11-19-2014 07:01 PM
101 12345
tools
    T-Mobile, for the last 10 years, and they are great.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-19-2014 10:34 AM
    I am new to the Note 4. Best phone I've ever owned. Might not be correct spot to post. Should I be loading most apps on internal memory or my 128 sdcard?? thanks in advance
    10-19-2014 10:39 AM
    Only problem I've had is with Pocket reader - I've installed and deleted multiple times and clearer cache and it crashes every time I try to login.

I think I have too many items. It says downloading 725 items I need to delete some and retry it
    Pocket isn't working for me either. I have a lot saved in it as well. I've tried clearing the data and cache and reinstalling also. I'm sure an update will be out soon that fixes it.

Pocket as previously mentioned and I downloaded Aviate launcher to try it out and it didn't load completely either
    I had to mass delete my saved articles from PC and then reinstall the app and it works now.

If you don't mind losing everything, this is where you can do it.

Link
    10-19-2014 10:52 AM
    I am new to the Note 4. Best phone I've ever owned. Might not be correct spot to post. Should I be loading most apps on internal memory or my 128 sdcard?? thanks in advance
    Many apps won't load to the card, at least not seamlessly. The ones that do will often only store partially or store data there. Depends on the app. The emerging rule of thumb is "big media files on the card;" apps in internal memory. With a 32gb device, that shouldn't be issue for most people. I was surviving nicely with a 16gb until I just got this Note 4 and I'm no slacker in acquiring apps.

+Google make switching any phone a breeze the integration is so deep one click and your signed in to anything and everything is back to normal.

Well, it has its virtues, but as someone who's been around with these things since the early Palm days, the restore procedure in fact leaves some things to be desired. For instance, I had a couple of apps that did NOT reinstall. I know why--different platform. But it gave me no warning, no effort to find an updated phablet version, etc. Second, I had widgets that had to be reset and reconfigured from scratch. It didn't, in other words, restore all my personalizations or wallpapers, etc. I had to reset up things like the lockscreen and wifi network passwords, too. I had to log back in to every app that requires logins, from Uber to Kindle. I had to set back up on all my personalizations on my most of them (like PowerAmp).

By the time I was done, this was a LONG, rather eye-blurring afternoon. There are so many moving parts here, I'm not sure what they can do to improve this. BUT in the old Palm days, I could point, click, restore a backup. Pretty much everything was perfect and exactly as I left it. It was the mirror image.

Now, here, I understand, it's a different device, and system, but still---not so enthusiastic about Google's restore overall.
    10-19-2014 12:23 PM
    Only issue im having is when I create a folder to organize all my apps, after I import all the apps to the folder and a while later, they are all jumbled up outside the folder again. Some kind of bug.
    10-19-2014 07:15 PM
    TomTom does not work. Has a problem with the screen resolution and the maps will not show on the screens. Will test Navigon and CoPilot Premium. I prefer offline third party navigation software.
    10-20-2014 02:43 AM
    After thinking about this, I find this completely unacceptable.
    What the hell is the deal here.
    Samsung has now modified android SO MUCH that normal every day apps aren't compatible with an OS that hasn't been updated to android 5.0??
    The resolution didn't break these apps. Samsung and their OS mods did.
    It's not the software it's the screen. There were a few apps on my phone that haven't been updated for the qhd display on my G3. I'm still waiting. Like the Disney app for example.
    10-20-2014 04:56 AM
    Samsung has now modified android SO MUCH that normal every day apps aren't compatible with an OS that hasn't been updated to android 5.0??
    Every device has programs that are and are not compatible with it. There are many reasons, hardware, software etc that causes this. I have 3 tablets from 2 manufaturers, and 4 phones from 3 manufactures, and every now and then I will try to install something and see that it is listed as not being compatible with all of my devices. It happens, and samsung has nothing to do with it. (my nexus tablets seem to be the LEAST compatible, though that might have to do with them not having a rear camera)

This is what I get:

(Image snipped out)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk
    Re: ATT visual voice mail... you shouldn't need to download it, it is pre-installed on the AT&T devices. If you are using a Tmo version on AT&T then I doubt it will ever show as compatible. Its a different model number. You will have to find an APK and sideload it.
    Yellow-06-GT likes this.
    10-20-2014 07:56 AM
    Every device has programs that are and are not compatible with it. There are many reasons, hardware, software etc that causes this. I have 3 tablets from 2 manufaturers, and 4 phones from 3 manufactures, and every now and then I will try to install something and see that it is listed as not being compatible with all of my devices. It happens, and samsung has nothing to do with it. (my nexus tablets seem to be the LEAST compatible, though that might have to do with them not having a rear camera)

Re: ATT visual voice mail... you shouldn't need to download it, it is pre-installed on the AT&T devices. If you are using a Tmo version on AT&T then I doubt it will ever show as compatible. Its a different model number. You will have to find an APK and sideload it.
    Hmmm? This is a stock phone from AT&T, as was my S3 and I never saw an AT&T preloaded app. I had the app in the store loaded on my S3.

