Note 4 App availability?

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: App availability?

After thinking about this, I find this completely unacceptable.
What the hell is the deal here.
Samsung has now modified android SO MUCH that normal every day apps aren't compatible with an OS that hasn't been updated to android 5.0??
The resolution didn't break these apps. Samsung and their OS mods did.

This is what I get:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/19/hypy3e5e.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Hmmm? This is a stock phone from AT&T, as was my S3 and I never saw an AT&T preloaded app. I had the app in the store loaded on my S3.

I don't find it on the phone. Any AT&T folks out there that can help point me in the right direction?

Thanks

It is a white evelope with a blue voicemail logo on it, it is called "Visual Voicemail" Tapped on it, and it immediatly was connected to my voicemail, and listed a voicemail that I got a few days ago that I thought I deleted.

It was part of the AT&T bloatware. IDo you have other AT&T bloat, like locker, and tv, and family finder?

I also found it by using the s-finder function and typing in "voicemail"

Yellow-06-GT

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: App availability?

Every device has programs that are and are not compatible with it. There are many reasons, hardware, software etc that causes this. I have 3 tablets from 2 manufaturers, and 4 phones from 3 manufactures, and every now and then I will try to install something and see that it is listed as not being compatible with all of my devices. It happens, and samsung has nothing to do with it. (my nexus tablets seem to be the LEAST compatible, though that might have to do with them not having a rear camera)

Re: ATT visual voice mail... you shouldn't need to download it, it is pre-installed on the AT&T devices. If you are using a Tmo version on AT&T then I doubt it will ever show as compatible. Its a different model number. You will have to find an APK and sideload it.

Haa, you were right. It appears to be part of the phone app, not a stand alone app. Cool. Thanks.

bdgriff

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
The ones not working or "not compatible" so far for me have been: redbox, ms office, Starbucks and pocket! Fixed the s.bux issue by searching and dl the apk and its the previous version, but I like it better and it works. I really hope pocket Corp release a fix quickly, I've emailed them online, no answer yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
The ones not working or "not compatible" so far for me have been: redbox, ms office, Starbucks and pocket! Fixed the s.bux issue by searching and dl the apk and its the previous version, but I like it better and it works. I really hope pocket Corp release a fix quickly, I've emailed them online, no answer yet.

I don't understand the problems with Pocket -- works fine with me. I wonder why the varying results...? (Per the tip someone else gave me in another thread, it is easy to search for the Starbucks apk and sideload if you're comfortable with that.)

stellarose

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Starbucks works now update released:
What's New
v2.7.2
Now supported for Android L and QHD devices. Update also offers overall performance and stability improvements.

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Magic 2015 doesn't work either. So bummed, this is my favorite time wasting game.

agjplus1

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Starbucks app is updated
v2.7.2
Now supported for Android L and QHD devices (Note 4). Update also offers overall performance and stability improvements.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
BTW, I'm noticing now that WATCH-ON is gone and replaced by something called PEEL Smart Remote

Seems to be about the same difference. I re-downloaded watch-on. But I don't see the point of keeping both. Anyone see a point to that?

-->and also the long-time freebie add-on Polaris is apparently no longer stock, replaced with Hancom. Since I'm a long-time Docs to Go user, I don't much care either way. Add Google Docs coordinating with Google Drive and one might suspect that Docs to Go has an imperiled future. Especially since the sync no longer seems to work very reliably since Android 4 came around and I got a Samsung phone. It's easier to just use Drive, whatever.

bdgriff

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Add REDBOX for me . So really, that's it for now. Sbux, pocket and everything else seem good to go...

bdgriff

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Disregard my previous post, found a working apk.
Well, tried posting a link to dl it but it won't post apkcraft dot com

Midas2k3

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
For Office I used APK File Exporter on my Note2 to export the apk and installed it onto my Note4. Used this method to get it working on my Note 10.1 as well. :)

APK is in the Play Store.

Regards

Stu

sanch3z90

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this Google now issue? When I first got the phone it worked fine now it doesn't, idk why? Google now everywhere option not working.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-02-13-03-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-02-13-03-28.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 157

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Redbox still isn't working, I emailed them in the 23rd. Guess they don't want me to rent movies from them, Amazon video is liking that.
I downloaded the watch on from play store, works better then the one on the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692