Had my N4 for a few hours and put a dent on the metal frame.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I like driving my $60,000 car whenever in the rain or snow I earned it to buy it I earned to to use it however I want I don't understand the concept of cases on a beautiful piece of equipment just like I don't understand the guy who worked his whole life to buy that special car to have sit in the garage so he dies and someone else enjoys it for him makes no sense
It's case less for me

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has been using plastic for a very good reason. IMO, they used metal because of all the detractors out there claiming that plastic is inferior. BS. High impact plastic (polycarbonate, for example) can absorb impacts without remaining deformed. sorry your phone got damaged!

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I like driving my $60,000 car whenever in the rain or snow I earned it to buy it I earned to to use it however I want I don't understand the concept of cases on a beautiful piece of equipment just like I don't understand the guy who worked his whole life to buy that special car to have sit in the garage so he dies and someone else enjoys it for him makes no sense
It's case less for me

I agree. I wouldn't garage my exotic car (if I had one) and never use it. However I wouldn't drive my exotic car in ice or snow either. I'd have it garaged and use it on good weather days only.

Likewise, I'll case up my beautiful Note 4 when the conditions warrant it and I'll go without the case when they don't.

Posted via the Android Central App

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I think the metal ring will give them some additional structural integrity but only in one plane. that one plane happens to be the one at risk when you pocket the phone. Clearly Samsung has done a better job in that regard than Apple as the Apple all alum case is far more prone to damage. The sammy housing probably would have been more structurally sound than the Apple eve without the ring.

I would be more inclined to think Sammy was bowing to the marketplace if they left the metal ring its natural color which they didn't do. It is the same color as the rest of the housing. If anything, they are hiding it.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I wouldn't garage my exotic car (if I had one) and never use it. However I wouldn't drive my exotic car in ice or snow either. I'd have it garaged and use it on good weather days only.

Likewise, I'll case up my beautiful Note 4 when the conditions warrant it and I'll go without the case when they don't.

Until you have had the pleasure of driving a car and not care what happens to it in any weather only then you are free...

It's replaceable like anything else materialistic and no matter how much you take care of it it will be worthless at some point so you might as well enjoy it

It's a phone
If your whole life revolves protecting material things that's crazy
People buy nice clothes never wear them lol that's silly
People buy cars and never drive them
People save money and never treat themselves

Why not live in a bubble
OK protect your phone I don't care but don't be upset over worthless things getting scratched bent makes no sense

If people only put this much thought into relationships and family they would protect what really matters in life their heart and soul by just putting the phone down

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about you phone. To those who say go caseless; hell no. It's a phone not a "thing to measure your social status". It's a device packed with tech that could easily be damaged if not properly protected. It's not about what it looks like but what it does. Put a case on it people. Nobody cares about your shiny little narcissistic thing.

Posted via Android Central App

Actually I think it's funny I hear so many people wanting the new iPhone because it looks sweet or its so thin but then they throw a case on it and all the beauty is gone and it's just another piece of electronic tech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Sorry about you phone. To those who say go caseless; hell no. It's a phone not a "thing to measure your social status". It's a device packed with tech that could easily be damaged if not properly protected. It's not about what it looks like but what it does. Put a case on it people. Nobody cares about your shiny little narcissistic thing.

Who cares what it looks like it's a phone protect it with dear life...

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Until you have had the pleasure of driving a car and not care what happens to it in any weather only then you are free...

It's replaceable like anything else materialistic and no matter how much you take care of it it will be worthless at some point so you might as well enjoy it

It's a phone

Why not live in a bubble
OK protect your phone I don't care but don't be upset over worthless things getting scratched bent makes no sense

If people only put this much thought into relationships and family they would protect what really matters in life their heart and soul by just putting the phone down

Coming from the person with a phone in his hand? Lol

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It's a phone

Why not live in a bubble

Worthless? I disagree. I sold my Note 3 to a coworker.. With an extra battery, case, and charger for 300 bucks. So keeping my phones in good condition isn't worthless to me.. Since that 300 just went to my Note 4.

gazuga6176

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I had mine for less then 24 hours, and was walking home my dog and he pulled me, the note 4 flew out of my pocket, waist high onto asphalt. It was horrifying. Little dent on the metal frame. Ironically, I had just checked online to see if best buy was open so I could get a case. I went, and they only had those crappy s view cases, but I was she'll shocked and bought it out of desperation. Even more ironically, i actually love the case. Very slick, but I ordered a spigen which I will use as soon as it arrives.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

This is one of the funniest things I've ever read on the net............. TRUE LOL

gazuga6176

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
And it's true that phones get scratched and dented just like cars and whatever else, but that honeymoon period where those sexy shiny metal lines glint in the afternoon sunshine just so is part of the joy of being into whatever shiny thing your into. They are just things, but they are things most of us worked hard to obtain.if that's not your thing, I envy you cuz you can grab a go phone for 15 bucks ;)

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Well I have only seen photos of the Spigen Tough Armor from users here. I have one in slate coming. but I have to admit it looks like they have done a really good job of making it a very sleek case. You don't often get to compare them one to the next until somebody posts up some comparison pics. That one makes some of the others look downright prehistoric. I bought mine initially because the deal was hard to ignore but the more I look at it, if I like how it looks around the phone I might just make it the permanent case.

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have never used a phone without a case. I didn't care if the note 4 felt premium or not since I always put on a case.

Since I got the phone, I always take the case off to show off the phone.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Too much hype and fanfare has been made with the Note 4 metal frame and premium feel when it's so fragile that most owners are going to be covering all of it up with a case. I know the OP feels awful that his phone was damaged, but once it is covered he won't see the dent any more than anyone else will see their perfect metal frame that they have hidden from view, encased immediately out of the box.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Too much hype and fanfare has been made with the Note 4 metal frame and premium feel when it's so fragile that most owners are going to be covering all of it up with a case. I know the OP feels awful that his phone was damaged, but once it is covered he won't see the dent any more than anyone else will see their perfect metal frame that they have hidden from view, encased immediately out of the box.

Most phones are fragile so I wouldn't say it's hype. The hype is about it being nice.. Which it is... But it being damaged due to drops and stuff?.. I don't know any top phone out today that can just take that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781