Note 4 Stock Calculator - Talk Back

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
i have Verizon and completely wiped my device and still have the issue. I have nothing in service so I'm confused just went with a friend to get a new phone and he bought a new phone. I still have the issue he and my wife do not I'm confused it must be a app or something. I took my sim and memory card out and put it in my wifes phone and she had no issue I put her stuff into my phone still a issue I think I'm going to use a different email and try it again...ext5062

shzusuziq

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't use any of those apps & my calculator is still talking. I stopped using the stock calculator and just downloaded a better one.

butterfly210

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Ok... It's very hard to explain by typing.... See if u guys can follow me... The calculator and S Voice works kinda like against each other... In the settings under accessibility scroll down to services turn those things off S Voice will work... Turn them on the calculator talks back to you S Voice won't!!! now for me all I have under services is Go locker so it was easy to figure out what was the issue... If u have more than 1 app under accessibility/services you have to figure out which is the culprit... When I turn go locker on the calculator talks back to me... To temp disable the calculator voice u can turn media sound down... To totally disable it you go under accessibility/service turn off whatever services is on... Can't make it any clearer.... Don't be afraid to play around with the device just remember your steps... No one helped me... I just played around with the settings until I figured it out!!!

Last edited:

JonnyKs

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
It's definitely an issue with auto fill.

I turned last pass off in accessibility & the calculator stopped taking to me.

Sent from my Note 4

atkinsm

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I signed up just to add this comment...

This is quite annoying (and embarrassing in a quiet room when you're not expecting your phone to start shouting at you) and does seem to be a bug with the Note 4's calculator app. From reading the posts here, it looks like there is an issue with Settings-Personalisation-Accessibility-Services section. For me, it's when this service is enabled:
AutoVoice Google Now Integration

I've gone into the settings for that service and changed a few things, but nothing fixes the issue. However, as I'm using this service for integration with Tasker, I've been able to use Tasker to fix the problem. In Tasker:

1. Create a new Profile for the Calculator App
2. For the entry task, first store the Volume Media variable value %VOLM to a new variable named %mediaVolume. Then set the media volume to 0.
3. For the exit task, restore the media volume to the %mediaVolume value you stored in the entry task.

In simple terms, the media volume on my phone is now stored when the calculator app is launched, the media volume is then muted whilst using the calculator app to mask this annoying bug, and finally the media volume is restored to its old value when the calculator app is closed.

Problem solved (well covered up at least)

jennifer

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
it's *anything* in accessibility that's turned on that's causing it. i don't have fast fill but i had led blinker pro turned on and as soon as i turned it off, the calculator stopped talking. it sucks though, i hope there's a fix for this issue soon.

gdhampton7

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
it's *anything* in accessibility that's turned on that's causing it. i don't have fast fill but i had led blinker pro turned on and as soon as i turned it off, the calculator stopped talking. it sucks though, i hope there's a fix for this issue soon.

Which carrier are you with?

atkinsm

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't have fast fill in that section, I guess TechNut79 doesn't either.

My fix should still work, even with no services such as FastFill. You just need to install Tasker, which is worth having on any phone anyway.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't have fast fill in that section, I guess TechNut79 doesn't either.

My fix should still work, even with no services such as FastFill. You just need to install Tasker, which is worth having on any phone anyway.

I somehow didn't see that I had Roboform in there. Turned it off and all is well.

via Note 4 on Verizon Wireless