I don't find it on the phone. Any AT&T folks out there that can help point me in the right direction?

Thanks

10-20-2014 08:02 AM
    Is it possible this may be a resolution issue, as office is still incompatible with my G3?
    10-20-2014 08:08 AM
    This is what I get:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/19/hypy3e5e.jpg

Hmmm? This is a stock phone from AT&T, as was my S3 and I never saw an AT&T preloaded app. I had the app in the store loaded on my S3.

I don't find it on the phone. Any AT&T folks out there that can help point me in the right direction?

Thanks

It is a white evelope with a blue voicemail logo on it, it is called "Visual Voicemail" Tapped on it, and it immediatly was connected to my voicemail, and listed a voicemail that I got a few days ago that I thought I deleted.

It was part of the AT&T bloatware. IDo you have other AT&T bloat, like locker, and tv, and family finder?

I also found it by using the s-finder function and typing in "voicemail"
    Yellow-06-GT likes this.
    10-20-2014 08:31 AM

Haa, you were right. It appears to be part of the phone app, not a stand alone app. Cool. Thanks.

10-20-2014 05:58 PM
    The ones not working or "not compatible" so far for me have been: redbox, ms office, Starbucks and pocket! Fixed the s.bux issue by searching and dl the apk and its the previous version, but I like it better and it works. I really hope pocket Corp release a fix quickly, I've emailed them online, no answer yet.

10-21-2014 10:37 AM
    The ones not working or "not compatible" so far for me have been: redbox, ms office, Starbucks and pocket! Fixed the s.bux issue by searching and dl the apk and its the previous version, but I like it better and it works. I really hope pocket Corp release a fix quickly, I've emailed them online, no answer yet.

I don't understand the problems with Pocket -- works fine with me. I wonder why the varying results...? (Per the tip someone else gave me in another thread, it is easy to search for the Starbucks apk and sideload if you're comfortable with that.)
    10-21-2014 11:12 AM
    Starbucks app doesn't work

10-21-2014 11:17 AM
    Starbucks app doesn't work

Sideload the apk (google it...)...it does work then. It will not download from PlayStore.
    10-21-2014 11:22 AM
    PAC ControlPro app isn't compatible. Can't find it to side load either.
    10-21-2014 07:19 PM
    Starbucks works now update released:
    What's New
    v2.7.2
    Now supported for Android L and QHD devices. Update also offers overall performance and stability improvements.
    OptiPrime likes this.
    10-23-2014 01:39 PM
    Hmm I hope more apps follow
    10-23-2014 02:38 PM
    Magic 2015 doesn't work either. So bummed, this is my favorite time wasting game.

10-23-2014 02:55 PM
    Starbucks app is updated
    v2.7.2
    Now supported for Android L and QHD devices (Note 4). Update also offers overall performance and stability improvements.

10-23-2014 03:38 PM
    Starbucks app is updated
    v2.7.2
    Now supported for Android L and QHD devices (Note 4). Update also offers overall performance and stability improvements.

They did fast work, didn't they. Kudos to Starbucks.
    10-24-2014 04:21 AM
    BTW, I'm noticing now that WATCH-ON is gone and replaced by something called PEEL Smart Remote

Seems to be about the same difference. I re-downloaded watch-on. But I don't see the point of keeping both. Anyone see a point to that?

-->and also the long-time freebie add-on Polaris is apparently no longer stock, replaced with Hancom. Since I'm a long-time Docs to Go user, I don't much care either way. Add Google Docs coordinating with Google Drive and one might suspect that Docs to Go has an imperiled future. Especially since the sync no longer seems to work very reliably since Android 4 came around and I got a Samsung phone. It's easier to just use Drive, whatever.
    10-25-2014 07:55 AM
    Add REDBOX for me . So really, that's it for now. Sbux, pocket and everything else seem good to go...

10-26-2014 01:52 AM
    Disregard my previous post, found a working apk.
    Well, tried posting a link to dl it but it won't post apkcraft dot com

10-26-2014 01:59 AM
101 12345