05-23-2016 11:24 PM
99 ... 234
tools
    I wish the Verizon update fixed my talking calculator. Unfortunately, it did not.

via Note 4 on Verizon Wireless
    Weird. Thought the Verizon update fixed mine as there was no talkback after the update but now calculator is talking out loud again even with mute or vibrate. Looks like it's back to Llama event control for me.
    12-13-2014 02:45 PM
    I had pushbullet installed and on when this bug popped up out of nowhere last night two days after I installed the Verizon update. I started messing with settings and the phone froze to the point I had to pull the battery and do a factory reset. Nothing else got my phone to work. I also had greenify installed previously but hadn't used it yet. After the reset I loaded all my apps up except greenify and pushbullet and the phone seems fine. When I checked under services in Accessibility, nothing is listed now but I remember pushbullet was there previously. After reading everyone's posts I turned S voice off and on and the calculator is fine. I did not actually use s-voice yet. Going to stick with google to avoid this issue.

Not sure if it's related but another bug popped up this morning. Took phone off charger, noticed it was beeping at intervals of about 10 seconds, drove me crazy, saw that there were no notifications and oddly enough, it said the phone was charging when it wasn't. Then I watched my battery drain very fast with no services running. I didn't get a screen shot but the battery status screen showed the green charging bar in a series of blips probably corresponding to the intermittent beeps all this off the charger! I did a full memory cache wipe, rebooted, and it was fine. There was no way in hell I was doing Factory reset again twice in 24 hours. Been using phone all day with no beeping and battery drain seems normal. Anyone else seen or heard of this with Touchwiz or Note 4?
    12-13-2014 07:03 PM
    After reading suggestions on here, I've been able to fix the issue on my Note 4 through Verizon. Mine was caused by Pushbullet under Accessibility > Services. Pretty weird and annoying bug, but I use the calculator far more than I use pushbullet and I didn't want to download a third party calculator because the stock one works with the pop up apps and frankly I don't need more third party apps on my phone than necessary. Hope this works for someone else.
    01-07-2015 11:37 PM
    After reading suggestions on here, I've been able to fix the issue on my Note 4 through Verizon. Mine was caused by Pushbullet under Accessibility > Services. Pretty weird and annoying bug, but I use the calculator far more than I use pushbullet and I didn't want to download a third party calculator because the stock one works with the pop up apps and frankly I don't need more third party apps on my phone than necessary. Hope this works for someone else.
    Thanks this helped me!
    renamitchell likes this.
    01-08-2015 12:41 AM
    To solve the calculator talkback issue, go to:settings/device/accessability/services. Turn off anything you have listed there
    renamitchell likes this.
    01-12-2015 02:13 PM
    I fixed my calculator talking by changing the voice from high quality female to regular female.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-13-2015 10:35 PM
    My settings page looks different on Sprint running 4.4.4. Either way the above solution does work. In settings look for "Accessibility" under the personalization tab. Scroll to the bottom and look at what Services you have On. I had Roboform password manager that made my calculator talk. Don't ask me how they are connected. Either way I disabled that and now that stupid calculator has stopped talking. Thank God.
    02-05-2015 10:15 PM
    Just like butterfly210 said.. volume button on the left. ...setting button on the right. ..media to off. Done.

02-08-2015 08:46 AM
    The issue causing the calculator to talk on Note4 KitKat is : Smart Remote ON. just shut off option if you are not using. No need to mess with volume controls and silent options.
    02-09-2015 09:14 PM
    Smart Remote is disabled on my phone and my calculator still talks.

via Note 4 on Verizon Wireless
    02-09-2015 11:28 PM
    I forced stopped stock calculator and installed Calculator Plus Free. No more talking calculator! Ray
    02-12-2015 09:52 PM
    Has anyone found a solution? I have tried everything and can't get the calculator to stop taking. It is annoying to have to me the volume.

I will probably just make a tasker profile to hide the problem.
    02-17-2015 01:09 AM
    For mine I installed lazy swipe its a nice app but it askes for you to turn on lazy swipe in accessibility I turned it off and my calculator stopped talking hope that helps
    02-25-2015 10:40 AM
    Is anyone having an issue where there is talk back in the stock calculator? It's very annoying and I can't find a way to turn it off. The Talk Back in my accessibility is off but yet the calculator still speak every time I press a number.
    For me I had an app called lazy swipe and it asked me to turn on services in accessibility for it as soon as I turned it on my calculator was talking and as soon as I turned it off it fixed it (settings-accessibility-services-turn to off and it should fix your problem
    02-25-2015 10:58 AM
    For mine I installed lazy swipe its a nice app but it askes for you to turn on lazy swipe in accessibility I turned it off and my calculator stopped talking hope that helps
    Same here, I tried LS and it made my calculator talk (due to accessibility settings).
    02-25-2015 11:05 AM
    My Verizon note 4 did that and it just stopped one day at work
    03-03-2015 11:26 PM
    Is anyone having an issue where there is talk back in the stock calculator? It's very annoying and I can't find a way to turn it off. The Talk Back in my accessibility is off but yet the calculator still speak every time I press a number.
    Problem occurred weeks after installing All-In-One-Toolbox. Changed one of its settings yesterday, Boost Device 2x's Faster, and noticed calculator talking today. FIX: Settings > Accessibility > scroll to bottom of page and turn off All-In-One-Toolbox. I can still use their app for everything else but the calculator no longer talks. I recall reading a blurb that mentioned odd things can happen from turning Boost on & they were correct.
    04-05-2015 03:45 PM
    Soldier,

That's a easier solution. Thanks!!
    06-05-2015 05:34 PM
    I just realized it stopped! I thought my volume was down, but it was almost to maximum and no talking calculator! Thank you Google!

06-30-2015 10:16 PM
    I fixed my calculator talking by changing the voice from high quality female to regular female.

Hi...where can I find the voice changing function for the calculator?
    08-29-2015 09:25 PM
    Thanks I had security 360 in that box. Now the calculator has stopped talking.
    09-30-2015 04:04 AM
    Finally figured it out, concrete solution. It's the samsung text to speech engine causing this problem. I'm rooted so i tested it out through bloat freezer, froze the samsung text to speech engine and it worked perfectly. I still have google text to speech enabled and that doesn't interefere.
    02-11-2016 05:20 PM
    OK, so here's my shot at the solution, at least for t-mobile note 4. Settings>Accessibility>scroll all the way down to "Smart Launcher" and turn it off.
    Go back to the calculator and enjoy the silence...
    03-27-2016 11:22 PM
    05-23-2016 11:24 PM
99 ... 234