federal laws supersede state laws.
    Sorry bud. You're wrong here. In many places on earth you can record a conversation without notification. But usually only if you are in the conversation. In ohio you can't record a conversation you are not a part of. However you most certainly can record a conversation between you and anyone else without notification. Just for everyone out there listening to this guy.
    11-01-2014 12:21 AM
    Sorry bud. You're wrong here. In many places on earth you can record a conversation without notification. But usually only if you are in the conversation. In ohio you can't record a conversation you are not a part of. However you most certainly can record a conversation between you and anyone else without notification. Just for everyone out there listening to this guy.
    There are federal laws you can be prosecuted under if you are recording communications you are not part of. Otherwise the laws are state by state. But how you can lawfully use that recording varies. For example, in FL and CA all parties have to know they are being recorded, however, what if one party is in a state where only one party has to know?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-01-2014 07:28 AM
    Where is save in the phone?
    11-02-2014 11:17 AM
    If it is okay for you to root the device then you should try total recall call recorder.
    11-04-2014 06:12 AM
    I use google voice but that is not the best option for recording by a long shot. No one wants to hear a message stating they're being recorded lol. Try "Total Call Recorder" use the default settings. Thank me later

Sent from Sprint Note 4
    Works great on my note 4 Tmobile. Total call recorder TCR on google play and its free with ads
    Ntchwaidumela and arya77670 like this.
    11-18-2014 01:11 AM
    Wanam xposed let's you record
    11-18-2014 01:21 AM
    Works great on my note 4 Tmobile. Total call recorder TCR on google play and its free with ads
    how is it setup for you? I got the Tmobile note4 and I tired the app calld my sister but nothing :/
    11-18-2014 03:17 AM
    11-18-2014 05:56 AM
    Considering it is illegal to record a phone call without informing the other party that they are being recorded and the OP is using the recording feature for business purposes an announcement that the call is being recorded is needed.
    It is not illegal here in Indiana.
    11-18-2014 06:43 AM
    This is incorrect information.
    11-18-2014 06:44 AM
    There are federal laws you can be prosecuted under if you are recording communications you are not part of. Otherwise the laws are state by state. But how you can lawfully use that recording varies. For example, in FL and CA all parties have to know they are being recorded, however, what if one party is in a state where only one party has to know?

This information is wrong.here is what FEDERAL LAW allows...

Federal law permits recording telephone*calls*and in-person conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties. See 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d). This is called a "one-party consent" law. Under a one-party consent law,*you can record a phone call*or conversation so long as*you*are a party to the conversation
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    01-12-2015 11:52 AM
    This is true, and I am a communications professional. CA, CT, FL HI, IL, MD, MA, MT, NH, PA, WA are two party consent all others only 1 party needs to know. If you hear a periodic beep on the line you are being recorded. Unless you live in that little list above it is perfectly legal for you alone to know and record the call.

This information is wrong.here is what FEDERAL LAW allows...

Federal law permits recording telephone*calls*and in-person conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties. See 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d). This is called a "one-party consent" law. Under a one-party consent law,*you can record a phone call*or conversation so long as*you*are a party to the conversation
    PookiePrancer and bigmo555 like this.
    01-12-2015 11:03 PM
    In Oklahoma only one person needs to know they are being recorded. If i am having a conversation than it is my right to record the conversation, and i do not have to inform the other party.. This goes for phone calls or recording someone in person.

Kelly Kearns likes this.
    01-13-2015 01:28 AM
    This thread just ran off the rails, and did answer the guy's question.

Answer: Yes, you can use Total Recall to record conversations on the Note 4 using Android version 4.4.4. No problems.
    ToddK likes this.
    01-20-2015 03:09 PM
    Thanks. all I wanted to know was can you record a call one Note 4? do I have to get an app?
    Just an answer not an arguement
    01-21-2015 01:17 PM
    Root your device and install total recall call recorder, after root it fix all.
    03-17-2015 12:01 AM
48 12