11-09-2014 08:19 AM
61 123
tools
    True Dat!!

Same here, I kept my Note 3 spotless, and I enjoyed it super big time when it was in its cases. I did a quick sale on Craigslist for $350 with two spare batteries, original box, and two cases. It rival a new one.

Right now, my Note 4 is covers with a Spigen Tough Armor, Temp Glass, and a wallet type case, and I am loving it.
    Also, on keeping things and how you used them, my racebike, takes me around corners at 100mph+, inches from other racers, and yes, I don't want a spec to get on my racebike, and I have frame protectors on the bike, bar end protectors, and my skinny frail body has high end custom made suits..

So, the protection thing is a BIGGEE. Also, what others chose to do, will be correct for them too.
    I was desperate sold my s5 for $250 extra charger kit and 5 spigen cases smh I got raped

Posted via Android Central App
    10-19-2014 06:48 PM
    Just traded in a beat up BB Tour and got $200 for it

Just traded in a iPhone 5S no case scratches etc and water damage $375
    Glad it worked out for you.. Without a promo though you wouldn't be able to do that. Again you can think your devices are worthless.. But no reason to get on others for disagreeing .
    10-19-2014 08:16 PM
    Thanks to the OP for sharing what happened. I've been on the fence about getting a case or not. I prefer not to get a case for this phone, not because I believe in any hype regarding the metal frame. I simply prefer to go without a case on most of the phones I've had.

So, rather than flame the OP for not putting a case on or making comparisons to iPhones, I'll simply say thanks to the OP for sharing a real life, common experience that will add to the other factors I think about when I decide whether or not to put a case on the phone.
    10-19-2014 09:59 PM
    I got my spigen case today (Thanks to Amazon Sunday delivery!) and it covers the dent.

Sorry for not making this clear, I love the phone and feel of the metal band. I just don't think it's designed to take a beating of every day use. I dropped my Note 3, bumped it into things, etc.. and the plastic held up great. I just don't see the same durability with the metal band on the side. If you look at the edges of the phone the flat side is probably pretty durable, but the 45 degree edge is where I think is pretty fragile.

Anyways, i'm over it already, and this is the only thread I started on any forum. It's really just to vent some frustration from denting a brand new phone!
    10-20-2014 12:57 AM

Anyways, i'm over it already, and this is the only thread I started on any forum. It's really just to vent some frustration from denting a brand new phone!
    Your frustration is well understandable. It's the type of story that makes us all wince!

I had a friend who got his first new car some years back. The 2d day, I was riding with him in the passenger seat and someone rear-ended him. I just expected him to go ballistic. I was surprised at how calm he was. He was certainly sad on the ride home, though.
    10-20-2014 04:21 AM
    I feel you. My very first smartphone was an HTC Evo. First week I had it without a case and dropped it on concrete. Ever since then I always get a case in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-20-2014 11:21 AM
    I'm not going to criticize Samsung for using metal on their phones. For years they have been penalized in oublic opinion for using plastic over more premium materials and now they finally make the Note 4 from premium materials using metal over plastic and now they are being criticized for that too. Samsung can't win.

Written by the mighty S-pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!
    llfloyd79 likes this.
    10-22-2014 04:49 AM
    Until you have had the pleasure of driving a car and not care what happens to it in any weather only then you are free...

It's replaceable like anything else materialistic and no matter how much you take care of it it will be worthless at some point so you might as well enjoy it

It's a phone
    If your whole life revolves protecting material things that's crazy
    People buy nice clothes never wear them lol that's silly
    People buy cars and never drive them
    People save money and never treat themselves

Why not live in a bubble
    OK protect your phone I don't care but don't be upset over worthless things getting scratched bent makes no sense

If people only put this much thought into relationships and family they would protect what really matters in life their heart and soul by just putting the phone down
    11-08-2014 01:50 PM
    Same thing happened to my Note 4 too.....felt very bad on first day but now getting use to dent...
    11-08-2014 01:53 PM
    It's a bit of a catch 22 isn't it.
    You use a case and that metal might as well be plastic because you're covering it up anyway.
    You don't use a case and even if you baby it there are some things you cannot account for that may damage the phone.

I've had my HTC One for a year and a half which a have a case on.
    But I have never dropped it or anything, this whole time I could have been going caseless.
    Although Murphey's law says if I hadn't been using a case I probably would have dropped it lol.
    monsieurms and Katrina White1 like this.
    11-08-2014 07:29 PM
    It's a bit of a catch 22 isn't it.
    You use a case and that metal might as well be plastic because you're covering it up anyway.
    You don't use a case and even if you baby it there are some things you cannot account for that may damage the phone.

I've had my HTC One for a year and a half which a have a case on.
    But I have never dropped it or anything, this whole time I could have been going caseless.
    Although Murphey's law says if I hadn't been using a case I probably would have dropped it lol.
    Murphy should not be messed with. He is relentless and will get you every time.
    11-09-2014 08:19 AM
61 123